Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2013, 04:04 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,330,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Now you understand? Have you forgotten here in the United States of America a person is innocent until proven guilty.... It takes a warped mind to twist that into not guilty does not = innocent....
Semantics seem to favor your position ,
Very unfortunate that we'll never get to hear the other side of the story.

Old 07-26-2013, 06:33 AM

46,307 posts, read 27,124,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
Oh my he's so threatening by sticking his middle finger up in a picture. Oh no! Let me get my firearm and shoot him when he's absolutely not a threat to me!

Oh wait.
I guess that point flew so far over your head......well, never mind, it just did....

Old 07-26-2013, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
lets be clear. this is a lynching-

geroge zimmerman is safe and sound in his bed...
Haters gonna hate....

Old 07-26-2013, 07:00 AM

9,884 posts, read 10,981,966 times
Quote:
He may have been found not guilty of killing Trayvon Martin by the broken and flawed legal system of this country, but he's guilty in the eyes of the everyday American of MURDERING Trayvon Martin in coldblood.

Unfortunately, only one of those matters in the long run and now we have a murderer walking free on the streets.

Beautiful country we have, huh?

Sorry, but I consider myself an "everyday American", and IMO the trial should have never taken place.
BUT, once the prosecution started, it became very clear that self defense was the correct call.
Yes, GZ killed TM, and YES, IMO, he was justified in doing so.
The jury agreed.
End of story.
Given the circumstances, I would have done the same thing.

Old 07-26-2013, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
Sorry, but I consider myself an "everyday American", and IMO the trial should have never taken place.
BUT, once the prosecution started, it became very clear that self defense was the correct call.
Yes, GZ killed TM, and YES, IMO, he was justified in doing so.
The jury agreed.
End of story.
Given the circumstances, I would have done the same thing.
You cannot talk to people like this, they are not able to see or understand this was put up as a racist crime from the very git-go, hence the altered tape. Also, they are unable to figure out that GZ was investigated by the DOJ for hate crimes (or something like that) prior to this, and they found NOTHING.

The only thing people like this hear are: They called him black....that's it, even when the altered tapes were figured out....the race game was on and GZ's life has changed for ever.

Old 07-26-2013, 10:33 AM

2,540 posts, read 2,758,047 times
Quote:
He may have been found not guilty of killing Trayvon Martin by the broken and flawed legal system of this country, but he's guilty in the eyes of the everyday American of MURDERING Trayvon Martin in coldblood.
Speak for yourself. He's guilty in YOUR eyes.

Old 07-26-2013, 10:38 AM

2,540 posts, read 2,758,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Thinker View Post
Today's statements by this extremely confused and biased juror, are creepy. Her comments are fairly similar to many of the liberals on this board, just more direct. Too bad she was forced to see and hear evidence, and follow the law. All that pesky stuff.
She's a complete idiot. She actually said: "a lot of us wanted to find something that we could charge him with". But OBVIOUSLY there was nothing to charge him with, as it was clearly self-defense. The prosecution simply thought it could prey on the jurors' emotions in order to convict Zimmerman. This case should never have gone to trial.

Old 07-26-2013, 10:50 AM

9,884 posts, read 10,981,966 times
Her's a question for those who followed and examined this fiasco from day one...
(I ask because I truly don't know!)
The Fifth Amendment clearly states "No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury..."
Was a Grand Jury Indictment ever handed down? Was the case even presented to a Grand Jury? I don't recall ever hearing about any Grand Jury action before the trial. If there wasn't any Grand Jury, wasn't the trial a violation of GZ's Constitutional Rights??
Nah, that couldn't have happened! I just didn't hear about The Grand Jury!

Old 07-26-2013, 11:39 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Actually, I'd say he made a bad decision which forced him to defend himself. Martin didn't have to attack him, so made an equally bad decision.

Everything he's going through, is a result of media hype. Race merchants missed the good ole days when there really was a racist problem in America, so much so, they're resurrecting it. It makes them feel all 60's nostalgic.
Nope....i'm going with Zimmerman's excuse.

He said that everything went according to God's will, and we all know that God saved him, wanted Martin to die, and wouldn't bring Zimmerman this far just to be harmed for defending himself.

So while i appreciate your opinion, i'm sticking to what Zimmerman postulated.

Old 07-26-2013, 12:38 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,086,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
Her's a question for those who followed and examined this fiasco from day one...
(I ask because I truly don't know!)
The Fifth Amendment clearly states "No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury..."
Was a Grand Jury Indictment ever handed down? Was the case even presented to a Grand Jury? I don't recall ever hearing about any Grand Jury action before the trial. If there wasn't any Grand Jury, wasn't the trial a violation of GZ's Constitutional Rights??
Nah, that couldn't have happened! I just didn't hear about The Grand Jury!
A special prosecutor was appointed because the local prosecutor found it to be a ligit self defense shooting. The grand jury was totally bypassed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.