Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2013, 06:31 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,520,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Well not according to the PC here on CD. On CD I am deemed a racist while there are hispancic and blacks in my family unit...... LOL

I am supposed to feel guilt and be upset.

Trust me I am not.
if you think that blacks only faced 76 years of racism in this country and that all we do is whine, then you might just be a racist.

Old 08-16-2013, 06:36 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,969,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34 View Post
if you think that blacks only faced 76 years of racism in this country and that all we do is whine, then you might just be a racist.
Just do the math.........

There was NO USA before 1789. Slavery was abolished in 1865.

Before that time you would have to blame England, Spain, France, and Germans.

I am discussing slavery where racism is blamed on the USA govt.

Blacks are racist among themselves, and today.

Real African born blacks are not very fond of whiney American blacks.

Don't bother accusing me of being a racist. I am and so is every other person alive on the planet.

You claim you are not, but you can't prove it can you!

Old 08-16-2013, 06:40 PM

Quote:

I thought we (CD) have already established that non black Africans speaking for black Africans was not a reliable source. also, what about all the racism AFTER slavery?

Old 08-16-2013, 06:43 PM

Quote:

Don't bother accusing me of being a racist. I am and so is every other person alive on the planet.

You claim you are not, but you can't prove it can you!
I can prove it. racism is very specific. it is:
1 The belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, esp. so as to distinguish it as superior
2 Prejudice or discrimination directed against someone of a different race based on such a belief.
I may be prejudice at times. biased. but I am not racist.

Old 08-16-2013, 07:20 PM

2,361 posts, read 2,538,277 times
I'm guilty of not reading all 11 pages, so forgive me if someone else has already asked...

Why do white people call themselves "Caucasian," when it's doubtful that their ancestors came from anywhere near the Caucasus?

Old 08-16-2013, 07:30 PM

3,877 posts, read 3,897,668 times
The Hispanics I am around hate to be called ''Spanish People'' They will quicky inform you of the correct terminology.

Old 08-16-2013, 07:31 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,969,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34 View Post
I thought we (CD) have already established that non black Africans speaking for black Africans was not a reliable source. also, what about all the racism AFTER slavery?
I like some of your answers.

Old 08-16-2013, 08:18 PM

733 posts, read 940,227 times
Most of them identify with Spanish colonial culture because neither know much about their people's heritage before that, and they could prefer the European Spanish culture. And also with most of them it can be as simple as that's just the term they grew up with, it's the commonly accepted term they know, I'm part Mexican and I grew up calling myself Hispanic because that's the word my mom always used and everyone responded too.

Old 08-16-2013, 09:01 PM

7,492 posts, read 11,830,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrano View Post
I'm guilty of not reading all 11 pages, so forgive me if someone else has already asked...

Why do white people call themselves "Caucasian," when it's doubtful that their ancestors came from anywhere near the Caucasus?
I think it's probably just the word that was given to them, they had similar features and all.

Old 08-16-2013, 10:02 PM

62,970 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osito View Post
So is continuing to contact me when I've told you not to. In polite society it's called stalking. LEAVE ME ALONE.
Contact you? When and where have I done that? I have never contacted you!!! I merely reply to yours and other's posts in here. If you don't want to read my posts then put me on ignore. It's that simple. Stalking you? What the hell are you talking about? I must have really hit a nerve of truth with you for you to make such false claims about me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies