Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2013, 01:36 PM

15,089 posts, read 8,631,560 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Wow, talk about irrational thought. You think a 10 year old will be a veteran hooker because she has a basic knowledge of where babies come from? I don't think you are ready to know where babies come from.
No, that's not what I said ... apparently reading is as problematic for you as thinking.

I said that we don't need 9 years olds possessing the sexual knowledge of a veteran hooker because you crazies want to replace finger painting with sex education at age 5 & 6. And there are accounts of these sex ed courses progressing to the stage of teaching birth control methods as early as 3rd or 4th grade. This is insanity, but only to the extent that the general population of left wingers can be so easily convinced to buy into this trash ... as for the designers of these programs, it's not insane at all ... it's a deliberate goal to sexualize these children at the earliest age possible.

Old 08-31-2013, 01:40 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,049,136 times
I, being intellectually honest, see a need for this.

I generally want government out of our private lives as much as possible, parents have to understand that this is NOT "sex ed".

It's basically teaching little kids what kind of touching is okay and what kind isn't.

It's basically the same as the anti-smoking campaigns and anti-drug campaigns that were in schools since I was a kid. (I'm 50)

Old 08-31-2013, 01:46 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
I, being intellectually honest, see a need for this.

I generally want government out of our private lives as much as possible, parents have to understand that this is NOT "sex ed".

It's basically teaching little kids what kind of touching is okay and what kind isn't.

It's basically the same as the anti-smoking campaigns and anti-drug campaigns that were in schools since I was a kid. (I'm 50)
You'd be more informed if you read the curriculum.
Any parent can tell their kid that in one sentence the day before school starts.
They have a 10 month curriculum layed out from K-12.

It's not a campaign with posters on the wall. It's a 10 month curriculum with set goals for each grade and part of the common core national curriculum.

Old 08-31-2013, 02:47 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,176,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
This is not about pretending there are not bad people in the world ... this is about a violation of parents rights to deal with such matters as they see appropriate for their children. There is a period of innocence that is important to respect with young children who should not be burdened with matters of a sexual nature at such a young age. And this is particularly true regarding the effort to teach them to fear, confuse or suspect innocent affection that so many adults have for children, to that of an assault by a sexual pervert. The non-sexual physical contact between adults and children are beneficial to healthy development and socialization to which the child benefits greatly ... and instead, we have liberal maniacs who would rather cast aspersions on the intentions of an adult who might give a child an innocent hug, and filling children's heads with fear.

But like everything else that follows a very similar and familiar pattern, the schizophrenic left urges that we must educate the toddlers about pedophiles, while being the only group of nitwits who rush to the defense of the poor misunderstood pedophile, or those who work tirelessly to have the age of consent lowered .. and those who want to decriminalize pedophilia, while trying to explain why pedophiles should be treated with dignity. Many among the liberal lunatics in the field of psychiatry to want to ban the word "pedophile" because it has developed such a negative image ... yes, that's right ... not unlike the drive to relabel illegal aliens as simply "undocumented workers" ... the left wing maniacs that control psychiatry want to eliminate pedophilia as a mental disorder, and even do away with the word "pedophile" because it's too negative and prejudicial ... preferring a much nicer name ... "minor attracted person".

Once again, liberalism demonstrates it's true nature ... a severe mental disorder, identified easily by it's primary symptom ... cluelessness and the total inability to grasp even the most basic elements of right and wrong.
Then the parent opts out of it or send their child to a non public school. See how easy those two options are?

The rest of your post reads like you were listening to conservative talk radio and just repeated everything you just heard.

Old 08-31-2013, 02:51 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,176,592 times
Quote:
No, that's not what I said ... apparently reading is as problematic for you as thinking.

I said that we don't need 9 years olds possessing the sexual knowledge of a veteran hooker because you crazies want to replace finger painting with sex education at age 5 & 6. And there are accounts of these sex ed courses progressing to the stage of teaching birth control methods as early as 3rd or 4th grade. This is insanity, but only to the extent that the general population of left wingers can be so easily convinced to buy into this trash ... as for the designers of these programs, it's not insane at all ... it's a deliberate goal to sexualize these children at the earliest age possible.
Again with another irrational post from you, do you consider yourself a veteran hooker or do you know nothing about sex other than it involves rubbing no no parts together? They aren't teaching children sexual positions, let me know when you wish to speak on this topic rationally because right now this topic sounds too adult for you.

Old 08-31-2013, 03:07 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,323,230 times
Quote:
Why would you? You apparently wouldn't ... and that's precisely the point .. we don't need 9 year olds with the "healthy" sexual knowledge of a 10 year veteran hooker, because the always "well meaning" but extremely misguided nincompoops thought it wise to begin teaching them the facts of life at age 6.
If they're old enough to ask questions, they deserve to hear the truth. I have enough respect for my child to answer honestly and truthfully, rather than fill up his head with bullcrap about storks.

Old 08-31-2013, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
If they're old enough to ask questions, they deserve to hear the truth. I have enough respect for my child to answer honestly and truthfully, rather than fill up his head with bullcrap about storks.
What did you tell them when they were 3 and asked ?
Did you also tell them Santa and the tooth fairy weren't real ?

Just asking because some parents don't believe in ever letting their kids believe that.

Old 08-31-2013, 03:14 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,323,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
What did you tell them when they were 3 and asked ?
Did you also tell them Santa and the tooth fairy weren't real ?

Just asking because some parents don't believe in ever letting their kids believe that.
I told him he came out of my belly. He asked how he got in there. I said daddy put him there. He said "OK" and went back to playing with his trucks. He knew from an early age that Santa was Grandpa and I was the tooth fairy.

Old 08-31-2013, 03:23 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,240,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhemi View Post
That is the parents job plain and simple.
Parents aren't in the classroom or in the school bathrooms or hallways. Many times children are afraid to tell their parents they were groped at school. Especially now that we know "some" teachers grope and rape students, and probably tell the child it's okay when they're raping or groping, don't be afraid, and don't tell anyone. It's this that parents don't know about til it's too late, after it occurred, when it could be prevented by addressing the child as to what is acceptable behavior and what is not.

Old 08-31-2013, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Parents aren't in the classroom or in the school bathrooms or hallways. Many times children are afraid to tell their parents they were groped at school. Especially now that we know "some" teachers grope and rape students, and probably tell the child it's okay when they're raping or groping, don't be afraid, and don't tell anyone. It's this that parents don't know about til it's too late, after it occurred, when it could be prevented by addressing the child as to what is acceptable behavior and what is not.
Children are actually safer today from sexual abuse.
Incidences of sexual abuse of children started declining 20 years ago.

Is Child Sexual Abuse on the Rise?: Scientific American
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies