Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2013, 09:54 AM

1,708 posts, read 1,862,916 times

Advertisements

In my job I have pulled lifeless children from car crashes that were caused by drunk drivers that killed whole families. Drunk drivers that are worried about the damage done to their car and not the six people he just killed. I blame the drunk driver not the alcohol or the vehicle he was driving.

I have held babies while the last breath leaves their little bodies killed by a parent that was drunk and beat the child to death. I blame the parent not the alcohol.

I have tried to save a child that was shot by a reckless drunk shooting up a village. I blame the drunk not the alcohol or the firearm.

I have seen a child’s face that has been “blown off” by a firearm. A firearm that was recklessly left out where another child was playing with it and shot his brother. A child that was never taught firearm safety. I blame the person that left the firearm unsecured and loaded not the firearm.

I believe in personal responsibility. I believe in making people responsible for their actions and not blame the inanimate object.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2013, 10:08 AM

2,440 posts, read 3,433,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
Oh No it is, if my life is be threatened I want the best tool to defend myself. Case in point the riots of the 1960s, the after math of Hurricanes Andrew and Katrina, the Rodney King riots, and an uncertain future. Valid reason to own any firearm you wish is found in the 2nd Amendment,
Especially if all those equally paranoid black people own the same or better.

Old 09-19-2013, 01:42 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,905,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
And yet when Aaron Alexis, a severely mentally ill man with a lengthy criminal record wanted to go on a killing rampage, and massacre 13 innocent people eating their breakfast, he did what most every mentally deranged mass-murderer in the United States does. He just walked into a gun store and legally purchased his weapon of choice, and he was able to do that without even the blink of an eye. Because it would be too much of an inconvenience to the Second Amendment rights of gunnuts to have to go through a back ground check, before buying a dangerous weapon.
You've officially lost any and all credibility at this point. The shooter DID go through a background check, as he bought his SHOTGUN at a dealer. Why then, did the background check not pick up on the fact that he had a history of mental delusions??? Blame THAT on YOUR SIDE, as it is YOU SIDE that continues to insist the PRIVACY OF A NUTJOB is more important than the safety of the public at large.

Quote:
An assault weapons ban would keep mass killing weapons out of the hands of mass killers. Which would save lives. A waiting period and a real back ground check would certainly have prevented this tragedy.
A waiting period would have prevented it? Really? He bought his gun two days BEFORE he committed this mass killing, so how would a waiting period have prevented it? How would an "assault weapons" ban have prevented it, when he in fact used a shotgun, which would not fall under the definition of an "assault weapon"? A "real" background check? Well, yeah, that might of worked, but unfortunately, the privacy of a psychopath needs far more protecting than the public at large, so police and mental health professionals are prohibited from reporting that type of info to the background check database. You can thankLiberal Democrats for that.

Old 09-19-2013, 01:44 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,905,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Opinionated View Post
Especially if all those equally paranoid black people own the same or better.
Why shouldn't black people own the same or better? After all, I mean, if anyone should want the right to defend themselves with a gun, I would think a race of people that was enslaved for hundreds of years would be it.

Old 09-19-2013, 08:28 PM

7,138 posts, read 11,037,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
I agree with part of your statement. It's ridiculous to compare firearms with automobiles, since ownership and operation of one is a privilege that has been granted to us by the government while the other is a right that is protected by the 2nd Amendment.
BS misinformation. Without freedom of movement, your Second Amendment would be worthless. You wouldn't even be able to get ammunition for your guns, if you can't move freely on public roads. It is amazing how you people have been brainwashed to believe that everything is a "privilege" granted by the government, except gun ownership. The government is laughing at you. They are letting you play with your little toys, while they are taking all of your other rights away.

"The right of a citizen to travel upon the public highways and to transport his property thereon, by horse-drawn carriage, wagon, or automobile, is not a mere privilege which may be permitted or prohibited at will, but a common right which he has under his right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness." Thompson v.Smith, 154 SE 579, 11 American Jurisprudence, Constitutional Law, section 329, page 1135

U.S. SUPREME COURT SAYS THAT DRIVING IS A RIGHT, NOT A PRIVILEGE

Old 09-19-2013, 08:31 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,791,415 times
Quote:
BS misinformation. Without freedom of movement, your Second Amendment would be worthless. You wouldn't even be able to get ammunition for your guns,
Wow.

It's getting deep, steamy, and smelly again.

Poor little kaaboom should pass out shovels with each new post he makes.

Where on Earth do you GET this tripe you keep handing out?

Old 09-19-2013, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
You've officially lost any and all credibility at this point. The shooter DID go through a background check, as he bought his SHOTGUN at a dealer. Why then, did the background check not pick up on the fact that he had a history of mental delusions??? Blame THAT on YOUR SIDE, as it is YOU SIDE that continues to insist the PRIVACY OF A NUTJOB is more important than the safety of the public at large.
Reading comprehension. Try it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
A waiting period would have prevented it? Really? He bought his gun two days BEFORE he committed this mass killing, so how would a waiting period have prevented it?
DOH! If there had been a three day waiting period, he would not have had a weapon to commit the mass killing. Is that too hard for you to understand?

Old 09-19-2013, 08:44 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,830,564 times
Quote:
Reading comprehension. Try it.

DOH! If there had been a three day waiting period, he would not have had a weapon to commit the mass killing. Is that too hard for you to understand?
What would then happen after 3 days?

Old 09-19-2013, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
Wow.

It's getting deep, steamy, and smelly again.

Poor little kaaboom should pass out shovels with each new post he makes.

Where on Earth do you GET this tripe you keep handing out?
Wow, you sure addressed that point didn't you?

Old 09-19-2013, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
What would then happen after 3 days?
He could have got run over by a bus. He could have had a break down, and ended up in a mental hospital. He could have been arrested. He could have changed his mind. The possibilities are endless, but he would not have had a weapon that day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies