Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support the gun control measures that NJ has passed?
Yes 24 32.88%
No 49 67.12%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2013, 09:32 AM

108 posts, read 149,573 times

Advertisements

And I don't need a gun to be tough, and if i was to see you in person i would put a pink bow around your neck and make you walk like a dog...florida clown,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2013, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Gentleman View Post
Actually I lived in New Jersey for 64 years and only retired to Florida 2 years ago. "You can't handle the truth" !!!
Everything in my post is the truth....your the one that can't handle it, I just came home from fighting for 4 years in iraq, I have seen the truth. WHAT HAVE YOU SEEN

Old 09-13-2013, 09:46 AM

I fight for this country because I love it, not the people running it...and I don't even like fighting....florida clown you should say thank you and shut the *** up, my friends are dead or going to die trying to sort out this fukin mess....while you sit in florida taking **** , you are just another blind fool.

Old 09-13-2013, 09:51 AM

Your 64 and have done nothing to help our state but move to florida, now finish the move and get off the new jersey forums....everytime I see your name its always you fighting with someone but you never bumb into someone that tells you to go *** yourself....so go *** yourself you smug prick piece of ****

Old 09-13-2013, 10:01 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,705,240 times
Quote:
Hardly.....you assume that because something isn't specifically addressed it must be ok.
exactly. if the language doesnt specifically include wording to require militia membership to keeping and bearing arms; then that requirement does not exist. i think that makes perfect sense.

"The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.[1]"

Old 09-13-2013, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBWick View Post
So if you're a parent & your kid plays at a friend's house who may have a gun (most people don't announce that they have guns), you assume the adults are "responsible" gun owners and your kid won't wind up shot like the poor kid in Toms River.

I know 2 parents in last 15 years where this happened and another i didnt know in my town. In all 3 cases it was teen/tween boys goofing around with unsecured & loaded handguns. Really "responsible" owners.
I'm sorry to hear that story, but gun owners are required to keep firearms locked up, if they didn't and someone got killed as a result they should be in jail. PERIOD....but taking guns away is not the answer, that's silly. And parents need to keep better tabs on their kids, not saying in any of those cases it was the parents fault but people don't watch their kids anymore. When I was a kid my mom would ask the other parents if they owned guns and guess what, if they did I wasn't going anywhere near that house of that was my @ss....my cousin died the same way kinda, my aunt lives in northern cali and a truck driver broke down late at night, she let him sleep in a guest room until morning when he could fix it. Well the driver carried a .22 in case people tried to rob his load, my cousin found it in the morning and was playing while the man was sleeping. He shot my other cousin in the face. My aunt didn't blame the man, she blamed herself for not asking him.

Old 09-13-2013, 10:21 AM

Captain nj, florida clown is a lost cause....and contradicting his own statements ...

Old 09-13-2013, 10:24 AM

3,859 posts, read 9,980,420 times

Old 09-13-2013, 10:25 AM

478 posts, read 700,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
exactly. if the language doesnt specifically include wording to require militia membership to keeping and bearing arms; then that requirement does not exist. i think that makes perfect sense. [1]"
Wrong again....it specifically ties/connects the right to bear arms in association with the existence of a militia.....gun nuts like to "assume" but the reality is that they wrote the Sevond Amendment to clarify....if they had intended that free reign on the notion of any gun for any person they would not have added "well regulated" !!!

Old 09-13-2013, 10:33 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,705,240 times
Quote:
Wrong again....it specifically ties/connects the right to bear arms in association with the existence of a militia.....gun nuts like to "assume" but the reality is that they wrote the Sevond Amendment to clarify....if they had intended that free reign on the notion of any gun for any person they would not have added "well regulated" !!!
you are the one assuming; the language does not state that militia membership is required.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies