Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2013, 09:43 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortpes View Post
You should understand that the function of such a department is to save the company money. That is all. True you will hear various goals, titles, etc. but the function is to save money. A reduction in the legal exposure of the company would save money. There are numerous other money saving functions of this department.
Hmmm....that's an interesting way to look at it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2013, 10:24 PM

123 posts, read 192,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
I haven't seen an overrepresentation of black people in HR. In my professional experience at companies I have worked for, the HR department seems to be mostly white women, mainly with a high school education and some college. A few have had bachelor's degrees and sometimes the director of the department has a master's. The head honcho is usually male and white. In my experience they have been techno-phobic with poor grammar/spelling.

YMMV.
I actually second this. A lot of them tend to be borderline idiots also. If utilized right, HR can be a very effective asset for a company however the department is often a waste.

Old 07-22-2013, 10:57 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by super karate man View Post
I actually second this. A lot of them tend to be borderline idiots also. If utilized right, HR can be a very effective asset for a company however the department is often a waste.
I'm amazed that everyone around here seems to know so much about their H.R. departments.

I've never talked to a single person in any H.R. in any company i've ever worked at except on the phone setting up an interview or reviewing a personnel decision. Hell, i thought they worked in caves.

Old 07-22-2013, 10:59 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
I am a Black woman and have held a management position in HR. My job was to recruit the best candidates for positions regardless of their race.
Excellent reply. And that is the way it should be.

Old 07-23-2013, 04:42 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perryview22 View Post
No, I am not saying that only black people adopt institutional behaviors. What I am saying is shame on black people if they do what others are guilty of - esp. when the victims of the unconscionable behavior are other black people who are already the most vulnerable in corporate life.
I don't think they're any different from any other people.
Who doesn't follow what they're told to keep their job?
What do you want them to do, walk out and be unemployed?

I do HR work as a part of my job. I ADVISE, I do not make decisions.
I have to go along with management decisions and take the heat for them.
I have no control, just blame.

I can quit.
Why would I do that?

Shame on anyone who has to work for a living because we ALL compromise ourselves in one way or another.

Old 08-07-2016, 02:59 PM

7 posts, read 3,001 times
I wish this thread went into more detail - I am not trying to start a fight here but my feelings and experiences MAY (or may not) help anybody else who has been through this. There are a great number of black women in hr and frankly - they are NOT nice. Angry and vengeful - basically unhappy. Whenever there are blacks put in ANY position where they can exert any power they do so. It is not the higher ups who are not black - they black female hr rep is conveying (lying) the wrong information - they are twisting facts and are projecting their own unhappiness onto and into a company. I have worked in several places and have both seen it done to others and experienced it myself. It is their insecurities which lead them to power trip. Whenever a company has a black hr rep you can be certain there is contention. I am aware this sounds racist and horrible - I do not like feeling this way but I do. It was such a bad experience for myself and others whom I am still in touch with that we no longer approach anyone black for even the smallest customer service. I am Asian and female and avoid Black women like the plague now. I stopped using certain companies - cable - phone - stores because of the service from black women. Everything is a fight and not worth it. Furthermore, their comprehension of the English language is so very poor that they don't even understand what was just said. See, this is how racial bias begins - I never began feeling this way. They are hired because they are vicious and WILL do dirty work - weak leadership keeps them (or gets stuck with them) and strong leadership hires those whom understand decency and respect. Black cops - rude to me - black security rude to me - and trust me I do not mouth off to anyone. Every other culture nice to me - but not black women. I really believe that blacks resent Asians a great deal as we have excelled in the world in a way they never will - but that is a whole other thread and now I am concerned I have upset people. My intention is not to hurt anyone but I cannot take it anymore. These black women think they are being smart - they police people - write people up - why? To give you a record so they have something to use against you to fire you - but it simply kills the human spirit and as such - productivity. It's not smart. I will never hire a black - work with one on the same level - nor work for one. They have no emotional intelligence and are cruel. If someone did to them what they did to others - oh no - media spotlight. I really do not like them - and again, I am not happy I feel this way.

Old 08-07-2016, 03:06 PM

Default Agree ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by super karate man View Post

You are completely correct - and I wish it were the case. Well functioning HR treats employees with respect - not an out to get you mentality. It is so bad for morale - and you can make excuse you want for it BUT killing one's spirit is never good - I just don't know how some people live with themselves. I just hope one person in HR reads this and sees what is wrong or how people feel and makes a positive change. We all deserve respect. It is like they want to turn people into criminals by giving them a record. I will NEVER work for an organization again that has as HR rep like this. Sorry - ranting but deeply wounded lets just say .... I have never had an issue where the HR person was kind - it is not a dream job (HR) and nobody grows up saying they want to be an HR rep. It is NOT a power position that is not its' purpose - but I'm sorry - each time a black (woman usually) has one of these jobs they are turning it into a power position. It is horrible.

Old 08-07-2016, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I'm amazed that everyone around here seems to know so much about their H.R. departments.

I've never talked to a single person in any H.R. in any company I've ever worked at except on the phone setting up an interview or reviewing a personnel decision. Hell, i thought they worked in caves.

You know what me neither UNTIL I had to deal with black HR people. Everyone had to deal with the black HR person. Sorry but it is how I feel. I no longer ever see the HR person (not black) just did my paperwork and that was it. It's been SO much more peaceful. Consider yourself lucky.

Old 08-07-2016, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
But not a color-blind eye to it.
If it were, the post would read more like:

I think that people too often are more concerned about adopting and patterning their behaviors to conform with institutional expectations than being moral, conscionable people. I expect that they are often afraid to curtail active discrimination for fear of losing their jobs, so they turn a blind eye to it.

Or are you saying that only black people are the only ones who behave this way?

I am saying only blacks in HR behave this way. I'll say it. It is true. And I really do not care if people agree or not - those who have never experienced it will not and those who are black will not (obviously) but anyone honest and wanting to see people treated better WILL. They are horrible people to deal with in any HR position and for that matter ANY customer service position. RUDE and INSECURE and POWER TRIPPING. They need to be fired. Don't work with people if you cannot be nice.

Old 08-07-2016, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
All a game.

You make your moves and they make theirs.

Who is right and who is wrong is a matter of highly biased opinion.

And that's just it - For blacks it is a game. They are shady people and could care less about the feelings of others. Entitled and think that the world owes them. I no longer have to deal with it and have so much more peace now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies