Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2013, 06:05 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,134,556 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
this is such crap
my primary care doctor is from Nigeria
the office is in a mostly black area I am usually the only white face in there and when I go up to his floor
I am almost always with black men
I do not clutch my purse or hold my breath!
good grief
what an insulting comment to make Obama needs to TRY and be president, I know he has not done very well at that job so far but he needs to try and quit insulting white women and black men
what a totally ignorant man he is
I have a feeling you're insulted when Obama brushes his teeth.

Old 07-19-2013, 06:07 PM

109 posts, read 91,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
There's that word again! We can't even have a rational discussion about race without someone screaming racist.

Don't take this the wrong way and I don't mean it personally, but I have to wonder if a lot of right-wingers are really old. It's like we live on a different planet and their thinking patterns strike me as elderly,

I feel like a lot of times, I'm listening to my elderly father and his caretaker while they rant about that black ************* in the white house. That whole generation.

Senior citizen hater. Just because some one is right-wing, and elderly, they must be racist.

Give it a rest.

I hate Obama's policies. I'm so racist I wanted Herman Cain to be president.

Doesn't President Obama realize the USA is so racist they elected a black man president.

Quit calling others racist and realize that most people do judge others by the content of their character.

Old 07-19-2013, 06:07 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,520,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
You'd be way wrong about that.

Here ya go:

Innocent until proven guilty.

Found NOT GUILTY.

INNOCENT!

Now you know. Don't you feel silly!
There's a difference and you know it. Why don't the verdict forms have a box to check for 'INNOCENT'?

There's a reason.

Unless - you also think OJ is innocent. Perhaps you do. The jury spoke after all.

Old 07-19-2013, 06:08 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,987,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Sure. Let's talk about race, particular the kind that is only 12% of our population yet commit 40% crime.

Let's really talk about that. You go first.
Blacks in the ghetto commit crimes because they can't afford to live in decent middle class neighborhoods & go to White schools.

That will be his argument watch & see.

Old 07-19-2013, 06:10 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,781,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suffolk2010 View Post
Zimmerman is still alive, though.. Even those who agree with the verdict and somewhat "empathize" with Zimmerman concede that he made a some poor decisions that night.
Of course.

But Trayvon made poorer ones. And they resulted in his death.

Attacking, knocking down, and beating someone who has not attacked you, is a VERY poor decision.

BTW, it's also a crime - the ONLY crime that was committed that night.

Old 07-19-2013, 06:11 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,035,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
You don't know that race had nothing to do with it.

I suppose it's possible that Zimmerman is equal opportunity sociopath/stalker/murderer. Or maybe he was engaging in a little racial profiling.

Regardless, Obama was discussing the lens through which black people view the world.
There is zero, nada, zilch worth of evidence to show it. So until then, bringing race into this is bs.

Regardless.....I cont care. We've heard it a million times before. I dont care what lens they look through. That sounds like a problem with them, no one else. If them looking through that everything as skin color, that shows their biggest problem is looking at the world through skin color. The evidence in this case shows there was no racism involved. I think he shouldve said, quit looking through the world through your black colored lens and start owning up to your own issues.

Old 07-19-2013, 06:11 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,520,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
There is not a shred of evidence this was about race yet so many racists just keep saying it was about race!!!
This is the post I was quoting. See the 'racist' word?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream2020 View Post
Senior citizen hater. Just because some one is right-wing, and elderly, they must be racist.

Give it a rest.

Doesn't President Obama realize the USA is so racist they elected a black man president.

Quit calling others racist and realize that most people do judge others by the content of their character.
Don't be so self-absorbed; I wasn't referring specifically to you.

All I have seen on this forum - with regard to Obama's speech today is that it was racist. So perhaps you should direct your comments to them.

Old 07-19-2013, 06:15 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,381,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dream2020 View Post

Give it a rest.

Just because non-bigots voted President Obama into office doesn't mean that this country is no longer continually being cursed with bigots. Racism exists in this country and acting indifferent to it is not an effective way for you to be part of the solution. Racists are racists and are targeted here.

Acknowledge this and do something about it. You "hate" Obama's policies, so chances are you, like the bigoted segment of this country you have more in common with than not, are part of the problem.

The fact that you wanted Herman Cain to be president doesn't mean that you are not a bigot, and it doesn't mean that you work to combat racism.

Old 07-19-2013, 06:15 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,207,203 times
[quote=Ringo1;30571063]I thought he gave a thoughtful and calming speech ~ trying to unite, not divide.

Every time the subject of race comes up - it's now 'race baiting'. An effective tool at ending any and all communication on the subject.

President Obama is right - the next generation sees things soo differently.[/quote

OMYGOSH!!!
are you kidding me
I was insulted by his stupid speech
news flash this is 2013 NOT 1960

I lived through that crap!!!!
we have a BLACK president for crying out loud
a lousy one but he is BLACK
white folks elected his ass not once but twice and that yahoo gets up there and tells me to look in my heart about race
I am going to puke
all I frigging hear about is race
I am sick to frigging death with the very word race!!!!

get the hell over it
if you want to be respected then act like somebody
quit having your pants drag down to the ground I am sick of looking at you ass
finish school get a job parent your kids quit running the frigging streets at night with yo' ho
good grief!!
this is making me resent some of you blow hards I do not go through my life thinking of black folks and how they have ruined my life
now if you want to spend your life thinking that white folks is holding you down
then keep it up stay pitiful in your own mind I do not give a rats ass any more

Old 07-19-2013, 06:17 PM

109 posts, read 91,010 times
LOL! Yeah, I'm a bigot. That is the funniest thing I have heard in my life. If you only knew.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies