Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2013, 09:03 AM

9,470 posts, read 6,974,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
I'd like to bring a discussion from another forum here, in addition to adding a few other questions.

Should either choice require a license?
Should this choice be given to the state legislatures to decide?
Alaska requires no permit for either.

It isn't a hotbed of homicide, either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2013, 09:05 AM

9,639 posts, read 6,023,272 times
Quote:
I'd like to bring a discussion from another forum here, in addition to adding a few other questions.

I prefer concealed. I feel those people are more... responsible? professional? My grandfather was a police chief, when off duty he always concealed his firearm.

As a whole... I am not sure I trust any of them. Neither concealed or open carry means they are remotely capable of handling a situation, doesn't even mean they're capable of using them. Something like the Aura theater shooting, could have been an even bigger disaster with the above.

Old 09-23-2013, 09:17 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,835,417 times
Quote:

Open or concealed? I don't know. Why don't we ask the Taliban which method works better for them.

Old 09-23-2013, 09:25 AM

4,738 posts, read 4,437,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
I prefer concealed. I feel those people are more... responsible? professional? My grandfather was a police chief, when off duty he always concealed his firearm.

As a whole... I am not sure I trust any of them. Neither concealed or open carry means they are remotely capable of handling a situation, doesn't even mean they're capable of using them. Something like the Aura theater shooting, could have been an even bigger disaster with the above.
^^^^

yeah this is the reality. More guns. . .doesn't necessarily equal safety for anyone. I mean even when mass shootings hit areas of places where there are firearms (military bases) you still see pretty high death tolls. Even when cops are involved (i..e NYC street) if its crowded, more people get hit by friendly fire than the bad guy.

I'm sure there is some fantasy somewhere where you jon doe is the hero from a 1 in 40,000,000 event. . .where you stand up and take down that bad guy. In reality you either die, or run like everyone else, or shoot and hit the wrong person. . .all are more likely than stopping someone.

Hell James Holmes was so armored up. . .you shooting at him would of just attracted his fire.

never bring a pistol to a Semi-rifle fight

Old 09-23-2013, 09:27 AM

46,307 posts, read 27,131,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
The person carrying openly can`t possibly be disarmed with the gun ending up in the wrong hands? The open carrier believes he/she is invincible?
Who is stating this? Please provide somthing to back up your statement.

Old 09-23-2013, 09:31 AM

4,738 posts, read 4,437,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post

Atlanta is 17.7 per 100,000

versus London at 1.5 in 100,000

so yeah, I would say that the no gun country still wins, and Atlanta is a hot bed

Old 09-23-2013, 09:36 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,835,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post

There definitely is a gun related problem in Alaska!

Quote:
Alaska is number one in the country for gun-related deaths per 100,000 residents, according to data gathered by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on homicide, suicide and accidents.
Study: Alaska sets record in gun deaths per capita | Alaska Dispatch

Old 09-23-2013, 09:44 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,976,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Lanza,Loughner and a host of others were being polite?
No they were insane PC spawn, which IS the problem. The PC are the problem not the gun. You grabbers just never get it! Are you all totally brain dead? It sure looks that way.

Now IF an armed citizen were armed and had been there we wouldn't be morning the loss of so many other innocent people's lives and your evil spawn would have been shot down like the dogs they were.

ALL if these sick wacko shooters were NOT EQUAL, but just like Obama were passed UP the Ladder of Life so their dainty little "FEELINGS' wouldn't get hurt.

But then they were not properly taught the How To of Pretending in the world of fakery and got mocked out because they were retards and social misfits. These LIES told to them over and over got them 'hurt' anyway and to PAY back the PC they went on shooting spree's which as you see ALWAYS happens in a Gun Free KILLING ZONE!

I carry 2 guns when I am off the property. This summer was OPEN Carry summer for me because of the PC on CD! The other gun was carried concealed so I could still surprise any bad guys.

Now did the open carry gun keep me safer? very few foreigners wet their pants as far as I can tell. No one started any arguments with me about anything.

As of 4:44 Sunday Sept 22nd 13 Fall came and so open carry summer ended. Now i will return to concealed carry, unless the permit fees rises 1 cent. In that case i will drop the paper permit and still carry anyway.

I simply despise the PC. This blood is owned by you PC. You have destroyed this Nation with lies, deceit, no ethics, morals or honor.

Feel free to trade your Freedoms and Liberty as you please, but don't think you can trade mine, or even vote it away, as you can't.

BTW The Traitor known as Harry Reid CAN'T get the votes!

Old 09-23-2013, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
Are you being threatened? Are you so very important? Most people walk around with neither and get through life fine...

If safety was your concern you'd spend your time advocating for locked and responsible gun storage, since that gun that you are dying for the world to see on your hip is more likely to kill someone you love in your own home than a stranger threatening you...
Entirely wrong.

That gun on your hip is one of the least likely things to kill someone.

You're far more likely to be killed by cancer, a car crash, a heart attack, a stroke, or any of a gazillion things, than a licensed gun you own and know how to treat with respect.

Old 09-23-2013, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
There definitely is a gun related problem in Alaska!

Study: Alaska sets record in gun deaths per capita | Alaska Dispatch
So?

Alaska's one of the safest places to be... As far as talking about threats from people is concerned.

Threats from nature? The worst.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies