Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2013, 06:24 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,214,990 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Are you being intentionally obtuse? There were several points of failure with the WNY shooter well before he encountered that guard. For example:
- The failure in pressing charges on the prior incidents including his shooting through his neighbors floor and shooting out the tires of that construction truck
- The failure of the contracting company to retain his CAC when he was let go from his job the previous Friday so he was unable to get back on base
- The failure of the security company contracted to perform his security clearance to properly ascertain his risk level (which his prior arrests and mental health issues would have kept him from getting a clearance if it was done properly)
- The failure of the Navy and his contracting company to follow up on the call made by police to the Navy after they reported his paranoia and 'hearing voices'

Those are just some of the failures that could have stopped this well before it happened. Each and every one of those failures were due to someone either not following through on existing laws or simply being lazy. Let's enforce what we have on the books already is really the takeaway here.
I am leaning towards he is being intentionally obtuse.

Old 09-23-2013, 06:50 AM

46,260 posts, read 27,078,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Yes, we all should be angry that the security guard he gunned down in the beginning of his assault wasn't quicker on the draw, I believe from news stories they said the first person shot was the armed security guard, he should have been practicing his quick draw, oh well, live and learn. We definitely need more good guys with guns who are faster on the draw. We definitely could use more Wild Bill Hickock's, Wyatt Earp's and some of those legendary gunnys.
Quote:
Actually Hitler's henchmen herded Jews to incineration chambers with sticks, they went like sheep.

Quote:
Okay, ya got me there.
Sandy Hook, if those kids and all the teachers would have had guns, a massacre would never have happened.

If the patrons of the movie theater would have been armed with guns, the Colorado massacre would never have happened either.

For the life of me, I don't know why everything and every place isn't secured properly! We need more good guys toting guns to prevent nuts from killing with guns.

I heard the CFD will no longer fight fires in the City of Chicago with water, they're going to bring gasoline to fight fires with, fighting fire with fire-so to speak,

That makes perfect sense from a gun toter's perspective.
Quote:
I just watched a news clip minutes ago, he stated more "good guys" should have had guns. That's what I stated earlier, more guns is what we need.

Security? perhaps all businesses and government installations should have beefed up security, I can see armed security guards at McDonalds and Burger King now, protecting innocent burger eaters from being gunned down by insane burger eaters. but wait, how do we divide innocents from the insane or slightly crazy? oh well, we'll let God sort 'em out, more guns is the answer.

If I have a gun, and you have a gun, I won't shoot you, if you don't shoot me first, that ought to work out just fine.
SO, you have provided a bunch of sarcastic remarks with nothing of what you would do.

So, tell us, what would you do with all these guns and the people that go along with them....

Old 09-23-2013, 08:21 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,815,402 times
WOW....I like most people have already forgotten the Naval yard killings....I guess we are just waiting for the next one to refresh our memories....then the news cycle will cycle through and we will forget the next one that has not happened yet...This is going to become a routine thing. To many guns and to many people on pharma dope that generates suicidal thoughts that extend to the idea of why not take a few people with me situation......It's a mess.

Old 09-23-2013, 10:16 AM

46,260 posts, read 27,078,580 times
Quote:
Nice to see I've embroiled and ticked off people using the forum, that's why I'm here.

Being sarcastic is my nature.

Mr. La Pierre thinks more guns would have solved this particular incident, oh, wait, he said the same thing about Sandy Hook too, oh, my bad.

What would I do with all these guns and the people that go along with them? Get guns for the people who don't have them so they can defend themselves of course (NRA Logic).

Maybe. I knew I'd rile up some gun lovers here.

Liberal!
Nope, nobody is riled up....just want proof of what you say or you are noting more than a leftist who pushes lies....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies