Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2013, 07:03 AM

5,576 posts, read 8,003,060 times

Advertisements

I don't think Allen West is ever going to completely go away. Besides, with his praise of Sparta (here and here) he's actually one of the more interesting right-wing figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Those with understanding realize that we are headed towards a new evolution.
A new evolution? Between this evolution and the Democrats "evolving" over gay marriage there's so much evolving going on right now it would make Charles Darwin blush .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
I thought conservatives had already moved on to their next great black hope anyway. Steele, Cain, West, Love - there are plenty of here today, gone tomorrow black Republicans.
As opposed to such steady exemplars of black Democratic leadership like Elijah Cummings, Jim Clyburn, and Sheila Jackson-Lee .

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
The sequester has hurt a lot of folks and why are you not aware of this? Women did not need the Obama administration to tell them to be afraid of right wing extremism.
First off, the sequester has nothing to do with abortion. Secondly, yes, it did hurt the federal civilian employees with those idiotic furloughs, but it had virtually no impact on the economy as a whole or even poor people as a whole, which is what the Democrats told us would happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2013, 07:28 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,136,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricius Maximus View Post
I don't think Allen West is ever going to completely go away. Besides, with his praise of Sparta (here and here) he's actually one of the more interesting right-wing figures.

A new evolution? Between this evolution and the Democrats "evolving" over gay marriage there's so much evolving going on right now it would make Charles Darwin blush .

As opposed to such steady exemplars of black Democratic leadership like Elijah Cummings, Jim Clyburn, and Sheila Jackson-Lee .

First off, the sequester has nothing to do with abortion. Secondly, yes, it did hurt the federal civilian employees with those idiotic furloughs, but it had virtually no impact on the economy as a whole or even poor people as a whole, which is what the Democrats told us would happen.
And who said that it did??? I was responding to two issues that the poster injected into the debate on two seperate posts
The poster that I was replying to will know exactly what I was referring to.

And you are dead on wrong about the sequester...

Sequester Cuts Hurting Our Kids, Elderly
http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/29/opinio...urt/index.html

Sequester cuts hit poor, elderly, cancer patients
http://www.dailyherald.com/article/2...ews/706169941/

Last edited by sickofnyc; 09-19-2013 at 07:39 AM..

Old 09-19-2013, 09:45 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
You guys cant stand blacks are waking up and leaving the poverty plantations.
Allen West is from a poverty plantation?

Anyway, it's more like YOU can't stand the fact that he's irrelevant now. No one cares about that dude anymore. He's done. May as well go work as a Walmart greeter somewhere in Florida.

Old 09-19-2013, 09:48 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,041,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Allen West is from a poverty plantation?

Anyway, it's more like YOU can't stand the fact that he's irrelevant now. No one cares about that dude anymore. He's done. May as well go work as a Walmart greeter somewhere in Florida.
Well you're the one here talking about him and I'm fairly certain he doesn't know your name soooooo.

Old 09-19-2013, 09:53 AM

3,620 posts, read 3,837,946 times
he got voted out by his district. he's just going to become a career politican running from district to district trying to win.

fox jumped on him for a analyst role only because he was a black conservative.

carson would be a much better candidate because he's never been in politics.

Old 09-19-2013, 10:06 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,041,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
fox jumped on him for a analyst role only because he was a black conservative.
How ironic, that's the same reason most of you people hate him.

Old 09-19-2013, 11:07 AM

3,620 posts, read 3,837,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
How ironic, that's the same reason most of you people hate him.
i dont hate him. i dont hate anyone.

west filled a niche. the black go to conservative for fox news.

he's playing his role and doing what he's doing.

Old 09-19-2013, 11:30 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,877,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
After hearing what Obama promised before he was elected and seeing what he did I doubt people will consider another "great black hope". It's what I hear anyway.
No one doubts that's what your buddies on Storm Front are telling you.

Old 09-19-2013, 11:31 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,119,250 times
I don't think that Allen West is going to disappear

..no matter how many of us wish he would.

Old 09-20-2013, 09:50 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Well you're the one here talking about him and I'm fairly certain he doesn't know your name soooooo.
Whatever.

It's over. That's all you need to know. Allen West will never get elected to national office again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies