Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 08:31 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
"I think it's their problem, we have more than enough of our own to solve." quote by Burdell.
IMO having seen what happened in Europe, it can and will happen over here if the USA doesn't watch out. In the area I live I see everyday more women with scarfs, mor man with these religious clothes and beards. So instead of adjusting to the US society I see more what I have seen in Europe and it will increase fast since muslims get a way higer amount of kids than the average American or people in other nations or religions.

And none of this will be solved by fighting battles for Iraqis who won't fight for themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2008, 09:30 PM

132 posts, read 244,848 times
Actually, they ARE fighting for themselves - to free themselves from the yolk of American occupation and oppression.
And they'll win too.

Old 04-08-2008, 05:38 AM

2,314 posts, read 4,799,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auntie Freda View Post
Actually, they ARE fighting for themselves - to free themselves from the yolk of American occupation and oppression.
And they'll win too.
It's wrong America is occupying Iraq - but if they have a problem with it, they should protest peacefully instead of killing troops who simply were performing what they thought posed an imminent threat to our country.

They shouldn't suffer what George Bush and his "fellows" started. I support our troops but oppose the war, and completely disagree that the terrorists in Iraq are "freedom fighters". A terrorist is a terrorist!

Old 04-08-2008, 06:42 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,861,779 times
Why did the administration take efforts to protect themselves around 9/11. ...John ******** was told to take private flights, GW had ground to air missles on the roof of his FL location... not a normal precaution at that time. They knew something was afoot and told us nothing. An attack provided them a reason to attend to the agenda of attacking Iraq. Out of the blue we hear all this info about WMD's the top administration were all singing the same song... They have them and we need to attack for our safety. Dick Cheney had divided the oil fields up in 2000 to various private interests, he just needed a way to bring the plan to fruition.
The two countries that take our support, Saudi Arabia and Pakistan funded and aid the terrorists, yet we take no action against them. There is a 6'5" arab attached to a dialysis machine in the mountains of Pakistan and we can't find him. On at least 2 occaisions we knew where he was and did not get him.
Of course GW recieved financial support directly from the Buin Laden family and I'm sure that has nothing to do with why the family was not interogated and why were they given safe passage out when Americans could not fly?
We are in a war and it is not to "stamp out" terrorism We have been and continue to be lied to. We have sacrificed 4024 people for this ambiguous cause. We protest that we have saved the Iraqis from this horrible villian... in fact 1,197,469 Iraqis have been killed in this effort. ... and we wonder why we arent liked? To put that into perspective The population of the 10'th largest city in America is San Jose at 953,769, The 9'th largest is Dallas at 1,213,825....So in a few years we have caused the eradication of the equivalent of our largest cities.
We are in the wrong place, for the wrong reason. We have made ourselves less safe in the process and now we are looking at reasons to enter Iran. I'd bet the administration will do something like attack and then make us think only John McCain can keep us on a course. If we have nearly 9.5 trillion dollar debt from just Iraq... where is the money for war with Iran?.. How will we look to the Islamic extremists then? How about to the general population of the region?
They are plotting the course now to attack Iran. They want to do it before GW leaves. I heard this am on the radio about Irans nuclear program... information being sent out to make us feel there is a reason for an attack...
We need to be launching a congressional inquiry into the actions of the senior administration. From the war in Iraq to Dick Cheney releasing the name of an undercover CIA agent. I think we can quickly find reasons for jail time and likely charges for treason. Why doesnt Kenneth Star have an issue with this? ( and yes I know he is Dean of Pepperdine) I still don't know why Monica Lewinski has anything to do with White Water or the wasting of $59M.
If we are worried about Islamic extremist I suggest we go after them. Iraq and little to do with that. Should we hold Saudi Arabia and Pakistan to task? Should we focus on Bin Laden? Get our people out of Iraq and focus on what we should. heal the wounds we have created in the Middle East. We will feel the effects of our actions for many years to come. We certainly can not afford to have 4 more years of the previous 8 we have had. We do republicans fear democrats will raise taxes when their leaders create massive debts how do they propose those be taken care of? Clinton was able to take care of Regan and Bushes deficit. Perhaps this Clinton can do the same for this Bushes issue. Either Obama or Clinton has to be better than 4 more years of what we have had.
Why don't Americans want answers? Why do they think these actions by the administration should not be addressed? If it were a democrat they would ahve long been strung up. And people say we have a liberal press....whatever...

Old 04-08-2008, 07:36 AM

132 posts, read 244,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafster View Post
It's wrong America is occupying Iraq - but if they have a problem with it, they should protest peacefully instead of killing troops who simply were performing what they thought posed an imminent threat to our country.

They shouldn't suffer what George Bush and his "fellows" started. I support our troops but oppose the war, and completely disagree that the terrorists in Iraq are "freedom fighters". A terrorist is a terrorist!
SO - if Arab planes bombed the crap out of American cities,
if tens of thousands of American civilians were maimed and killed,
if massive numbers of Arab troops invaded and occupied the US or PART of the USA,
you would merely "protest peacefully" ................ ?

Any MORE than that - and you would be A TERRORIST ?

Old 04-08-2008, 07:57 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,640,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auntie Freda View Post
SO - if Arab planes bombed the crap out of American cities,
if tens of thousands of American civilians were maimed and killed,
if massive numbers of Arab troops invaded and occupied the US or PART of the USA,
you would merely "protest peacefully" ................ ?

Any MORE than that - and you would be A TERRORIST ?
No, what makes them terrorists is when they strap bombs on down syndromed women, and send them out to a pet market to kill other Iraqis.
What makes them a terrorist is kidnapping the Catholic archbishop if Iraq and killing him.
I am not about to defend our presense in Iraq. It was a mistake of monumental proportions. How can you defend the murders undertaken by terrorists?

Old 04-08-2008, 09:05 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
Indeed thw Islamic Terrorists must be stopped but it is not our job to do it. The Islamic population of the world has to clean up their own act lest they be ruled by these insane monsters.

Just as we have to eliminate the war mongers and profiteers from our own society. We have the responsibility to clean up our own act.

Old 04-08-2008, 09:21 AM

1,401 posts, read 3,774,174 times
Quote:
Why don't Americans want answers? Why do they think these actions by the administration should not be addressed?
Oh there are Americans who DO want answers. To a lot of things. Over the past 60 years, there have been more issues, that American's have demanded answers to than we can possibly count. Some of them could include:

1. The assassination of JFK, RFK and MLK. WHY??

2. Viet Nam. WHY???

3. 9/11. A whole hell of a lot of WHY on that one.

4. Iraq war. Again, a whole hell of a lot of WHY.

I could go on, but any time that anyone has spoken up and started making noise about the issues, the answer from 'on high' is always the same: 'National Security'. And when they protest and voice their opinions, they are arrested, gagged, maybe worse. But the information and answers we want, we are ENTITLED to, why? Because WE PAY FOR IT with our TAXES. We are the ones who elected them, and they should work for US, and be held accountable! Until we all stand up and say ENOUGH!!! We pay our tax so you fat cats can have your high life, now EARN YOUR KEEP and GIVE US ANSWERS!

We lose more and more of our rights every day. The current administration has seen fit to do that more than just about any other of the current era.

We as a nation, constantly say we are fed up, ticked off, and think the ones at fault should be brought to justice, and prosecuted. So what will it take?

I personally think that if each and every working American claimed exemption from federal income tax, and they started getting less and less from us, they'd be forced to LISTEN. Money talks, especially when it comes to the fat cats in power. That's the only real language they DO understand. I'll go one better, every corporation should stop paying too. I mean shut off every last dime to the government. Think that would get their attention? Maybe, maybe not. One thing's for sure though, they don't have the resources to arrest everyone for tax evasion.

Get em where they really live: in the wallet. Its the only lingo they speak well.

Old 04-08-2008, 11:17 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
Do you really believe the citizens of the United States exist to do anything but pay taxes to support the powerful, the privleged and the war profiteers?

Old 04-08-2008, 11:34 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Do you really believe the citizens of the United States exist to do anything but pay taxes to support the powerful, the privleged and the war profiteers?
No, the powerful and the privileged will always pave the path we walk.
We are but pawns in this game to keep the wheels moving.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies