Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2013, 05:47 PM

1,579 posts, read 2,341,583 times

Advertisements

Looks like the East Baton Rouge Sherrifs department has been setting up undercover stings in parks to get gay men to agree to go to a hotel room to hook up.

Quote:
the deputy propositioned his target with “some drinks and some fun” back at his place, later inquiring whether the man had any condoms, according to court records. After following the deputy to a nearby apartment, the man was handcuffed and booked into Parish Prison on a single count of attempted crime against nature.
http://theadvocate.com/home/6580728-...rouge-arrested
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2013, 06:12 PM

694 posts, read 745,541 times
That's great. Is homosexuality illegal there?

Charles Sands

Old 07-28-2013, 06:22 PM

3,124 posts, read 4,936,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by things and stuff View Post
Looks like the East Baton Rouge Sherrifs department has been setting up undercover stings in parks to get gay men to agree to go to a hotel room to hook up.

Gays in Baton Rouge arrested under invalid sodomy law | Home | The Advocate — Baton Rouge, LA
While I find casual sex to be lacking in intimacy and possibly damaging to one's self esteem, what these officers are doing is wrong. It is interesting they're only entrapping men and not women (I know lots of girls that engage in sodomy with their male lovers). Clearly, the planners of these "stings" have a need to persecute others based on their "otherness". Law and the US Constitution are just excuses here.

Old 07-28-2013, 06:31 PM

298 posts, read 381,550 times
A couple of gay men need to do this. Get their room, get a video cam out, set it on record with time stamps attached to a lap top while recording, record themselves talking, reading a magazine, anything boring at all, get arrested then sue the absolute beejesus out of Baton Rouge, the state of Louisiana and take it up even higher. You would actually have two lawsuits in one.

I am not gay myself, but I live in the so-called gayest neighborhood in Houston and my favorite uncle is a (his words) "proud flamer". Nothing makes me more sick than homophobia, and I truly believe that many men who bash gays do so because they feel guilty for their own "sinful" sexual feelings.

Old 07-28-2013, 06:37 PM

3,124 posts, read 4,936,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Mister View Post
A couple of gay men need to do this. Get their room, get a video cam out, set it on record with time stamps attached to a lap top while recording, record themselves talking, reading a magazine, anything boring at all, get arrested then sue the absolute beejesus out of Baton Rouge, the state of Louisiana and take it up even higher. You would actually have two lawsuits in one.

I am not gay myself, but I live in the so-called gayest neighborhood in Houston and my favorite uncle is a (his words) "proud flamer". Nothing makes me more sick than homophobia, and I truly believe that many men who bash gays do so because they feel guilty for their own "sinful" sexual feelings.
It's not always based on repressed sexuality. Much of it is based on a need to feel superior to a group or groups of people in order to combat a low self esteem and feelings of inadequacy. Being vocal against homosexuals is based in feelings of sexual or gender inadequacy. A vey deep seated emotional disturbance, which is why they cling to it and get so outrageous.

Old 07-28-2013, 06:37 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times
The DA declined to press charges and the men were using the park for an inappropriate purpose.

Nothing to see here.

Next time those guys should go to a gay bar.

Old 07-28-2013, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
The DA declined to press charges and the men were using the park for an inappropriate purpose.

Nothing to see here.
This is about the police targeting and arresting gays for bogus charges, not the DA. Obviously, the DA couldn't prosecute something that isn't a crime.

Duh.

This is about cops wasting our money and stepping over the line. The EBRSO and many other cops could care less about the constitution or people's rights/ freedoms.

Nothing to see?!

Sure. At least until they come for you or somebody you care about. Keep in mind these government employees have the discretional power to throw virtually ANYONE in jail for trumped up charges.

Old 07-28-2013, 06:51 PM

These cops should get an attractive woman to lure straight men to a hotel room for a BJ.

Boom, we got ya for attempted crime against nature.

(rolls eyes)

Old 07-28-2013, 06:52 PM

1,728 posts, read 1,777,825 times
Que the theme to Deliverence

I think its funny , LMAO

Old 07-28-2013, 06:54 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by things and stuff View Post
This is about the police targeting and arresting gays for bogus charges, not the DA. Obviously, the DA couldn't prosecute something that isn't a crime.

Duh.

This is about cops wasting our money and stepping over the line. The EBRSO and many other cops could care less about the constitution or people's rights/ freedoms.

Nothing to see?!

Sure. At least until they come for you or somebody you care about. Keep in mind these government employees have the discretional power to throw virtually ANYONE in jail for trumped up charges.
They were arranging sexual liaisons in a public park, which is supposed to be a family environment.

There are other places where that can be done, and the law remains on the books.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies