Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2013, 12:49 PM

3,617 posts, read 1,822,944 times

Advertisements

I only pray sanity and common sense to become mainstream again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2013, 12:51 PM

4,176 posts, read 4,672,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
The owner wanted her center to burn down I'm sure. LOL. Defending insanity causes strange things to be posted that's for sure.
It is because of people like you why we have a legal process in civilized countries.

Old 07-25-2013, 12:51 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,805,597 times
I it was me and I realized I would be fired I would have found a much more satisfying use for the fire extinguisher. Sideways.

The owners of the day care center should fire the manager and rehire the teacher. The teacher was doing her job by protecting the kids from the fire. The manager makes most idiots look like genius.

Old 07-25-2013, 12:52 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,947,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
Exactly - that is what the gubment and state overlords are for - they are there to serve us in all our needs, dangerous or otherwise, citizens doing such acts are a breach to protocol and order and will hereby be punished accordingly for disorderly conduct.
you dont think the paying parents have or deserve a right to say whom cares for their children...?

blame the government that doesnt take much thought. Putting yourself in the shoes of the parents of those children, learning the lady left thier child napping to investigate a fire.

Those are not her children...the facility was not her home.

Her job one, is the safety of those kids...blame whom you wish, the parents and staff did the right, smart, and just thing---they fired her.

You hire her to care for your kids if you like.

Old 07-25-2013, 12:52 PM

3,617 posts, read 1,822,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post
This.

It's speculation, but the owner would probably prefer that she had stayed with the children and safely evacuated them, then called the fire department and let them handle the fire. Daycares are heavily regulated for a reason.

Schools have fire drills that emphasize calm, orderly evacuations. They say nothing about taking it upon yourself (a teacher or anyone else) to extinguish the fire.

Now, I'm not saying the owner is in the right here. But it could be that she has a very good reason for doing this -- though maybe a firing isn't warranted...unless maybe she was looking for a way to get rid of this person. We do NOT have all the facts.

Don't EVER work in an area where you are the one responsible for MY grandchildren. I swear to everything holy that you and your regulation worshiping tail would not like the result if one of them were harmed by your insistence to follow some STUPID regulation.

Old 07-25-2013, 12:53 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,017,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post
It is because of people like you why we have a legal process in civilized countries.
Legal process? Are you campaigning to make it illegal for citizens to put out a fire?

Old 07-25-2013, 12:54 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,017,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
you dont think the paying parents have or deserve a right to say whom cares for their children...?

blame the government that doesnt take much thought. Putting yourself in the shoes of the parents of those children, learning the lady left thier child napping to investigate a fire.

Those are not her children...the facility was not her home.

Her job one, is the safety of those kids...blame whom you wish, the parents and staff did the right, smart, and just thing---they fired her.

You hire her to care for your kids if you like.
Do you smell something burning in the kitchen and grab your kids and just run outta the house??? lol

Old 07-25-2013, 12:56 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Fact, she was fired for leaving the room.
Sort of like how we can say that Bernie Madoff is in prison for depositing checks.

Old 07-25-2013, 12:58 PM

7,814 posts, read 6,395,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV8n View Post
Perhaps the owner should have fired the person who left the nuggets in the oven unattended instead.

The napping tricycle motors were arguably in less danger as a result of their teacher leaving the room to put out the fire.

Yeah I agree. The person who started the fire in a building full of children should be fired over the person who put out the fire in a building full of children.

Old 07-25-2013, 12:59 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,947,399 times
The only thing she had control over was her room and the kids inside...everything else was an unknown to her...after the fact we can sit back and potificate. in real time critical moments, kids are the only priority.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies