Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2013, 07:48 PM

10,261 posts, read 21,765,143 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattOTAlex View Post
Opposers like Feinstein and Pelosi are indeed unAmerican.
The argument by assertion. Your thinking is Goebbelsesque; if faced with an argument you can't refute simply reassert yourself with added vehemence while branding your opponent as unpatriotic. You don't like Pelosi's politics so you brand her unAmerican; such branding which seeks to limit political discourse and question the good will of one's political opponents is IMO far more unAmerican than any political position itself. Understand?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattOTAlex View Post
The courts possess a different view? Are you kidding? You might want to brush up on SCOTUS rulings.
Congress and the courts allow many restrictions on gun ownership, therefore the 2nd Amendment as currently interpreted allows such restrictions. Understand? This is a political struggle and it's entirely proper that it take place. What, you expect everyone to agree with your politics?

Old 08-21-2013, 07:55 PM

2,918 posts, read 3,232,865 times
Ted bear: seems most of your comments/insight revolves arounds the Jackson City, Tennessee area. Why don't you keep those opinions of yours down there and stay the hell out of CT's business. Stop phishing for controversy. Newtown, nor the rest of this state needs you or your answers. Bye bye...

Old 08-21-2013, 07:55 PM

1,203 posts, read 1,242,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishtom29 View Post
The argument by assertion. Your thinking is Goebbelsesque; if faced with an argument you can't refute simply reassert yourself with added vehemence while branding your opponent as unpatriotic. You don't like Pelosi's politics so you brand her unAmerican; such branding which seeks to limit political discourse and question the good will of one's political opponents is IMO far more unAmerican than any political position itself. Understand?
Goebbelsesque...? LOL... Now that's rich! Friendly FYI... the use of "Reducto ad Hitlerum" and "Godwin's Law" is quite fallacious.

Indeed, when a person resorts to calling someone else a NAZI, you can pretty much assume they've lost all semblance of credibility.

Old 08-21-2013, 07:56 PM

Sorry, my bad "Johnson City, TN"

Old 08-21-2013, 08:11 PM

And P.S. because of you I will forgo my usual Summer Friday Frapuccino and order it on Saturday instead. Thanks for the tip!

Old 08-21-2013, 08:15 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,609,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
Apparently this Saturday is 'avoid Starbucks Day' because of the lax policy which the coffee store has regarding armed patrons in their stores.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Guns are allowed in preschools/kindergartens now, in some states.
I wish we had a Starbuck's here. I'd be there Saturday with a gun on my hip. I hope that families of all ages will go together. It will be a very safe place.

Mass murders happen where guns are prohibited; no criminal will willing face a small sixteen year old girl who has a gun because the gun is truly an equalizer.

Kids can legally carry in many states, particularly if they're with their parents. Take your armed families to Starbuck's; they'll be very safe.

Old 08-21-2013, 08:21 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,154,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
Mass murders happen where guns are prohibited; no criminal will willing face a small sixteen year old girl who has a gun because the gun is truly an equalizer.
That contradicts the fact that states with fewer gun laws are the most violent (homicides, suicides and assaults).

Old 08-21-2013, 08:21 PM

372 posts, read 599,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalalally View Post
Ted bear: seems most of your comments/insight revolves arounds the Jackson City, Tennessee area. Why don't you keep those opinions of yours down there and stay the hell out of CT's business. Stop phishing for controversy. Newtown, nor the rest of this state needs you or your answers. Bye bye...

Because this is a public forum and so Ted Bear is allowed to post his opinion whether you like it or not. And Lala, there is an edit button on your first post you should use instead of posting 3 times in a row. That's called spamming..

Old 08-21-2013, 08:26 PM

2,007 posts, read 6,833,452 times
I'll be right there at Starbucks and may just order 2 Vente Mocha with a extra shot of Espresso. And of course drink them there. GO STARBUCKS!!!!!!!!!
Oh I also am a member of Gun Owners of America and NRA, thanks for the thread and hope to see everyone there.

Old 08-21-2013, 08:26 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,609,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
That contradicts the fact that states with fewer gun laws are the most violent (homicides, suicides and assaults).
My state has almost no gun laws; we're 49th in violent crime rates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies