Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2013, 09:29 PM

5,466 posts, read 4,424,993 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
He is already gone.

I thought conservatives had already moved on to their next great black hope anyway. Steele, Cain, West, Love - there are plenty of here today, gone tomorrow black Republicans.

Wasn't there some doctor that was the new right wing hero? Is he no longer the new flavor of the month?
After hearing what Obama promised before he was elected and seeing what he did I doubt people will consider another "great black hope". It's what I hear anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2013, 09:29 PM

4,130 posts, read 4,462,953 times
Of course Allen won't, he's way to nuts to stop being entertaining.

Old 09-18-2013, 09:33 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,605,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
He is already gone.

I thought conservatives had already moved on to their next great black hope anyway. Steele, Cain, West, Love - there are plenty of here today, gone tomorrow black Republicans.

Wasn't there some doctor that was the new right wing hero? Is he no longer the new flavor of the month?

Don't forget their ultimate messiah...Alan Keyes. LOL.

Old 09-18-2013, 10:00 PM

73,048 posts, read 62,657,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
After hearing what Obama promised before he was elected and seeing what he did I doubt people will consider another "great black hope". It's what I hear anyway.
Well, I don't think that way. I'm willing to listen to anyone provided they have a decent plan. If it is a Black man, I will listen. If it is a White man, I will listen. I understand President Obama is only one man. There is no reason to reject every Black man that comes after him. And I don't agree with everything he has been for. At the same time, I'm not out there screaming at the top of my lungs all the anger I've seen from others.

Old 09-18-2013, 10:04 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,213,094 times
Allen who??? Why is he more important than Joe the plumber or Victoria Jackson?

Old 09-18-2013, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Well, I don't think that way. I'm willing to listen to anyone provided they have a decent plan. If it is a Black man, I will listen. If it is a White man, I will listen. I understand President Obama is only one man. There is no reason to reject every Black man that comes after him. And I don't agree with everything he has been for. At the same time, I'm not out there screaming at the top of my lungs all the anger I've seen from others.
There are people who voted for Obama who are thinking it. If a black man is elected and if you dare disagree with him you are called racist, what do you think people who are sick of the blame game and "your racist" are thinking?

Next they are going for the woman factor, disagree and you'll be called sexist. I sure as hell wouldn't want a woman in office who can't do the job.

Old 09-18-2013, 10:12 PM

Quote:
There are people who had no voted for Obama who are thinking it. If a black man is elected and if people disagree they are called racist, what do you think people who are sick of the blame game and "your racist" if you disagree with him are thinking?
Part of me cares what they think. Another part of me says "I don't care. I should care more of what I think". I have come to the sad conclusion that some people don't want a Black man running for office no matter what. And I'm not talking about everyone. I'm talking only of those who think in that way. Some people have admitted this.

Old 09-18-2013, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Part of me cares what they think. Another part of me says "I don't care. I should care more of what I think". I have come to the sad conclusion that some people don't want a Black man running for office no matter what. And I'm not talking about everyone. I'm talking only of those who think in that way. Some people have admitted this.
See, that's exactly what I am talking about. It sounds whiny and people are sick of hearing it. And so what? There are people who wouldn't want a woman in office either. Big deal! I personally could give a damn what other people think but I don't want other politicians persuaded to agree with the president based on fear of being accused of being racist.

Old 09-18-2013, 10:18 PM

Quote:
See, that's exactly what I am talking about. It sounds whiny and people are sick of hearing it. And so what? There are people who wouldn't want a woman in office. Big deal! I personally could give a damn what other people think but I don't want other politicians persuaded to agree with the president based on fear of being accused of being racist.
I normally wouldn't care if no one wanted a Black man in office. If he is there, and some people don't like it, well, their loss. However, one reason I worry is because of this: thoughts can lead to words, which can lead to deeds, sometimes very bad ones. I sometimes have to care because some people might try to take that anger out on me.

Old 09-18-2013, 10:35 PM

Quote:
I normally wouldn't care if no one wanted a Black man in office. If he is there, and some people don't like it, well, their loss. However, one reason I worry is because of this: thoughts can lead to words, which can lead to deeds, sometimes very bad ones. I sometimes have to care because some people might try to take that anger out on me.
When republicans like what a black man or woman has to say democrats attack them. Black republicans are also attacked. What democrats did and still do to black republicans and conservatives is a damn shame.

Well then, so be it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies