Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2013, 04:04 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,214,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
do you believe in cher's "son?" I mean, seeing as how we're talking about imaginary beings and all.
Chaz actually exists.

Old 08-17-2013, 04:05 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,411,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigantown View Post
I wonder why Christians can't see that it doesn't make any sense for Jesus to die for our sins.
I'm still trying to figure out why people have the need to worship a God they need to fear.

Old 08-17-2013, 04:06 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,754,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Chaz actually exists.
I asked you if you believed in her "son." not the mutant taking beard pills.

Old 08-17-2013, 04:08 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,824,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigantown View Post
I wonder why Christians can't see that it doesn't make any sense for Jesus to die for our sins.
Jesus was murdered by the state of Rome and did not die for your sins. He would have done better if he could have lived to be an old man and continued teaching. It was not in the death of Christ that we are saved but in the life of this wonderful and brilliant man...Human sacrifice is barbaric and fanciful...nothing was accomplished with the death of Christ- Pagans look at his death no differently than the killing of a goat and offering up the animal to God- It is simply back ward and stupid. Christ never said;;;I have come to die for you so you can live...He came to live so we could live better. Death is ugly and should never be associated with life or the promise of life...Blood sacrifice is primitive and ineffective- If Christ died for our sins there would be no sin or anything sinister in our midst.

Old 08-17-2013, 04:12 PM

5,638 posts, read 6,518,058 times
Are we talking about Him?

Old 08-17-2013, 04:15 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,411,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Jesus was murdered by the state of Rome and did not die for your sins. He would have done better if he could have lived to be an old man and continued teaching. It was not in the death of Christ that we are saved but in the life of this wonderful and brilliant man...Human sacrifice is barbaric and fanciful...nothing was accomplished with the death of Christ- Pagans look at his death no differently than the killing of a goat and offering up the animal to God- It is simply back ward and stupid. Christ never said;;;I have come to die for you so you can live...He came to live so we could live better. Death is ugly and should never be associated with life or the promise of life...Blood sacrifice is primitive and ineffective- If Christ died for our sins there would be no sin or anything sinister in our midst.
Then:
John 10:17-18

King James Version (KJV)

17 Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again.

18 No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.

and many other easily searched biblical quotes are just so much poppycock?

Old 08-17-2013, 04:16 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,212,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Atheists only reject the notion of super being that can read our minds and decide our fate. What do you mean by "reject everything" and "general contempt for anything and everything"? Got some examples?
I don't have any real evidence to support what is simply my opinion. With that said, the highest percentage of people who are atheists, are those who are young. And a much larger percentage of people become more religious as they get older, not less religious. People who are young tend to be much more "resistant" to the status quo.

A very large percentage of people who are atheists, fall into the category of "militant atheists". Who not only don't believe in god, but are constantly on the attack of religion, and the religious.

As people get older, they usually become more accepting of the world, and far less angry. Or at least, that is my opinion.

Old 08-17-2013, 04:18 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,678,403 times
If atheists are truly mentally ill, then it appears the author of this thread is suggesting that it's okay to discriminate against them. This is so typical of today's conservative/Republican. They want to treat atheists like lepers, just like they do with the gay groups at conservative conventions like CPAC.

Old 08-17-2013, 04:23 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,215,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Atheists are like spoiled kids who hold their breath till they get their way. The are so stubborn you could put them in the middle of a forest and ask them where the trees are- and they would say there are no trees...There is no reasoning with them...and most of them chant the same rhetoric over and over again...and few have given anything any deep thought or consideration...They are mentally ill-----------They stand there and say I HAVE FINALLY FOUND THE ANSWER TO IT ALL - THERE IS NO GOD....They really do not know for sure but will stick to their belief no matter what- they crave security- There is no such thing as security when it comes to human existence.
You believe in God and pray for an afterlife, but WE atheists want security?

All we ask is proof of your God, that's all.

It's not our fault that you can't furnish it.

Old 08-17-2013, 04:24 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,489,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
and many other easily searched biblical quotes are just so much poppycock?
To you, perhaps, but one of us may end up being in for a big surprise, or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies