Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2013, 04:15 PM

1,484 posts, read 2,262,664 times

Advertisements

Well, I'm not going to start having a bunch of babies I can't provide or take care of so I *might not* get breast cancer one day. I try not to live in fear of things that might not happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2013, 04:23 PM

176 posts, read 521,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
It is interesting that a culture without birth control and abortions have virtually no breast cancer cases.
Then how does this fit in? [Don't let real facts get in the way of your bias.]

Quote:
Cancer is now the second leading cause of death in Indians after cardiovascular disease. Amongst women cervical cancer is still the most frequently diagnosed cancer but breast cancer is now the most commonly diagnosed cancer in urban Indian women.
Risk Factors for Breast Cancer in India: an INDOX Case-Control Study | INDOX Cancer Research Network
Source: INDOX
Established in 2005 as a partnership between the Institute of Cancer Medicine at the University of Oxford and 6 of India’s leading comprehensive cancer centres, INDOX brought together many of the world’s leading oncologists and scientists in a unique global resource to support the advancement of new anti-cancer therapeutics from the laboratory into the clinic. INDOX has now expanded to include 12 centres, making it India’s largest academic oncology network, and has proved that Indian institutions have the ability to conduct high quality clinical and translational research.

Or this:
Quote:
India is facing a cancer epidemic. By 2020, 70% of the world's cancer cases will be in poor countries, with a fifth in India. Last year, the Indian Council of Medical Research released an analysis of cancer cases among women in Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, and Bangalore from 1982 to 2005, showing that until about 10 years ago, 10 per 100 000 women got breast cancer, compared with 23 per 100 000 now. By 2020, breast cancer is set to overtake cervical cancer as the most common type of cancer among all women in India.
India faces growing breast cancer epidemic : The Lancet
Source: The Lancet
The Lancet publishes a weekly journal and six monthly specialty journals in the fields of global health, diabetes and endocrinology, oncology, neurology, respiratory medicine, and infectious diseases.

Old 08-20-2013, 04:31 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,549,252 times
I hope people know BC is a poison. It has hurt and killed women. Blood clots and such. That is why doctors recommend stopping taking the pill after a certain age.

YAZ has a class action law suit now for women who have been hurt by it. All drugs have side effects. You can't say BC and abortifacients don't. Just a fact.

Old 08-20-2013, 04:33 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,083,975 times
And carrying a pregnancy NEVER has negative side-effects.

How about we list all of the bad things that can happen to a woman from carrying a pregnancy?

Bad things can happen.....so I guess pregnancy should be banned too.

"Better not get pregnant....this, this and THIS could happen to you.....in fact.....you could DIE!"

Old 08-20-2013, 04:47 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,549,252 times
It all does but some are saying abortions don't. That does not follow or add up.

Old 08-20-2013, 04:54 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,083,975 times
Of course it does.

Having an abortion does not put nearly as much stress and strain on the body.

So.....having an abortion is safer for a woman than carrying a pregnancy.....and that is a FACT.

What this all boils down to?

It is up to each individual woman as to what "risks" she wishes to take with HER body.

It is not up to me and it is not up to YOU.

Old 08-20-2013, 04:56 PM

176 posts, read 521,844 times
Bringing this thread back to the OP regarding breast cancer. There have been at least two posts that have provided sourced evidence that knock down the OP's quoted "incorrect" info.

Old 08-20-2013, 05:01 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,352,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
I hope people know BC is a poison. It has hurt and killed women. Blood clots and such. That is why doctors recommend stopping taking the pill after a certain age.

YAZ has a class action law suit now for women who have been hurt by it. All drugs have side effects. You can't say BC and abortifacients don't. Just a fact.
So you're against BC and abortion?

Old 08-20-2013, 06:22 PM

25,869 posts, read 16,582,661 times
Risky sexual behavior gets you AIDS and STD's.

Abortion not only damns your soul but it shortens your life too apparently.

People should really go back to church and reaffirm their faith. And live life the way God meant you to.

Old 08-20-2013, 06:25 PM

16,912 posts, read 10,624,666 times
Long periods of breast feeding and multiple pregnancies reduce the risk of breast cancer. So I suppose multiple abortions and thus fewer children could be linked to breast cancer, but I don't think the abortion itself is the reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies