Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2013, 07:05 PM

73,115 posts, read 62,763,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bludy-L View Post
Yet when Bill O'Reilly states basically the same thing as Bill Cosby, he's ridiculed by the far left and most Blacks.

Posted with TapaTalk
Because Bill O'Reilly is not speaking out of any kind of concern. He was basically speaking on behalf of FOX and the far-right. Bill Cosby's backing is himself. Bill Cosby is independent, and I can tell that Cosby truly cares. He is actually trying to get people to take some action and responsibility for themselves. O'Reilly, well, all I could see was him venting.

Old 08-24-2013, 07:12 PM

2,040 posts, read 2,462,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Because Bill O'Reilly is not speaking out of any kind of concern.
How utterly ridiculous! He didn't have any need to talk about it at all. He could've just let Blacks murder themselves left and right...the status quo. He opened himself up to ridicule because he does care. And the only ones ridiculing him do so because of their pure ignorance such as.....

Quote:
He was basically speaking on behalf of FOX and the far-right.
Take off the far left blinders!!!!

Quote:
O'Reilly, well, all I could see was him venting.
Nonsense!

I'm sure you didn't even bother listening to him.

You're bias is so ingrained, you don't even know enough to comment on that.

Posted with TapaTalk

Old 08-24-2013, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandorafan5687 View Post
And that really was not my intent gm. I was trying to (perhaps stupidly) encourage people to look at the other side of the equation and see that there are many blacks who are caring individuals. For example, the Australian runner who was killed. For every black person who sees this is revenge, there is a black person who was hurt by this. I guess it was my own wishful thinking to think that I could shine some light.
I don't think alot of people want to look at the other side of this. This is similar to a thread I made last year.

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...-violence.html

I tried to bring a different perspective on black-on-black violence. Alot of people love to talk about how much violence is done by Blacks, but few people speak about the fact that it is Black men who make up the majority of murder victims in this country. There were some who were interested in the topic. There were also some people who attempted to hijack the thread, and use it for the purpose of complaining about Black people.

And I consider it shameful that a student, who came all the way from another country, was murdered by some thugs. That man didn't come here to die. He came because he is a runner, an athlete, someone who wanted to get an education. I was in college at one time in my life. I made friends with some international students. That student could have easily been one of my friends. Murder is murder.

I don't consider your intentions to be wishful thinking. I think what happened was more reflective of what some people already think.

Old 08-24-2013, 09:08 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,341,081 times
[quote=Bludy-L;31115593]How utterly ridiculous! He didn't have any need to talk about it at all. He could've just let Blacks murder themselves left and right...the status quo. He opened himself up to ridicule because he does care. And the only ones ridiculing him do so because of their pure ignorance such as.....

Question? Who is his intended audience? The majority of his viewers are white men and women so how is this helping blacks at all. All that he does is rile up whites who fear blacks and anyone else that does not look like him.

Nonsense!

I'm sure you didn't even bother listening to him.

You're bias is so ingrained, you don't even know enough to comment on that.

Why in the hell would anyone that can think on their own listen to this well reknown liar?
As for listening to him why don't you listen to them yourself:

[SIZE=4]10 biggest lies spewed by Sean Hannity - Salon.com[/SIZE]

Sean Hannity lies to his viewers. Again. (Or he is truly stupid

Better yet I challenge anyone to goggle Hannity lies on You tube and lets see just how honest he really is

Old 08-24-2013, 09:11 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,575,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
A life is only as valuable as the left says it is.

Trayvon Martins death is worth MILLIONS due to the race baiters hysteria and the national coverage that it gets.

A black teen innocently killed on the mean trees of Chicago by another black is worthless, because there is no national hysteria that can be made out of it.

Blacks killing blacks, blacks killing whites, blacks killing Asians don't matter to lefties. It doesn't fit their world view.

Perhaps blacks killing gays?
That would have more to do with what insurance was available. "Lefties' didn't tell the HOA to pay a million dollars; they didn't want to roll the dice with a jury trial. Period.

Old 08-24-2013, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post

Question? Who is his intended audience? The majority of his viewers are white men and women so how is this helping blacks at all. All that he does is rile up whites who fear blacks and anyone else that does not look like him.
Bold font doesn't make you point any better.

What does that prove saying his audience is white? Just more of your own bias evidently.

It doesn't even occur to you that White people actually DO care about Blacks murdering Blacks does it? How sad for you!

Quote:
Why in the hell would anyone that can think on their own listen to this well reknown liar?
As for listening to him why don't you listen to them yourself:

[SIZE=4]10 biggest lies spewed by Sean Hannity - Salon.com[/SIZE]

Sean Hannity lies to his viewers. Again. (Or he is truly stupid

Better yet I challenge anyone to goggle Hannity lies on You tube and lets see just how honest he really is
ROTFLMFAO!!!

We were talking about Bill O'Reilly and Bill Cosby.

What do links to Sean Hannity have to do with this conversation?

By the way.........it was mentioned that Bill Cosby doesn't go on FOX and he speaks from the heart? Well......Bill Cosby appeared on Bill O'Reilly's show to talk about the problems in the Black community. Seems he felt fine doing do.

Posted with TapaTalk

Old 08-24-2013, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Alot of people love to talk about how much violence is done by Blacks, but few people speak about the fact that it is Black men who make up the majority of murder victims in this country.

Ummmm.......those Black men who make up the most murder victims?

The majority were murdered by another Black man.

Isn't that the entire point of this conversation?

Posted with TapaTalk

Old 08-24-2013, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Ummmm.......those Black men who make up the most murder victims?

The majority were murdered by another Black man.

Isn't that the entire point?

Posted with TapaTalk
My point was that I hear far more about Blacks being murderers than I do about them being the victims of murder. I was talking about what I'm hearing on these posts. I'm hearing far more about Blacks committing murder, but very little about Blacks being the victims of murder. That part gets left out alot. My point is that the way this is being discussed, it is like people only care if a Black man is committing murder, not if a Black man is a murder victim.

Old 08-24-2013, 10:25 PM

Quote:
My point was that I hear far more about Blacks being murderers than I do about them being the victims of murder. I was talking about what I'm hearing on these posts. I'm hearing far more about Blacks committing murder, but very little about Blacks being the victims of murder. That part gets left out alot. My point is that the way this is being discussed, it is like people only care if a Black man is committing murder, not if a Black man is a murder victim.
OK...thanks for the clarification.

Personally, my focus has always been on the victims. It's not the murderer to me, it's all about way too many murders! I read the death toll every weekend in Chicago and get depressed. I don't really care what color they are....they were all people (often very young). It's insane!!

Anyone willing to speak about possible solutions should be commended, not ridiculed.

Posted with TapaTalk

Old 08-24-2013, 10:42 PM

Quote:
OK...thanks for the clarification.

Personally, my focus has always been on the victims. It's not the murderer to me, it's all about way too many murders! I read the death toll every weekend in Chicago and get depressed. I don't really care what color they are....they were all people (often very young). It's insane!!

Anyone willing to speak about possible solutions should be commended, not ridiculed.

Posted with TapaTalk
If we are not to care about the color of the victim, we should not care what color the murderer was either. It should work the same way.

My issue is WHY some people discuss violence committed by Blacks. In many cases, it is often a thinly veiled attempt to vent frustration and anger at the Black population. If that is the reason for discussing it, I am not going to want to discuss it with said person. However, if said person truly cares and wants to see better for people, and isn't using this topic as a way to complain about Blacks, then we can have a civilized discussion of solutions to the problem. I want to talk about solutions to the problem. However, what I'm noticing as that many aren't speaking about possible solutions, but rather, just complaining about Blacks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies