Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2013, 01:37 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,186,389 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
You tell me. If having guns is so important to you, you tell us how you propose to keep them away from three-year-olds.
More responsible parenting. That's all it takes but too hard for some to understand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2013, 01:41 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,712,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
I'm wondering if this was predictable, when will my guns kill someone?
Just like any other gun, when they fall into the hands of the mentally incompetent.

You think you or anyone else can guarantee their healthy mental state for every minute of the rest of their life? Your guns are much more likely to kill you or a family member than an intruder and that has been documented and well known for ages.

Old 09-11-2013, 03:45 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,818,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
Just like any other gun, when they fall into the hands of the mentally incompetent.

You think you or anyone else can guarantee their healthy mental state for every minute of the rest of their life? Your guns are much more likely to kill you or a family member than an intruder and that has been documented and well known for ages.
You mean that study that has been thoroughly debunked?
Kellermann-Gun Ownership as a Risk Factor for Homicide in the Home

Guns are used 2.5 million times a year to protect someone from a threat to life or limb. How many people shoot themselves again? Maybe one night my gun might just jump out of my nightstand and go on a rampage.

I don't have to garunte my mental health, state would have to determin that I am a danger to myself or others, someone does not loose their civil rights without due process. I do not have to prove my a ability to exercise my civil rights any more than you do. Unless you want to bring back IQ tests for voting?

Old 09-11-2013, 04:53 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,957,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malibu Mike3 View Post
Wow ... yet another dumb gun humper who can't keep his gun away from toddlers...
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
And another sexual ignorant comment from a leftist!
It does appear as the left can't get out of their pants, and or keep their minds above the belt eh? maybe we should ban them from having kids by taxing the hell out of that. Say 1 trillion per child born and 6 trillion for any abortion, each.

Old 09-11-2013, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
Tragic accident? This was no accident. It was the predictable outcome of negligent behavior by a negligent gun owner.
Link

Old 09-11-2013, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
I'm wondering if this was predictable, when will my guns kill someone?
My bet is almost never. Maybe once in a life time maybe not.

I haven't had a flat since some tree hugger threw a bottle in the road and it cut my side wall. No big deal I used the jack and wrench I carry and installed a spare. i also carry a gun just in case i get a flat too

Today 'it' went to N Conway and we did business at US Celluar, A local snack bar, and walmart which by the way had a little more ammo on the shelves.. of course i had to pick up my mail at the post office and I carry inside there too. This YS may be a good reason why I do that once some truth of the matter comes out.

The way I see it the PO is wrong to ask, well demand i leave my weapon outside as if it were a bad dog. How the HELL am I supposed to retain control of my weapons if it's outside on a bike or in a car?

These 'Feel Good Laws' as just so much BS. I break these all the time. I refuse to obey this BS.

Old 09-30-2013, 11:28 AM

3,045 posts, read 5,240,175 times
I realize this is old news, but I just found this discussion by a Liberal Activist (John Henry, lowgenius.net). If you prefer a text transcript, that link is here: LowGenius.Net | Ethical Crisis IV: Another Non-Story For Profit

Old 09-30-2013, 11:47 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,238,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
I guess the gun nuts are hell bent on outing their own. Chances are that this child would have had the opportunity to shoot herself at home as well, being that are parents are obviously as dumb as a box of rocks.
I read that story and posted a link to it in another thread about gun nuts.

I have to wonder why the mother or father of the child didn't have the gun locked up somewhere in the camper, like in a valuables lock box or something, or at least have a trigger lock on it? And another question comes to my mind, why were the parents not closely monitoring the child if they knew they had an unsecured loaded weapon in the camper? Normally, a good parent will keep an eye on their children, especially a 3 y.o.. senseless.

Old 09-30-2013, 12:20 PM

29,094 posts, read 25,999,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
I have no idea what you are defending here. The dumb as dirt parents and their right to carry a gun in a National Park?
You haven't yet established that the parents are dumb, let alone "a dumb as dirt".

Keep up the ignorant, intolerant, and hate filled rant though - it is what you liberals are known for, and it will guarantee another conservative victory in 2014.

It is really sick that you use the tragedy of a 3 year olds accidental death for political purposes.

Old 09-30-2013, 12:29 PM

1,214 posts, read 1,695,342 times
Sad. But this is the result of stupid parents not watching their kids, this is not the guns fault, it's just a tool.

Same thing could have happened if a child got hold of a pair of siccors or any other kind of potentially dangerous object.

Once again,more stupidity from the anti gun loons. Why don't you guys ever bother reading about how guns saved lives before?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies