Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2013, 12:50 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
This is the most idiotic OP ever.

First off, Obama is pushing hard for this war with the full support of the moonbats in Congress (of course). Secondly, somebody needs a history lesson regarding U.S. military action over the last 65 years, which party started what, and why.
Oh good grief, that nonsense again. There have been no wars in recent history that while Dems were in power that the majority of Repubs did not back. I would also remind you that the last Three Wars were under Republican Presidents. Stop attempting to make it look as if only Dems fight wars, that is unless you plan on re-writing History first.

Old 09-04-2013, 12:50 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,664,501 times
Quote:

First off, Obama is pushing hard for this war with the full support of the moonbats in Congress (of course). Secondly, somebody needs a history lesson regarding U.S. military action over the last 65 years, which party started what, and why.
Yes. There's a link to exactly who started the wars in the last 100 years right at the top of the previous page. You should read it. It won't change your agenda but it will show you the truth.

Old 09-04-2013, 12:56 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Republicans!???

You forget all the Democrats flocking to support this clusterfrack? There is Reid gloating about his support in the Senate to the great war-hawk Pelosi to this complete moron - Dem Congresswoman: ‘Only Reason’ I’d Vote to Strike Syria Would Be ‘Loyalty’ to Obama | Mediaite

The drums of war are being beaten to the exact same when tune we hit Iraq, and look how well that turned out...the mid-east in perpetual chaos. Now we are really going to light up the fuse.
My thought exactly: we should have learned by now; and remember when we went into Iraq we thought we had a good reason: Right now, the only country I would imagine us fighting in would be Iran. We can't be the world policemen and women and we can't save the world. Let me add, I am very pro military, almost my entire family has served including my brother and our son. Many of the family are retired, both enlisted and officers. I believe in defending our country, I am a friend of Israel but I also think this is one time we need to stay away. We should have learned something from Iraq.

Old 09-04-2013, 12:59 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
Bush was the stupidest of any of them - that's saying a lot.
At least he didn't first say, I am going to do it on my own, then say well, maybe I need to get support and he didn't attack without the man support of other countries like UK. And you say he was/is dumber than Obama? Sorry, this is one time when Obama is definitely not showing any leadership and is so far over his head he doesn't know where to turn.

Old 09-04-2013, 01:00 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,858,535 times
I heard a lot of democrats are FOR the war... and Obama WANTS the war... and so you focus on the minority Republicans... how very liberal of you...

Old 09-04-2013, 01:03 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
I heard a lot of democrats are FOR the war... and Obama WANTS the war... and so you focus on the minority Republicans... how very liberal of you...
It is not a war, maybe you should find out what is being suggested before posting foolishness.

Old 09-04-2013, 01:04 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,664,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
My thought exactly: we should have learned by now; and remember when we went into Iraq we thought we had a good reason: Right now, the only country I would imagine us fighting in would be Iran. We can't be the world policemen and women and we can't save the world. Let me add, I am very pro military, almost my entire family has served including my brother and our son. Many of the family are retired, both enlisted and officers. I believe in defending our country, I am a friend of Israel but I also think this is one time we need to stay away. We should have learned something from Iraq.
Just honestly curious. Why do you think we should stay away from this one? What is your reason for backing down in front of the world stage? You do realize that our allies, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Lebanon, Jordan and Israel are all counting on us in this matter, don't you? You do realize this is a battle in the war for control of the middle east do you not?

Old 09-04-2013, 01:05 PM

545 posts, read 451,953 times
The world at large has already figured out the best to do at this time under the circumstance, over 90% turn ships back. There is obviously better leverage in future global talks without torpedoing as a remedy at this time. Its just begging confrontation and denies any solid interest in peace at all.

Last edited by macpherson; 09-04-2013 at 01:31 PM..

Old 09-04-2013, 01:10 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,484,310 times
Quote:

Be careful. They may not have started them but they were in office when we entered WW II, the Korean War, the Bay of Pigs, Vietnam vs. Panama, Grenada, Iraq and Afghanistan. Personally, I hope that's the end of it. However, neither side of the aisle has much to crow about.

Old 09-04-2013, 01:16 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,783,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Just honestly curious. Why do you think we should stay away from this one? What is your reason for backing down in front of the world stage? You do realize that our allies, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Lebanon, Jordan and Israel are all counting on us in this matter, don't you? You do realize this is a battle in the war for control of the middle east do you not?
Well, answer this person-with-all-the-answers. Why isn't Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Lebanon, Jordan and Israel willing to get into the fray with military support? Great - lip service support, no military involvement, no risk of lives lost and no expense, because the US has a surplus of military equipment, lives and money that it needs to use up.

Who is looking for control in the middle east - the US???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies