Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2013, 06:16 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,248,798 times

Advertisements

IT is quite simple to teach good touch/ bad touch without mentioning sex.
" If someone touches you in places that are covered by your bathing suit tell your mom, dad, or safe adult"

It is also simple to give body parts their proper names without mentioning sex.
To boys "boys have a penis. Your penis is usually covered by your underwear or bathing suit"
To girls "Girls have a vagina, your vagina is usually covered by your underwear or bathing suit."

OMG not one mention of sex. Go figure.

Old 08-31-2013, 06:21 PM

1,214 posts, read 1,700,322 times
Kindergarten is WAY too young. Who the hell honestly believes that this is a good idea? Liberal "progressives"? The same group of people that want to allow so called "transgendered" people into the opposite sex showers and bathrooms at schools? The same group of people that thinks being gay is perfectly normal and that killing unborn babies is natural?

You REALLY want these people teaching 5 year old about sex? LMAO! You guys can rip on social conservatives all you want, the reality is that social liberals are the reason why our culture sucks and has no class. Just look at Miley Cyrus recent incident as an example. This is their fault.

Old 08-31-2013, 06:35 PM

38,149 posts, read 22,262,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
As it should be more than a five minute discussion. It is just insane the people on here who don't want their children to know good and bad touching.
That is up to me to tell my child, not for some teacher to decide want she thinks is appropriate.

You act as if these are not my sons and daughters, and I'm somehow delinquent in teaching my child what is and what is not appropriate touching.

You also seem to think I need the school to decide when my daughter should aught to know about a man's penis, and sexual intercourse.

Maybe what we parents really need are schools that do not have lecherous teachers praying on our young children. Is that why the school thinks it's a good idea, because they feel the need to protect our children from the pedophiles employed on their teaching staff?

Old 08-31-2013, 06:39 PM

38,149 posts, read 22,262,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaPirate355 View Post
Kindergarten is WAY too young. Who the hell honestly believes that this is a good idea? Liberal "progressives"? The same group of people that want to allow so called "transgendered" people into the opposite sex showers and bathrooms at schools? The same group of people that thinks being gay is perfectly normal and that killing unborn babies is natural?

You REALLY want these people teaching 5 year old about sex? LMAO! You guys can rip on social conservatives all you want, the reality is that social liberals are the reason why our culture sucks and has no class. Just look at Miley Cyrus recent incident as an example. This is their fault.
When is it too young to teach this stuff, really?

Come on now, be real, little Sally should learn all about addadicktome operations, hormone treatments for women, and men going under the surgical knife to have their penis removed, and breast implants inserted. Five year old Sally simply needs to learn all of this if she is function as a five year old in today's modern, progressive era.

Old 08-31-2013, 06:52 PM

351 posts, read 694,819 times
There are many ways of teaching sex ed that is age appropriate without having to mention what sex is. There is no teacher that would teach kindergartners how to fit a condom on a banana. They are just talking about good touch bad touch, what to do if something like that were to happen. At this age, kids are curious about their body parts and what they do. So a little anatomy lesson is fine. Again, there's not need to discuss sex in class. There are books discussing body parts and their functions that are appropriate for 5 year olds. Why can't a book like that be read to kids in elementary school? No one is reading the Kama Sutra to a bunch of 5 year olds. I'd rather they find out what is happening to their body than discovering it and thinking they need to be ashamed when they get caught touching themselves or changes are happening they don't understand. That IS natural! Kids should never have to feel embarrassed about anything on or about their body! It's important for kids to know about this stuff...even at the young age of 5 years old.

No one is condoning kids learn about sexual intercourse at 5 years old, but has anyone read the news? There are kids getting pregnant at 8 or 9 years old. It's likely they didn't really know about what was happening to their body at the time and they just went with a feeling or was just experimenting with something they heard about or saw. Somewhat recently, there was news about a kindergarten class where the teacher left the room and a couple of kids had sex in the classroom. Yes...5 year olds doing the nasty! It's also been written about how there has been fewer teenage pregnancies when sex ed has been taught at early ages. If kids know what to do when faced with situations such as peer pressure, date rape, drugs (date-rape drugs), and unprotected sex, they are less likely to get themselves in a situation where they may get an STD or pregnant.

Old 08-31-2013, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
When is it too young to teach this stuff, really?

Come on now, be real, little Sally should learn all about addadicktome operations, hormone treatments for women, and men going under the surgical knife to have their penis removed, and breast implants inserted. Five year old Sally simply needs to learn all of this if she is function as a five year old in today's modern, progressive era.
They probably want to teach her that it's okay to have sex regardless of her age as "it's your body do whatever you want to with it", they'll probably find some bizarre way to justify it. She'll probably also be taught that gender "serves no purpose" and that "it's perfectly normal to pretend to be a boy if you want to, after all it is COMPLETELY natural".

What's scary is that there are some people who actually DO think like that!

Old 08-31-2013, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azile View Post
There are many ways of teaching sex ed that is age appropriate without having to mention what sex is. There is no teacher that would teach kindergartners how to fit a condom on a banana. They are just talking about good touch bad touch, what to do if something like that were to happen. At this age, kids are curious about their body parts and what they do. So a little anatomy lesson is fine. Again, there's not need to discuss sex in class. There are books discussing body parts and their functions that are appropriate for 5 year olds. Why can't a book like that be read to kids in elementary school? No one is reading the Kama Sutra to a bunch of 5 year olds. I'd rather they find out what is happening to their body than discovering it and thinking they need to be ashamed when they get caught touching themselves or changes are happening they don't understand. That IS natural! Kids should never have to feel embarrassed about anything on or about their body! It's important for kids to know about this stuff...even at the young age of 5 years old.

No one is condoning kids learn about sexual intercourse at 5 years old, but has anyone read the news? There are kids getting pregnant at 8 or 9 years old. It's likely they didn't really know about what was happening to their body at the time and they just went with a feeling or was just experimenting with something they heard about or saw. Somewhat recently, there was news about a kindergarten class where the teacher left the room and a couple of kids had sex in the classroom. Yes...5 year olds doing the nasty! It's also been written about how there has been fewer teenage pregnancies when sex ed has been taught at early ages. If kids know what to do when faced with situations such as peer pressure, date rape, drugs (date-rape drugs), and unprotected sex, they are less likely to get themselves in a situation where they may get an STD or pregnant.
Bull.

No Child even has the capacity to even understand such a thing. I had no idea what sex even was at that age. If I did I would probably have mental issues by now.

Old 08-31-2013, 07:03 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,984,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k.smith904 View Post
Why does the right wing have such a problem with education?

Besides, this is OLD.
No, we have a problem with the anti-knowledge liberals push on our kids.

Old 08-31-2013, 07:04 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,248,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
That is up to me to tell my child, not for some teacher to decide want she thinks is appropriate.

You act as if these are not my sons and daughters, and I'm somehow delinquent in teaching my child what is and what is not appropriate touching.

You also seem to think I need the school to decide when my daughter should aught to know about a man's penis, and sexual intercourse.

Maybe what we parents really need are schools that do not have lecherous teachers praying on our young children. Is that why the school thinks it's a good idea, because they feel the need to protect our children from the pedophiles employed on their teaching staff?
Then you can opt out your children.

Old 08-31-2013, 07:07 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,984,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
You do but if the government want to teach sex ed at 5 years old there's nothing you can do about it except send your kid to private school or homeschool.

A good portion of what goes on in K-12 today surrounds liberal political dogma.
I fixed that for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies