Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2013, 04:25 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,858,215 times

Advertisements

We shall see how it works out in reality ...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-midd...33#TWEET889626

Old 09-14-2013, 05:01 AM

A few details are emerging ....

U.S., Russia agree framework on Syria chemical weapons - CNN.com

Old 09-14-2013, 05:15 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,268,656 times
It's sounds like the Russians have agreed to a lot of what the USA wanted - we will see.
The devil will be in the details AND in the UN Resolution.

Securing Syria’s chemical weapons arsenal would be formidable task, experts say - Washington Post

I've read that only the USA & Russia have the right experts to do this AND that's it's going to take "troops on the ground" to protect those "experts". We've all read the reports of the Civil War, many of these sites are in the worst areas of fighting. There is apparently a push to have Russian and Iranian "experts" find and destroy these weapons - I can't believe the USA would agree to that fairy tale.

Old 09-14-2013, 05:20 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,544,279 times
No one really cares about Syrian arms. It's all for show.

It's Obama's ego vs Putin's ego.

Old 09-14-2013, 05:27 AM

3,102 posts, read 5,618,246 times
This is not a long time, it all the time. The U.S. government will not stop until you replace the Syrian government. They want a puppet that will rob Syria and Syrian people. Let me remind you that all these action against Syria began to Bush in 2001. These action against Syrian President Bashar al-Assad and the Syrian government took place every year from the United States and do not run out.

Old 09-14-2013, 05:29 AM

Of course the fairytailers will come out in force, after all, this is something put together with the Obama Admin and Russians. Per the haters, it couldn't possibly be fruitful....

Old 09-14-2013, 05:30 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,268,656 times
Quote:
U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon is expected to present the report to the Security Council at 11 a.m. ET Monday, three diplomatic sources said. Ban said Friday that he believes it "will be an overwhelming report that chemical weapons were used."
Ban Ki-Moon made some tough statements yesterday about the report that is about to be released -- he has indicated that the report will prove that the Syrian regime fired those chemical weapons. That "proof" might have something to do with Russian compliance on a couple of issues.

These two statements in the CNN article seem odd ...
Quote:
It must submit within one week a comprehensive list of its chemical weapons stockpile, Kerry said. International inspectors must be on the ground no later than November, he said.
AND
Quote:
The convention would become legally binding on Syria 30 days after it formally joins, meaning al-Assad's government would have to permit inspections at that time. Another 30 days after that, Syria would have to declare its chemical weapons stockpiles.
There is a lot of daylight between Kerry's "one week" and the 60 days in the second quote.

It all sounds good, but is likely going to be a Razzle-Dazzle stall. Russia had one thing correct in that letter than Putin did for the NYT ..... if they can't get this right, the UN could fall. The United Nations was formed for just this sort of problem - if they turn the other way because a member of the Security Council blocks all sanctions and actions against a client state that has used WMD. They UN is toast.

Old 09-14-2013, 05:34 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,544,279 times
I'm predicting O will still bomb in the future.

They'll run this little show about Syrian weapons. Then Kerry will throw a tantrum for the press saying Assad isn't living up to the bargain. Then O will make a speech where he pretends to care about Syrian weapons, but will mostly have digs to Putin. Then O will order a couple bombs be dropped. It will be like a 3 year old who has to get the last slap in.

Then Putin will win.

Old 09-14-2013, 05:36 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,782,122 times
I can see this flowing across the teleprompter:

Today, I am pleased to announce, that I was able to get Syria to agree to the demands I made upon them to turn over their chemical weapons. It took a lot of work and effort on my part, but they realized that I was right. I would also like to thank John Kerry for assisting me in this effort, as well as Russia for following my lead in this matter. I will still continue to train and arm......................[teleprompter stops working, has to wing it].........................errr.................ahhh h.............ummmmm.................Al Qaeda in the Syrian civil war.

In the meantime this is what the rebels are doing. The rebels that the US is arming.

The last video - Syria Tube is very, very graphic. Open with extreme caution.

http://www.barenakedislam.com/2013/0...t-of-children/

Last edited by softblueyz; 09-14-2013 at 05:49 AM..

Old 09-14-2013, 05:42 AM

3,102 posts, read 5,618,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
I'm predicting O will still bomb in the future.

They'll run this little show about Syrian weapons. Then Kerry will throw a tantrum for the press saying Assad isn't living up to the bargain. Then O will make a speech where he pretends to care about Syrian weapons, but will mostly have digs to Putin. Then O will order a couple bombs be dropped. It will be like a 3 year old who has to get the last slap in.

Then Putin will win.
you said - Then Putin will win. What is victory? There are no winners when the blood flows of people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies