Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2013, 03:44 PM

83 posts, read 150,454 times

Advertisements

President Obama is looking to start a war without UN approval. Will the left denounce him as a war-mongering Nazi as they did former President Bush? Or will they be hypocrites and cheerlead their man?

I wish we would stay out of all the Middle East conflicts. Removing Assad will not bring about a secular, peaceful regime. Look no further than Egypt for evidence. This will be more blood and treasure down the ****ter.

Old 08-28-2013, 03:50 PM

3,863 posts, read 6,296,774 times
I think the prez just wants to do a hit and run type of deal with a few missles - hopefully only on the weapons cache sites. Removal of Assad is not on the table, or so they've said.

I've actually heard a few liberals express their disappointment in this whole deal. And I'm shocked, shocked I tell you.

Last edited by sirron; 08-28-2013 at 03:55 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 08-28-2013, 03:54 PM

2,089 posts, read 1,417,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by contiempo View Post
President Obama is looking to start a war without UN approval. Will the left denounce him as a war-mongering Nazi as they did former President Bush? Or will they be hypocrites and cheerlead their man?
Crickets.

Old 08-28-2013, 04:22 PM

2,903 posts, read 3,457,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by contiempo View Post
President Obama is looking to start a war without UN approval. Will the left denounce him as a war-mongering Nazi as they did former President Bush?
The Left and many intelligent centrists (and even some on the Right) knew Bush had faked the evidence on WMD and that Bush was just trying to avenge his daddy. We all know now that that Bush had lied and look at the cost and consequences of that invasion and occupation.

Quote:
Or will they be hypocrites and cheerlead their man?
"Their" man? I thought a president was the president of all citizens. Certainly, when Bush lied his way into Iraq, I viewed him (with great disdain) as "my" president. Where is your sense of loyalty to the nation's institutions? After all Obama was, unlike a certain president at the time, duly elected by the will of the majority of the people.

Quote:
I wish we would stay out of all the Middle East conflicts. Removing Assad will not bring about a secular, peaceful regime. Look no further than Egypt for evidence. This will be more blood and treasure down the ****ter.
I wish we would stay out of it, too. I'm not convinced that it was Assad who unleashed the WMD -- I think it's entirely possible that a radical faction of the rebels could have done it. I think OUR president would be making a HUGE mistake without proof that Assad was the perp, and would be making a reflexive, rather than strategic, move even if it is proved that Assad unleashed the WMD. Any intervention, irrespective of the size or duration or scope, would, in my opinion, be against the best interests of America.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seagrape Grove View Post
Crickets.
Uh, relax, sug, the thread had been up a whole ten minutes before you declared "victory."

Old 08-28-2013, 07:17 PM

8,272 posts, read 8,655,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfieBoy View Post
The Left and many intelligent centrists (and even some on the Right) knew Bush had faked the evidence on WMD and that Bush was just trying to avenge his daddy. We all know now that that Bush had lied and look at the cost and consequences of that invasion and occupation.

"Their" man? I thought a president was the president of all citizens. Certainly, when Bush lied his way into Iraq, I viewed him (with great disdain) as "my" president. Where is your sense of loyalty to the nation's institutions? After all Obama was, unlike a certain president at the time, duly elected by the will of the majority of the people.

I wish we would stay out of it, too. I'm not convinced that it was Assad who unleashed the WMD -- I think it's entirely possible that a radical faction of the rebels could have done it. I think OUR president would be making a HUGE mistake without proof that Assad was the perp, and would be making a reflexive, rather than strategic, move even if it is proved that Assad unleashed the WMD. Any intervention, irrespective of the size or duration or scope, would, in my opinion, be against the best interests of America.

Uh, relax, sug, the thread had been up a whole ten minutes before you declared "victory."
Clinton, Kerry, Pelosi, Mubarak, Putin, and every Al Sabah said Iraq had WMDs. Bush was still a governor at the time. That was what the intelligence said at the time. Idiots forget that and keep saying Bush lied.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies