Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2013, 03:41 PM

2,903 posts, read 3,459,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Our Democratic President wants to bomb Syria and kill Syrians in order to send a message to Assad telling him not to kill Syrians.

The US is going to kill people with bombs to make Assad stop killing people with chemicals.

Yeah..I guess only the "extreme right" thinks like that
Whoa, pal, I'm again any unilateral intervention in Syria. Go pick a fight with those cowboys on the right, like McCain, who want to go in with guns blazing.

Old 09-05-2013, 03:43 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,531,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfieBoy View Post
Whoa, pal, I'm again any unilateral intervention in Syria. Go pick a fight with those cowboys on the right, like McCain, who want to go in with guns blazing.
See, you only pick the right.
What about Pelosi's about face ?

In 2007 it was "over my dead body" regarding getting Congress to approve Iraq.
Now she gave her approval and not one mention of Congress.

The right are always wrong but the left just "evolve" ?

Old 09-05-2013, 03:49 PM

Quote:
See, you only pick the right.
What about Pelosi's about face ?

In 2007 it was "over my dead body" regarding getting Congress to approve Iraq.
Now she gave her approval and not one mention of Congress.

The right are always wrong but the left just "evolve" ?
Putting politics aside, and speaking honestly to each other as American citizens, let me say this: Bush lied about the need for war in Iraq. He did. You know that.

He said there were not only WMDs but that they were going to be used against the US. He said that, and people believed him. He lied. You know that. And he duped a good many people, including many Democrats.

In the case of Syria, I do agree with you -- I think Pelosi is wrong to blindly support President Obama, and I think she is making a huge mistake. Hell, we don't even know whether it was Assad or the rebels that used Sarin, and she's ready to launch attacks that will surely kill civilians and make the matter even more complex and unsettled. Bad, bad move.

Old 09-05-2013, 03:51 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,531,102 times
Quote:
Putting politics aside, and speaking honestly to each other as American citizens, let me say this: Bush lied about the need for war in Iraq. He did. You know that.

He said there were not only WMDs but that they were going to be used against the US. He said that, and people believed him. He lied. You know that. And he duped a good many people, including many Democrats.

In the case of Syria, I do agree with you -- I think Pelosi is wrong to blindly support President Obama, and I think she is making a huge mistake. Hell, we don't even know whether it was Assad or the rebels that used Sarin, and she's ready to launch attacks that will surely kill civilians and make the matter even more complex and unsettled. Bad, bad move.
Then we are on the same page my friend.
I only came back at you because you kept targeting the right.
The left are just as bad.

Old 09-05-2013, 03:54 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,428,613 times
Quote:
That's the war I want to see, the war by American citizens to kill both major parties.

Old 09-05-2013, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Good. I'm really glad we agree. We have to come together, not as leftists or rightists, but as Americans, and stand united against this crazy policy. There are some things that we need to unite on -- this is one of them.

Old 09-05-2013, 04:07 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,550,525 times
We're going to bomb Syria because Obama's ego was bruised when Putin wouldn't give up Snowden.

Hey John, how do you like being Genghis Khan again?

Old 09-05-2013, 04:30 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,428,613 times
Quote:
Good. I'm really glad we agree. We have to come together, not as leftists or rightists, but as Americans, and stand united against this crazy policy. There are some things that we need to unite on -- this is one of them.
I doubt the government's attitude would be any different than it was during the Vietnam Era which was basically "You people ****, WE know what we're doing and aren't going to listen to you."

I sent E-mails to both of my Senators and my Rep more than 2 months ago telling them I would consider a vote for involvement in Syria an indication they weren't interested in reelection, I checked the little box saying a response was required, so far I've only gotten one.

Old 09-05-2013, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I doubt the government's attitude would be any different than it was during the Vietnam Era which was basically "You people ****, WE know what we're doing and aren't going to listen to you."

I sent E-mails to both of my Senators and my Rep more than 2 months ago telling them I would consider a vote for involvement in Syria an indication they weren't interested in reelection, I checked the little box saying a response was required, so far I've only gotten one.
I sense that most Americans are truly leery of getting involved in another Middle East adventure, after getting so badly burning in Iraq. We, as a people, need to be united against unilateral intervention, and I wish, I truly do, that those on the right would stop making this a political issue (i.e. Obama bashing) rather than a national interest issue, and join their fellow moderate and liberal citizens in saying ENOUGH.

There are times when all political stripes need to stand together as one, stand together for what we all know is right, and push back, This is one of those times.

Old 09-05-2013, 04:47 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,894,387 times
I thought when he was appointed it was a mistake because of his past stances. Built he service under a president with the same history as far as supporting such action has he now wants to do. But the he also voted on on debt ceiling being raised and yes t block most Bush proposals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies