Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2013, 01:05 AM

2,234 posts, read 1,759,438 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
Get back to me on that next year after Democrats are reelected back to those same districts. Again the laws are still on the books. You accomplished nothing, except costing Colorado tax payers a lot of money.
I bet you can NOT post ANY links to polls that say Colorado residents support the laws that are on the books? Also, do you not know that there was a 20-15 Democrat lead in the senate, but now there's only a 18-17 lead? Do you not realize that even though Democrats still have the majority by 1 vote, that they no longer hold the gun control majority? A few Democrat senators are pro gun senators.

I'm daring you to prove me wrong by posting a poll from a reputable source that states that people of Colorado support the gun control measures that were actually passed. Bet you can't...

Too bad that your rant isn't backed up by facts. Even leaders of gun control groups have admitted that the recall put a serious damper in their efforts. Even they're man and women enough to admit that they lost this battle that was apparently important enough for them to spend 3 million on. Why aren't you man enough to admit it?

Still waiting

Old 09-18-2013, 02:26 AM

7,138 posts, read 11,032,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoniDanko View Post
I bet you can NOT post ANY links to polls that say Colorado residents support the laws that are on the books? Also, do you not know that there was a 20-15 Democrat lead in the senate, but now there's only a 18-17 lead? Do you not realize that even though Democrats still have the majority by 1 vote, that they no longer hold the gun control majority? A few Democrat senators are pro gun senators.

I'm daring you to prove me wrong by posting a poll from a reputable source that states that people of Colorado support the gun control measures that were actually passed. Bet you can't...

Too bad that your rant isn't backed up by facts. Even leaders of gun control groups have admitted that the recall put a serious damper in their efforts. Even they're man and women enough to admit that they lost this battle that was apparently important enough for them to spend 3 million on. Why aren't you man enough to admit it?

Still waiting

http://localtvkdvr.files.wordpress.c...-jan-20121.pdf

Old 09-18-2013, 02:32 AM

Quote:
Again... I didn't ask about stricter gun laws. I asked you to show me a poll (just one) where the majority of the people in Colorado supported what was actually passed. Try Again.

Quote:
I'm daring you to prove me wrong by posting a poll from a reputable source that states that people of Colorado support the gun control measures that were actually passed.
Read the question. I'm not interested in whether they supported more gun control or not. I want to know if they supported the bill that the two ousted Senators passed. I already suspect that you looked it up, found out that the majority did not support it, had to save face, so you purposely posted the wrong poll results.

Old 09-18-2013, 11:37 AM

7,138 posts, read 11,032,050 times
Quote:
Again... I didn't ask about stricter gun laws. I asked you to show me a poll (just one) where the majority of the people in Colorado supported what was actually passed. Try Again.
The majority of the people of Colorado wanted stricter gun laws. The Democrats gave them stricter gun laws. If Colorado Democrats are smart, they will stay the course and not be intimidated by the NRA. This recall election accomplished very little. It was nothing but a bullying tactic by the gun lobby.

Old 09-18-2013, 11:41 AM

Quote:
The majority of the people of Colorado wanted stricter gun laws. The Democrats gave them stricter gun laws. If Colorado Democrats are smart, they will stay the course and not be intimidated by the NRA. This recall election accomplished very little. It was nothing but a bullying tactic by the gun lobby.
Again for the 100th time... I didn't ask about stricter gun laws. I asked you to show me a poll (just one) where the majority of the people in Colorado supported what was actually passed. Try another time. I already suspect that you looked it up, found out that the majority did not support it, had to save face, so you purposely posted the wrong poll results.

Next question. Did the gun lobby win a lawsuit that cause the senators to lose their jobs, or were they voted out by the same people that you claim wanted these gun control measures? It sounds like it was more like a bullying tactic by their constituents to me.

Democrats voters in Colorado voted the two Senators out of office, the Coloradoan now has a bipartisan pro gun majority , and they're already working on getting those laws repealed lol...

Why are you ignoring my questions?

Last edited by DoniDanko; 09-18-2013 at 11:50 AM..

Old 09-18-2013, 12:22 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times
Quote:
Again for the 100th time... I didn't ask about stricter gun laws. I asked you to show me a poll (just one) where the majority of the people in Colorado supported what was actually passed. Try another time. I already suspect that you looked it up, found out that the majority did not support it, had to save face, so you purposely posted the wrong poll results.

Next question. Did the gun lobby win a lawsuit that cause the senators to lose their jobs, or were they voted out by the same people that you claim wanted these gun control measures? It sounds like it was more like a bullying tactic by their constituents to me.

Democrats voters in Colorado voted the two Senators out of office, the Coloradoan now has a bipartisan pro gun majority , and they're already working on getting those laws repealed lol...

Why are you ignoring my questions?
Here you go:

"An August 22 poll by Quinnipiac University found that the majority of voters in Colorado approve of the specific pieces of the gun law package -- they expressed support for expanded background checks by an 82 to 16 percent margin and support for the limit on magazine capacity by a 49 to 48 percent margin. While Giron and Morse were defeated, the legislation they support is popular with state voters at large."

What The Colorado Recall Doesn't Prove | Blog | Media Matters for America

Old 09-18-2013, 12:32 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,824,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Here you go:

"An August 22 poll by Quinnipiac University found that the majority of voters in Colorado approve of the specific pieces of the gun law package -- they expressed support for expanded background checks by an 82 to 16 percent margin and support for the limit on magazine capacity by a 49 to 48 percent margin. While Giron and Morse were defeated, the legislation they support is popular with state voters at large."

They seem to be contradicting their own poll

"All voters oppose 54 - 40 percent the stricter new gun control laws which led to the recall effort. Democrats support the stricter laws 78 - 16 percent, while opposition is 89 - 7 percent among Republicans and 56 - 39 percent among independent voters. Women are divided on the stricter laws 48 - 45 percent, with men opposed 64 - 33 percent."

Old 09-18-2013, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Here you go:

lol in that link, they refer to a poll by "Quinnipiac University". In that bais article, its worded very carefully that "majority of voters in Colorado approve of the specific pieces of the gun law package." When you accually go and read the Quinnipiac University findings, they state, and I quote:

Quote:
All voters oppose 54 - 40 percent the stricter new gun control laws which led to the recall effort. Democrats support the stricter laws 78 - 16 percent, while opposition is 89 - 7 percent among Republicans and 56 - 39 percent among independent voters. Women are divided on the stricter laws 48 - 45 percent, with men opposed 64 - 33 percent.
Keep looking...

Old 09-18-2013, 12:37 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,419,987 times
The only poll that matters is the one taken at the ballot box...

Old 09-18-2013, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
They seem to be contradicting their own poll

"All voters oppose 54 - 40 percent the stricter new gun control laws which led to the recall effort. Democrats support the stricter laws 78 - 16 percent, while opposition is 89 - 7 percent among Republicans and 56 - 39 percent among independent voters. Women are divided on the stricter laws 48 - 45 percent, with men opposed 64 - 33 percent."
Yea, you beat me too it...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies