Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2013, 08:35 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,284,780 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
I'm opposed to ALL medical preparations, regardless of their medical value, if there any possibility that any person can use them recreationally. Ban them all, period. Time to win the war on drugs, once and for all.
I know you're just trying to stir the pot...cause if drugs were legal there'd be no phony war on drugs. The "war on drugs" will never end...too much money to be made..from cops to lawyers to judges to jailers, to probation officers, councilors etc etc etc....

Old 08-13-2013, 08:41 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,284,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado xxxxx View Post
Wow let's see how long this goes because no one seems persuaded to see the other side's points. What really pisses me off is mandatory mins sentences drug dealers longer that rapists and child molestors no one can argue for that unless you are a total idiot.

And yes I was pleased to see Holder talking about mandatory mins.
I guess you're either for it or you're not...I've yet to see a good "persuasion" that it is harmful in any way, ..and you can bet there's been people trying their darndest to prove that wrong...

Old 08-13-2013, 08:48 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,484,012 times
I am for it, even though I no longer use it. Back when I did use it we would get a good laugh at Nancy Reagan's stupid "Just say not to Drugs" commercials while we were lighting up, 1985?
The only thing it did was raise the price of our dime bags no BS!

Old 08-13-2013, 08:54 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,722,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annuvin View Post
Marijuana has not been tested enough to justify its use as a widespread experimental drug. Here in Canada, the College of Physicians and Surgeons has recently requested that pharmacies should stop supplying the drug due to inadequate testing, unknown side effects from use and questionable medical value. They requested that marijuana be subjected to the same kinds of rigorous testing that other pharmaceuticals are put through before being made available to the general public.
You said nothing based on known facts, it's all lies. Why can't you research the truth? There has never been a proven death as a direct result of use by over 1 billion since our earliest recorded history. It is completely non-toxic. There is over 1,000 lifetimes worth of reading about cannabis on the internet, figuring 15 hours a day of reading only this & not doing anything else. I've read about 10,000 pages on this, have you? Side effects of cannabis are nothing compared to many pills that kill 125,000 yr in US.

The medical value is not in doubt, 124 uses proven rxmarijuana dot com/ That's not "questionable" value. Do you want to drop dead from govt-corp approved drugs? Marijuana is a fake foreign slang name. It was sold in US pharmacies as cannabis until 1937. Cannabis oil can cure cancer and other fatal illnesses, is that bad? See 58 minute video Run From The Cure. Also see Granny Storm Crow's list & Wikipedia, Law Enforcement Against Prohibition sites. You can be knowledgeable if you want to be.

Big Pharma's poisons are tested by a couple thousands for 4 months, or several hundred for 6 months, long term effects unknown. Cannabis would have never become illegal if required tests were the same.
If sources you quoted think MJ should be required to be tested like pills, it would've been legal always.

Cannabis can help people live longer & in better health, why do you oppose that?

Those side effects that you worry about, can you name any of them?

Old 08-13-2013, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
Tobacco doesn't alter your behavior and isn't being used medicinally. I am concerned with something that is mind altering and is being used medicinally that contains thousands of compounds that do who knows what.

We need to identify the medicinal compounds in weed and make those available to those who need it. It may turn out that the ones that are beneficial are not even the ones that make people high with would reduce the risk of using weed. You never know until you actually take the time to identify which compounds do what.
The studies have gone further than you know. Cannabinoids are being studied individually. At least 6 or 7 have been proven to fight cancer. Tobacco offers no such protection. Cannabis does not alter behavior, other than making some crave more cannabis. It makes people calm, less depressed & non-violent better than any drug known. rxmarijuana dot com, Granny Storm Crow's list, Wikipedia, if you want to learn.

Old 08-13-2013, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Tobacco doesn't alter your behavior and isn't being used medicinally. I am concerned with something that is mind altering and is being used medicinally that contains thousands of compounds that do who knows what.

We need to identify the medicinal compounds in weed and make those available to those who need it. It may turn out that the ones that are beneficial are not even the ones that make people high with would reduce the risk of using weed. You never know until you actually take the time to identify which compounds do what.
What does "high" mean to you? Some think high means hy-peractive & not knowing what one is doing & therefore potentially violent. If high just means elevated mood, how could you argue that a depressed state is better? Tobacco murders 200,000-250,000 Americana a year, but you think it's better than pot that kills 0? If so, please explain? Thanks!

P.S. if tobacco withdrawal makes people feel they will die or go crazy if they don't smoke real soon, isn't that mind-altering? Cannabis does not cause permanent harm of any kind.

Old 08-13-2013, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth56 View Post
Cannabis has no drug interaction with other medications. And the drug industry already tried their hand at making it in pill form. It helped a small minority of people and was pretty much a bust. They can not patent cannabis because it is a natural plant, therefore they want to keep it illegal. It's a money thing.

Cannabis does have many natural compounds, but it has never directly caused a death. Can't say the same about pharmaceuticals. They kill people every day and have an abundance of drug interactions.

I, as a cancer patient, would like to choose what I put in my body. I am highly sensitive to pharmaceuticals. Cannabis is safer and has no interactions with my cancer drugs.

Cannabis can cure cancer, but must be in oil form. I hope you can get it somehow. Best wishes.

Old 08-13-2013, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Probably true. I know people that have gotten their permits that are still working, and have little to nothing physically wrong with them. But they don't want to be busted for growing it. I would bet there are more of those, than people that really need it.

Some who use & work say they haven't had a sick day in years, & that cannabis is what gets them through the worst days. Cannabis of course can be for physical or mental pain, or both.

Old 08-13-2013, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Against. I would be for the drug industry identifying the medicinal components and marketing them. There are too many compounds in weed. Too many things to interact with other drugs someone is on.

Cannabis is safe, the drug industry makes the killer drugs. Try to name anything that weed can interact with that can cause death. When combined with alcohol, excessive tiredness can occur. But those who use both find they drink only half as much as they used to, to get the desired effect. So the tiredness is about the same, & livers are spared.

Remember, Big Pharma's products kill 125,000 Americans a year, pot 0. So, trust the killers?

Old 08-13-2013, 10:49 PM

4,792 posts, read 8,190,523 times
[quote=NightBazaar;
In my opinion, the use of MM (or even recreationally) should be done so in a responsible manner. If a patient is under the influence to the point that it impairs their judgement and decides to drive around, they can be subject to arrest for DUI. But that's true with any other medication that can cause drowziness including certain allergy or cold medications.[/QUOTE]
To me this is a real gray area. When a person takes a prescribed medication in the manner it was prescribed they should feel safe/ be safe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies