Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2013, 07:52 AM

6,230 posts, read 6,924,987 times

Advertisements

The med is always loaded with naval vessels from all over the world.

Sent from my SPH-D710VMUB using Tapatalk 4
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2013, 07:59 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 28 days ago)

27,647 posts, read 16,138,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Just remember that our "classified information" said Benghazi was due to a video protest and the USG used that for 2 weeks while the rest of the world said otherwise.

We do not have an altruistic government.
If they want to bomb they will do whatever it takes to make it appear justified.

Who has the most to gain from this ?
Saudi who wants Assad out before 2014 because of the Iran-Iraq-Syria pipeline.
Assad snubbed Saudi.
logical deducement leads to an obvious conclusion

Old 09-04-2013, 08:03 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
logical deducement leads to an obvious conclusion
If you read outside of the MSM propaganda sites you learn a lot more about what's really going on over there.

Old 09-04-2013, 08:11 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,680,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
The whole thing makes no sense. Why would Assad use chem warfare just as the UN inspectors were coming in. By the same token, now that everyone from Obama to Kerry to Boehner thinks that Assad did it, why would rebels come out and say that they were actually responsible. Would a rebel really be dumb enough to say that?
I call bull**** on this entire thing.

Why would Assad use poison gas, he is WINING this civil war.

Why would he use gas, when he knows it might bring in the wrath of the UN or NATO or the USA down on his head?

And what the hell tactical military advantage did he derive from gassing a bunch of harmless civilians? Did he halt a massive attack, and turn the tide of war in his favor? Did he prevent an attack that would have brought down his regime?

I do not trust Obama or his administration to tell the American people the truth, he has done nothing but lie to our faces and distort the truth for years now.

Old 09-04-2013, 08:15 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
I call bull**** on this entire thing.

Why would Assad use poison gas, he is WINING this civil war.

Why would he use gas, when he knows it might bring in the wrath of the UN or NATO or the USA down on his head?

And what the hell tactical military advantage did he derive from gassing a bunch of harmless civilians? Did he halt a massive attack, and turn the tide of war in his favor? Did he prevent an attack that would have brought down his regime?

I do not trust Obama or his administration to tell the American people the truth, he has done nothing but lie to our faces and distort the truth for years now.
The Saudi/US backed rebels were losing.
They need US intervention to give them the upper hand.
It worked with Libya but I fear that bombing Syria is going to be a different ballgame.

Congress authorizing 90 days of bombing ?
Really..lobbing 900 missiles on a country is 'sending a message' and not a declaration of war ?

I just fear this new war tactic will one day be used on us.

Old 09-04-2013, 08:18 AM

11,760 posts, read 14,656,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The Russians already knew this.
That is why Putin has 3 subs aimed at our destroyers in the Mediterranean.
Putin don't play that.

First Tomahawk fired and those men and women aboard, will be put to the bottom of the sea.
I see, the Gulf of Tonkin.....

A false flag to get us in there.
Excellent. This is the kind of statement that utterly destroys your credibility.

Old 09-04-2013, 08:21 AM

Here's what I get when I try to go to the Daily Kos diary:

Error!

The error was:
This diary has been deleted.
Hostname: web3.dailykos.com
Time: 2013-09-04T14:21:18

If this message does not make sense to you, please copy and paste the above, along with a description of what you were doing before the error, and submit it to the helpdesk for assistance.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/0...hemical-Attack

Old 09-04-2013, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Not so sure they think he did it, I think there are other motives. A female rebel and rebels father supposedly stated this to a credible ap reporter which does beg the question why? Just what is our evidence at this time? some phone calls?
This overstates the basis for the story. Here's the correction they later added:

Clarification: Dale Gavlak assisted in the research and writing process of this article, but was not on the ground in Syria. Reporter Yahya Ababneh, with whom the report was written in collaboration, was the correspondent on the ground in Ghouta who spoke directly with the rebels, their family members, victims of the chemical weapons attacks and local residents.

Old 09-04-2013, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The rebels were losing ground.
Saudi does not want Assad to keep power (elections in 2014)
Saudi is pissed about the Syria-Iraq-Iran pipeline
Saudi is backing the rebels.
What Saudi wants, Saudi is going to get.
Go read up on Prince Bandar and his dealings.

The rebels have the most to gain from chemical attacks.
And if it is the rebels then the chemical attacks will continue if we don't bomb until we do bomb to give them the advantage to take power

al-Nusra is AQ with money, power, guns and many are defecting the other rebel groups to join them.
Al Nusra is al Qaeda with money and power, yet for some reason you think they would admit that they were responsible for this? Why do you place so much credibility on al Qaeda?

Old 09-04-2013, 08:31 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,944,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
There was nothing to gain from Assad doing what he did unless he wanted the US to attack Syria. Hell who knows. US attacks he sneaks out the back door and it's announced he's been caught and tossed into the ocean and he goes and lives next door to bin laden on his own private island right??
Wasn't the consensus of the CD posters...just a week ago, that Assad didnt fear or respect Obama?

What changed? Why is Assad now so smart as not to rile the President and risk a strike?

I wonder?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies