Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2013, 02:55 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,119,600 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
in other birther comedy:

birther report is posting today a WND article on how the maricopa county cold case posse has "New Earth-Shattering Developments [that] Will Soon Be Announced".

Team Arpaio At WND: New Earth-Shattering Developments Will Soon Be Announced | Birther Report: Obama Release Your Records

only one problem...... the article is from 2 months ago. no new "earth shattering developments" from the MCCCP yet ( but the article does say they need more money with a link to donate ).
Yesterday a video was briefly released (and then suddenly scrubbed) by the birthers showing Zullo giving a presentation of his "earth shattering evidence" to a US Congressman. It was the first chance we got to see what Zullo was actually saying to his most important audience; the US Congress.

All he ended up being able to say was stupid birther ****. He did not even try to make a single claim that wasn't birther nonsense debunked long before the Posse was ever even put on the case.

As soon as we pointed that out, the video could not have been pulled faster. But too late... the farce was out of the bag.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2013, 02:57 PM

89,513 posts, read 45,181,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I don't think Maskell changed SCOTUS's words materially.
"Physically in" is nowhere near the same as "permanently domiciled in." For example, I can be "physically in" Thailand for 3 weeks while my permanent domicile would still be my U.S. residence listed on my passport.

Likewise, "natural born citizen" and "citizen" are not interchangeable for Constitutional purposes. Congress members can be citizens, but the president has to be a natural born citizen.

If what SCOTUS actually wrote meant what Maskell claims it does, Maskell wouldn't have had to change the words to make his point.

Truth will out.

Old 09-10-2013, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Gray specifically reiterated the question asked of the court when he stated the ruling.
And 23 subsequent courts have used that ruling as precedent to declare Barack Obama a natural born US citizen.

You can't have it both ways IC. Half the time you insist Gray's ruling was correct and we interpret it wrong, and half the time you insist Gray was wrong. Birthers are unique in their ability to be wrong in many different and mutually contradictory ways all at the same time.

Old 09-10-2013, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
It's not facts.
The 14th Amendment isn't a fact?

What Trumbull said, recorded in he Congressional Record, isn't a fact?

Prove that those aren't facts.

Old 09-10-2013, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Looking... looking... NOPE.
I knew you'd give up easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent
The page specifically refers one to another page referencing "who has citizenship" which then directs one to a page that discusses births abroad both before and after the 1981 British Nationality Act took effect:
UK Border Agency | If you were born outside the United Kingdom or a qualifying territory
And all the pages together in concert are an explication of the changes in British Nationality law that took place in 1981.

And again... just FYI... under those 1981 laws Barack Obama does not qualify.

Old 09-10-2013, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Looking... looking... NOPE.
I knew you'd give up easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent
Neither Greisser nor Hausding are mentioned in U.S. v. Wong Kim Ark.
Ana again you demonstrate that you are unclear on the concept.

Old 09-10-2013, 03:00 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,974,903 times
Quote:
"Physically in" is nowhere near the same as "permanently domiciled in." For example, I can be "physically in" Thailand for 3 weeks while my permanent domicile would still be my U.S. residence listed on my passport.

Likewise, "natural born citizen" and "citizen" are not interchangeable for Constitutional purposes. Congress members can be citizens, but the president has to be a natural born citizen.

If what SCOTUS actually wrote meant what Maskell claims it does, Maskell wouldn't have had to change the words to make his point.

Truth will out.
Okay. Please tell us what PERMANENT DOMICILE means to you. Is it signing a lease? Taking out a mortgage? Filling out an address-change form at the post office? How long do you have to live somewhere before you establish that that's where you live?

Old 09-10-2013, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
On the contrary, you've called the use of bolding and underlining to be shrieking.

That's what you have told me when I started following your lead in creative use of font-types on an earlier thread - that I was 'shrieking'.
Sorry, no. Search the thread.

You must be disoriented and confused.

Quote:
That's not truth, that's you picking and choosing those parts of a passage that support your beliefs, while discarding those parts of the exact same passage that undermine your beliefs.
How is it not relevant to quote Trumbull himself stating exactly what the "subject to the jurisdiction" requirement means?

Why are you so afraid to go straight to the source of the requirement on this?

Old 09-10-2013, 03:05 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,974,903 times
Quote:
The 14th Amendment isn't a fact?

What Trumbull said, recorded in he Congressional Record, isn't a fact?

Prove that those aren't facts.
This is what I mean. I suggest that you are guilty of hubris. You say that it's just facts. I respond, "It's not facts," which any second-grader could tell you the "it" that both you and I referenced was to the word "hubris". Then several posts later, you post the above.

I never said that the 14th Amendment didn't happen, or that Trumbull's remarks about the citizenship of American Indians, recorded in the Congressional Record, didn't happen. But you challenge me as if I did say that.

Once again, YOUR hubris is evidenced by your apparent belief that you and you alone are aware of the facts, that your interpretation and only your interpretation is possible, and that you are in fact infallible. That's hubris.

Old 09-10-2013, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Trumbull was very clear:
In context yes.

Ripped pout of context and misrepresented by you?

Not so much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies