Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2013, 09:18 AM

3,728 posts, read 4,873,331 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
The Republicans have been made to look and act as fools during his entire presidency. Their party is falling apart and is soon to be split down the middle. History will NOT remember their backward, backwoods, obstructionist policies kindly.

That, alone, is worth something.
I don't think Obama will be remembered too kindly either.

As a matter of fact, out of the last nine Presidents, only three will be remember somewhat positively. JFK, Reagan, and Clinton. JFK for his charisma, popularity, and assassination. Reagan for his charisma, popularity, and the role he placed in the ending of the Cold War. Clinton for the fact that he was far more competent than his two successors.

I hope both parties get their acts together for 2016, but it will probably end up as Hillary Clinton versus Chris Christie or something equally as horrible.

Old 09-01-2013, 09:21 AM

6,125 posts, read 7,479,590 times
Scumbag, clown Obozo is only superior at destroying America.

Old 09-01-2013, 09:28 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,551,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Carbonni View Post
I don't think Obama will be remembered too kindly either.

As a matter of fact, out of the last nine Presidents, only three will be remember somewhat positively. JFK, Reagan, and Clinton. JFK for his charisma, popularity, and assassination. Reagan for his charisma, popularity, and the role he placed in the ending of the Cold War. Clinton for the fact that he was far more competent than his two successors.

I hope both parties get their acts together for 2016, but it will probably end up as Hillary Clinton versus Chris Christie or something equally as horrible.
As it so happens, I agree with a lot of what you say. Candidates for 2016 will be more of the status quo; no doubt about it.

Old 09-01-2013, 01:37 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,872,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Lots of insults for the OP but a glaring lack of refutation. LOL!
dont need to refute lies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
Why would anybody waste their time trying to refute that garbage? There is absolutely nothing to refute. It's not even substantiated on top of being one huge logical fallacy.
couldnt ahve said it better HH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Please people, look at the facts. Obama would not drag the US into a foreign conflict alone. He has always said, and in fact only done such, in conjunction with International support. UN, NATO, or a coalition with other like minded Nations. In Syria there is no such international cooperation. He knows the Constitution, he knows the Law and if he can put this into the appropriate body, and make the GOP look foolish in the process, more power to him. The Repub operative word for the next few days is "bungling" by the way, trying to imply the Prez doing what the Constitution says he must is wrong, in attempt to persuade their minimally informed followers, he is "bad Obama". Seems to be working on some. Too funny!
bush didnt drag the US into a foreign conflict alone either. in fact he built a larger coalition of forces than obama did in libya. in fact obama lead from behind in libya.

and yes obama supposedly knows the constitution, and the law, and yet he ignores both on a regular basis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
I found a video that sums your positions up perfectly.

Sheep Protest! - FREAKING HILARIOUS!! - YouTube

Quote:
The Republicans have been made to look and act as fools during his entire presidency. Their party is falling apart and is soon to be split down the middle. History will NOT remember their backward, backwoods, obstructionist policies kindly.

That, alone, is worth something.
you might think the party is falling apart, but the reality is that the republican party is going through a transition phase, and trying to work out issues that have plagued them in the recent past. once those things are ironed out, you can bet that the republicans will be back stronger than ever.

Old 09-01-2013, 01:42 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,682,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
Never doubt the beliefs of a Bot.

They're no different from any other cult member: the Manson girls, the Jim Jones followers, the Mussolini and Hitler cults, Pol Pot's followers.

Deprogramming sometimes works, but most of them will actually kill themselves for their messiah.
We should be so lucky.

Old 09-01-2013, 01:58 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,548,114 times
Quote:
As it so happens, I agree with a lot of what you say. Candidates for 2016 will be more of the status quo; no doubt about it.
Candidates for D and R will always be status quo.

The only way to break the cycle is third party.
5% gets them a foot in the door. But most will never do that.

You'll never clean up D or R. We need new blood, a new party.

Old 09-01-2013, 05:21 PM

24,512 posts, read 33,334,972 times
Contrary to the rep someone (anonymous, of course) left me, no, Clinton was not the "best" president of the last 30 years. Change that to the "most corrupt" and it would be accurate!

Old 09-01-2013, 05:23 PM

24,512 posts, read 33,334,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
The OP never returns to defend her post. Another drop and run from the cowardly left.
As usual! He MUST be on Obama's payroll.

Old 09-01-2013, 05:24 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,156,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonker View Post
Great post!
Yep, if ones ability to think is limited to watching Sesame Street..

Old 09-01-2013, 05:33 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,458,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Candidates for D and R will always be status quo.

The only way to break the cycle is third party.
5% gets them a foot in the door. But most will never do that.

You'll never clean up D or R. We need new blood, a new party.

Well i say then BRING IT DAMN ON? i am ready for something new and different. Who would not be.

Blah blah blah, pick one side, and which one is the lesser of the evil, Have my opinion.

The only thing both these two party's will ever agree on, is no third party ever emerges.

We need some new fresh blood, a new party, that can give the current two, a run for their money.

Tell ya this, the way things have been going lately, The D's have a hell of a lot more cleaning up to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies