Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support the gun control measures that NJ has passed?
Yes 24 32.88%
No 49 67.12%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2013, 10:15 AM

478 posts, read 700,903 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
'military style assault weapon'

meaningless term that makes no distinction between legal guns that opoerate the exact same way as illegal guns. This is a perffect example of prejudice based on ignorance.

Repubs are the working middle class.

How many illegal guns do you think are carried by otherwise 'law abiding' citizens located in the centers of excellence of murder throughout the country?

They are most likely not republican and no survey will ever get any of those folks to admit they carry a firearm for protection.

If the reps don't win another election it will because the media is the Dems/obama's propaganda machine and the criminal use of federal agencies to supress the conservative vote.

"election' is looking more like the equivalent of 'assault weapon' in terms of is ambiguous meaning.
The vast majority of the US population has a pretty good image of what a military style assault weapon looks like in their mind....your the only one who seems lost on this issue ?
Republicans continually snub middle class and low income family's needs to give big business breaks....they thought a Romney represented a good choice for the middle class......what a joke.
How many guns are carried by people in public......too many !
The Democrats don't need propaganda.....the Republicans create their own negative aura with the wacky far right wing NRA nuts like Ted Nugent, Sarah Palin, Cruse, and fanatical religious zealots constantly putting their foot in their mouth with statements that are way out of mainstream America. All the Democrats have to do is sit back and watch the a Republicans self destruct.
Presidential Election is pretty descriptive to most people......perhaps to the easily confused it might sound ambiguous but that's probably the same few people that can't figure out what a military style assault weapon might look like ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2013, 10:40 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,395,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Gentleman View Post
The vast majority of the US population has a pretty good image of what a military style assault weapon looks like in their mind....your the only one who seems lost on this issue ?
Republicans continually snub middle class and low income family's needs to give big business breaks....they thought a Romney represented a good choice for the middle class......what a joke.
How many guns are carried by people in public......too many !
The Democrats don't need propaganda.....the Republicans create their own negative aura with the wacky far right wing NRA nuts like Ted Nugent, Sarah Palin, Cruse, and fanatical religious zealots constantly putting their foot in their mouth with statements that are way out of mainstream America. All the Democrats have to do is sit back and watch the a Republicans self destruct.
Presidential Election is pretty descriptive to most people......perhaps to the easily confused it might sound ambiguous but that's probably the same few people that can't figure out what a military style assault weapon might look like ?
I know your trying but you just can't fix stupid and middle class working people who think that they are part of the Republican team are just as dumb as sports fans who think they are somehow part of their winning team.

When the Repubs and the sports teams start sharing in the winnings then you are a part of the team, other wise you are just a duped voter or a fanatic.

Old 09-30-2013, 12:23 PM

3,984 posts, read 7,078,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerJAX View Post
One of the principles that this country was founded upon is that every individual has natural rights. To argue against private gun ownership(for law-abiding citizens) is basically arguing that an individual doesn't have the right to defend his/her own life. With that said, I never understood the resistance to universal background checks.
I compare Big Gun (NRA) to Big Tobacco. For years Big Tobacco wanted as many ppl smoking as possible. So they targeted ads at teens. I remember Joe Camel and my friends collecting Marlboro miles. Likewise Big Gun works for the gun manufacturers & wants to sell as many as they can. Extensive background checks and limits on types of weapons is bad for business.

Last edited by EBWick; 09-30-2013 at 12:45 PM..

Old 09-30-2013, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
I know your trying but you just can't fix stupid and middle class working people who think that they are part of the Republican team are just as dumb as sports fans who think they are somehow part of their winning team.

When the Repubs and the sports teams start sharing in the winnings then you are a part of the team, other wise you are just a duped voter or a fanatic.
It's laughable that you mention Republicans and team in the same sentence. I've never seen such a misfit group of Bible thumping, elitist, out of touch, racists that continually degrade each other to blow their own horn and can't even agree with each other on anything. Usually you hear there's no "I" in team but in the Republican team it's spelled with all "I"s !!!

Old 10-01-2013, 12:02 AM

1,392 posts, read 2,100,357 times
I'd be OK with common-sense gun control measure like they been proposing after Sandy Hook, but I just do not trust the other side and know that their agenda in this endeavor is to eventually ban guns, so I'm against it now. Unless they stick in a clause that let's pro-gun-rights groups unilaterally repeal the laws or something when some guy in the future starts talkiing about these laws as another "loophole" to be closed, that is, they forget where the laws were BEFORE and that this is a compromise the gun-rights side made, unless something like that, I'm against these gun control proposals, however benign they seem.

Old 10-01-2013, 06:05 AM

3,984 posts, read 7,078,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanuttree View Post
I'd be OK with common-sense gun control measure like they been proposing after Sandy Hook, but I just do not trust the other side and know that their agenda in this endeavor is to eventually ban guns, so I'm against it now. Unless they stick in a clause that let's pro-gun-rights groups unilaterally repeal the laws or something when some guy in the future starts talkiing about these laws as another "loophole" to be closed, that is, they forget where the laws were BEFORE and that this is a compromise the gun-rights side made, unless something like that, I'm against these gun control proposals, however benign they seem.
THEY'RE COMIN FER OUR GUNS!

So what's common sense? Universal background checks? Closing gun show loopholes & banning online sales? Where does this feared slippery slope start?

Old 10-01-2013, 07:01 PM

10,222 posts, read 19,220,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EBWick View Post
So what's common sense? Universal background checks? Closing gun show loopholes & banning online sales? Where does this feared slippery slope start?
With the National Firearms Act of 1934.

Old 10-01-2013, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nybbler View Post
With the National Firearms Act of 1934.
Ah yes.....the common sense legislation that banned machine guns and short barreled shotguns used exclusively by criminals and gangsters to slaughter each other and police. What a shame....every self respecting card holding NRA (Nuts, Racists n A**holes) member wouldn't love to have a couple of those in their "gun collection" or the average citizen to use for home protection or hunting ? On the negative side imagine if common sense had not prevailed and machine guns were available to the public and mass shooters for use in malls and school classrooms today. We wouldn't be talking 20 dead school children at Sandy Hook....we'd be talking about 100s. Just dumb, dumb, dumb !!!

Old 10-04-2013, 05:24 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,745,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Gentleman View Post
Ah yes.....the common sense legislation that banned machine guns and short barreled shotguns used exclusively by criminals and gangsters to slaughter each other and police. What a shame....every self respecting card holding NRA (Nuts, Racists n A**holes) member wouldn't love to have a couple of those in their "gun collection" or the average citizen to use for home protection or hunting ? On the negative side imagine if common sense had not prevailed and machine guns were available to the public and mass shooters for use in malls and school classrooms today. We wouldn't be talking 20 dead school children at Sandy Hook....we'd be talking about 100s. Just dumb, dumb, dumb !!!
So its common sense to limit the freedom of law abiding citizens, by passing laws that criminals will never follow...?

Also Machine guns and short barreled shotguns were not used exclusively by criminals..they are used and owned by law abiding citizens daily without the streets running red with blood.

Yes I want a few from my gun collection, and they are great to use for home protection...

Well when we repeal the ban Hughes Amendment which banned the adding of new machines guns to registry, crime will not go up, liberty will increase

just freedom freedom, freedom, and liberty...

You don't want to own a certain kind of firearm, or any firearms to begin with fine, don't force your views on me..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies