Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2013, 08:36 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,424,868 times

Advertisements

Liberals: Can you be objective and concede at the very least Obama is not a good leader?
Conservatives: We shouldn't gloat about Obama being a failure this is not a game. Our country's future is too important for these petty squabbles. Obama maybe a failure but let's maintain our respect for the office and muster some for the man himself.

OBAMA COULD LOSE BIG ON SYRIA IN HOUSE | POLITICO

Old 09-06-2013, 08:39 AM

4,837 posts, read 4,169,103 times
Can most of us agree that Obama is a weak leader?

No.

Thread. Fail. As usual.

Old 09-06-2013, 08:40 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,854,052 times
yes obama is a weak leader, however i am not gloating over that, in fact i am rather disappointed that he is weak. i was disappointed with carter as well. it never ceases to amaze me that he was strong enough to get the office, but if this were the real world and not government, he would have been fired long ago.

Old 09-06-2013, 08:41 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,458,697 times
It is difficult to have any respect for an office that has been populated by three clowns in a row. When the voters can elect Clinton, Bush, and Obama - twice - it is very obvious that American voters do not take the office seriously.

Old 09-06-2013, 08:44 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,296,127 times
I think he's somewhat weak, yes. But it's hard to be a strong leader when you're having to deal with serious economic problems (regardless of whose "fault" they are) and a Congress that seems hell-bent on opposing every single thing you do. This has been the case at various points in the last three presidencies, and I for one am getting mighty sick of it.

Old 09-06-2013, 08:49 AM

16,759 posts, read 8,218,912 times
I see him as a strong leader. He brings issues out to create debate in this country. Too many believe that open debate is bad. The Cons. and Repub. are always crying when he goes outside of DC and talks about his ideas. Their response is to try to limit voting.

More and more he is bringing the Office of Pres. back to where it belongs.

Old 09-06-2013, 08:51 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 29 days ago)

27,651 posts, read 16,142,781 times
felt pretty powerful when they rammed -0-care down our throats, of course that wasnt exactly leadership

Old 09-06-2013, 08:51 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,424,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
I think he's somewhat weak, yes. But it's hard to be a strong leader when you're having to deal with serious economic problems (regardless of whose "fault" they are) and a Congress that seems hell-bent on opposing every single thing you do. This has been the case at various points in the last three presidencies, and I for one am getting mighty sick of it.
This is a fair point and I heard elements ofthis argument on Morning Joe this morning. Some were making the point that being POTUS is tough but isn't that part of the job? What did Obama expect.

I posted last year that my concern about Obama is he seems to lack leadership and a strategic mind. Things aren't always cut and dry. I was specifically concerned that a Putin would run mental gymnastics all over Obama and that appears to be the case now.

Old 09-06-2013, 08:52 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,854,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
rubbish, a strong leader is one that can either bend the will of the other side to his, or compromise with another strong leader enough to get things done. take reagan for instance, there were times he bent the democrats will to his, and there were times he compromised with the democrats to get things done. clinton was the same way, as was bush 41 and bush 43. obama is doing NONE of that. heck obama even had trouble getting his OWN PARTY to agree with what he wanted in his first two years.

Old 09-06-2013, 08:54 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,175,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Liberals: Can you be objective and concede at the very least Obama is not a good leader?
Conservatives: We shouldn't gloat about Obama being a failure this is not a game. Our country's future is too important for these petty squabbles. Obama maybe a failure but let's maintain our respect for the office and muster some for the man himself.

OBAMA COULD LOSE BIG ON SYRIA IN HOUSE | POLITICO

Barack is NOT a leader. There is no leadership in his background. He was a community agitator and back bench state senator who voted "present" over 130 times. Barack is a hustler reminicent of "The Distinguished Gentleman".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies