Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2013, 06:35 PM

15,096 posts, read 8,641,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolia Bloom View Post
Post a link. Unless there isn't one.

Some people
Evidently
Xclude
Information
Specificly to exclude
Facts
Until
Needed.

Are you suggesting that I'm sitting here creating this imagery?

The smarter thing to do would be to watch the video I posted that contains a lot of this stuff .. and watch the 100 other YouTube videos which show many many more hidden suliminals that I haven't even touched upon here.

This information is available at your finger tips .... don't be so intellectually lazy ... it is showing up ... the mind is like a muscle, and needs exercise, or it will atrophy.

Old 09-01-2013, 06:38 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,219,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Are you suggesting that I'm sitting here creating this imagery?

The smarter thing to do would be to watch the video I posted that contains a lot of this stuff .. and watch the 100 other YouTube videos which show many many more hidden suliminals that I haven't even touched upon here.

This information is available at your finger tips .... don't be so intellectually lazy ... it is showing up ... the mind is like a muscle, and needs exercise, or it will atrophy.
People can see "suliminals" in anything. As they say, sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

Old 09-01-2013, 07:05 PM

Quote:
People can see "suliminals" in anything. As they say, sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.
No, most of these subliminals cannot be detected by the conscious mind in real time ... not even when one is carefully looking for them. Many of them take up only a couple of frames of video, or 60 milliseconds, or 1/15 of a second. That's too fast for conscious detection, which requires slow, frame by frame analysis to find them. This is what makes it subliminal .. because they bypass the conscious mind and go directly to the subconscious. which records everything seen, even that which the conscious mind is completely unaware of.

I would further like to add that I had never detected these things myself. But I am at least intelligent enough to recognize them when they are pointed out to me clearly .... why are you having such a hard time doing this?

My advice is, try to be rational, and address some of these examples like an adult, with a modicum of wisdom and rationality, rather than dismiss the whole thing with ridiculous cliches like a "sometimes a cigar is just a cigar". You may think you're being cute ... but such displays have never remotely resembled cute.

Old 09-01-2013, 07:39 PM

545 posts, read 452,074 times
There should be a qualifying interview for the lesson and the lesson itself should be on tape and fully supervised. In fact cameras are cheap classrooms should be all on tape.

Old 09-01-2013, 07:44 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macpherson View Post
There should be a qualifying interview for the lesson and the lesson itself should be on tape and fully supervised.
The teachers have to log 300 minutes in the school year.
That's 30 minutes per month.
I didn't see any lesson plans made available.
Nor was there any information on how students will be tested to demonstrate mastery.

Old 09-01-2013, 07:45 PM

Quote:
No, most of these subliminals cannot be detected by the conscious mind in real time ... not even when one is carefully looking for them. Many of them take up only a couple of frames of video, or 60 milliseconds, or 1/15 of a second. That's too fast for conscious detection, which requires slow, frame by frame analysis to find them. This is what makes it subliminal .. because they bypass the conscious mind and go directly to the subconscious. which records everything seen, even that which the conscious mind is completely unaware of.
REDRUM

I would further like to add that I had never detected these things myself. But I am at least intelligent enough to recognize them when they are pointed out to me clearly .... (They must be very subliminal.)
why are you having such a hard time doing this?

My advice is, try to be rational, and address some of these examples like an adult, with a modicum of wisdom and rationality, rather than dismiss the whole thing with ridiculous cliches like a "sometimes a cigar is just a cigar". You may think you're being cute ... but such displays have never remotely resembled cute.
What is their end game? What purpose does it serve?

Old 09-01-2013, 07:52 PM

Quote:
What is their end game?
Is everything so black and white ... so single dimensional for you? There are likely many agendas rather than just one, and of course, the many who may be involved are probably not aware of the greater picture, but simply their small portion of it, so how could I possibly know the answer or answers to that question, since I'm not a member of the club?

I can speculate? Would you like me to offer you my speculation?

Old 09-01-2013, 07:53 PM

545 posts, read 452,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The teachers have to log 300 minutes in the school year.
That's 30 minutes per month.
I didn't see any lesson plans made available.
Nor was there any information on how students will be tested to demonstrate mastery.
This thing might be a good idea but needs regulation.

Last edited by macpherson; 09-01-2013 at 08:08 PM..

Old 09-01-2013, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Is everything so black and white ... so single dimensional for you? There are likely many agendas rather than just one, and of course, the many who may be involved are probably not aware of the greater picture, but simply their small portion of it, so how could I possibly know the answer or answers to that question, since I'm not a member of the club?

I can speculate? Would you like me to offer you my speculation?
Yes, please share your thoughts! I honestly don't know a single objective that would be served, yet you seem to belief there are myriad evils at play. And that even Walt Disney, a conservative Christian Republican, was part of it.

Old 09-01-2013, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macpherson View Post
This thing might be a good idea but needs regulation.

You cannot "regulate" the spoken words of tens of thousands of teachers nationwide with any hope of success, even if the desire to do so existed, which I contend doesn't.

What clue do you need? We already have heard of the absolutely despicable examples of 3rd and 4th graders being exposed to explicit sexual information ... 5th graders being taught birth control, with some advocating the distribution of God damned condoms to grade school children. So how many tons of bricks must fall on the noggins of you people before a bell rings anyway?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies