Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: would you vote republican if the removed all the backwards social views?
yes 30 34.48%
no 34 39.08%
meh, if they did away with their redneck social views the party would sees to exist practically overnight 15 17.24%
Barack Obama might be the second coming of Jesus Christ 8 9.20%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2013, 11:59 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,809,014 times

Advertisements

If it wasn't for their freedom hating stances, the GOP would completely implode.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2013, 12:05 AM

16,582 posts, read 8,600,121 times
Absurd and biased poll, with sweeping generalizations without specifics. Not to mention poor grammar to top it off. Needless to say I do not intend to participate.

Old 08-08-2013, 04:21 AM

3,160 posts, read 4,366,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redfish1 View Post
simple question for nonvoters, and those that currently do not vote republican.

If they removed all the religious nonsense from the party would you vote republican.

basically would you support conservative fiscal policies if it didn't come at the price of violating peoples human rights.

the biggest failure of your post is your assumption that democrat voters do so based on the liberal platform and

N O T
B E C A U S E
T H E Y
A R E
R A C I S T
P A R A S I T E S...

democrats are in it for the free stuff not because they share the view of some anti-global warming, save the polkadotted snail darter of South Utah, unwashed UCLA dingaling...

Old 08-08-2013, 05:33 AM

37,801 posts, read 41,008,695 times
That's like asking if we'd vote Democrat if they removed all of their baby murdering, slutty, freedom grabbing views.

Old 08-08-2013, 06:07 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,442,097 times
Quote:

If they removed all the religious nonsense from the party would you vote republican.

basically would you support conservative fiscal policies if it didn't come at the price of violating peoples human rights.
For decades, I voted Republican. My family was Republican for generations, with two of my grandparents holding elective office as Republicans.

Now, none of us votes GOP.

It isn't just the bass-ackawards culture wars they're perpetuating. Their economic view is horribly flawed. Their clamoring for more and bigger middle east wars is simply insane. The strong opposition to science and education is incredibly stupid of them.

No, the GOP has undergone a horrible transformation. One that's damaging to America. I don't vote to support the Democrats. I vote to oppose the current mutation of what was once a viable and reasonable political party. My hope is that eventually, they'll return to sanity. But they're giving absolutely no indication of that.

Old 08-08-2013, 08:19 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,292,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesGTAIV View Post
Your brain is missing a few bits, eh?

You can't possibly comprehend anything beyond our current corrupt automated "narrow the candidates for me because I'm too lazy to look out for my own existence" system that was orchestrated to keep the elite in power.

Your answer:

Throw feces at everything.

This is how you answer my response to your post 3?

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesGTAIV
The two party system is built to rape you. Don't play into it.
Quote:
Originally posted by Jambo101
Youd prefer a one party system? how about a monarchy? Communism? or just plain anarchy?
What system would you prefer James as you seem to not think much of the current system in place ?

Old 08-08-2013, 08:23 AM

89,000 posts, read 44,813,405 times
I would think about it. They would also have to be fiscally responsible and proponents of a smaller, more Constitutionalist federal government. From what I've seen, Republican politicians aren't either of those.

Old 08-08-2013, 08:25 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:

No, they'd have to lose their devotion to increased defense spending year after year and learn the difference between offense and defense.

Old 08-08-2013, 08:40 AM

2,516 posts, read 5,687,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
This is how you answer my response to your post 3?

What system would you prefer James as you seem to not think much of the current system in place ?
A system that didn't pigeonhold candidates to only 2 options. A and B. Everything is not black and white. I'm not republican nor democrat. Because neither side has the list of issues completely correct. I continue to be baffled how everyone can't see this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
That's like asking if we'd vote Democrat if they removed all of their baby murdering, slutty, freedom grabbing views.
I see your brainwashing is complete. LauraC is ready to tell others how to live their lives. Murdering babies, i'd love to know how democrats murder babies. Or how they are slutty and please tell me how republicans aren't p*ssing on the constitution like the democrats and trying to take away our freedoms. I love how republicans claim democrats are trying to steal freedom, while they support their republican nazi's who spend every waking hour tring to legislate and govern a woman's vagina. Let me guess, I just need to be a part of your religion, your corporate slavery, your warmongering leadership that's needs to line it's pockets with money and the world will be a better place right? Society is hopeless because the bulk of the populace is morons. Look no further than the mindless drones who believe in their "party" or champion the bipartisan system. People love controlling others and telling them how to live. It's only freedom if you do what I say and live like you want me to live, right Laura?

Old 08-08-2013, 09:50 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,462,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
What do you mean by 'backwards social views'? Being against allowing gays to marry or being against stealing money from people to give to others?
It's the usual intellectual dishonesty from the left. They frame the terms of the discussion so that their position is the right choice from the beginning. It's the old "when did you stop hitting your wife".

With abortion they warped the discussion so that you either support or oppose women's rights. No discussion of whether or not abortion itself should be a right. They characterize people as opposing the freedom of women, not as opposing abortion. If you oppose Obamacare then you oppose healthcare for poor people. You can't possibly simply have other ideas about how to provide healthcare to the disadvantaged. No, you either support their idea or you want people to "die in the streets". They've even got it so that if you support school choice then you're against education.

And they do this while claiming to be the party of open mindedness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies