Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2013, 11:03 AM

4,112 posts, read 4,476,095 times

Advertisements

I do believe there is a huge difference between Attacking a country (Syria) and blowing up terrorists with the under the table approval from the governing body in a Country ("Drone Wars")
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2013, 11:13 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,131,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
I do believe there is a huge difference between Attacking a country (Syria) and blowing up terrorists with the under the table approval from the governing body in a Country ("Drone Wars")
Ahhh...ok. So this perceived "under the table approval" gives you all the proof you need to thumbs up Barack's Drone Wars? Chemical weapons used by a dictator is nothing of much importance, but the idea that a terrorist group having chemical weapons gives you the comfort to support Barack in the Drone Wars?

What a freaking cop out if I've ever heard one! ANYTHING to protect this President.

Old 09-24-2013, 11:21 AM

Shikha Dalmia: Will liberals hold Obama accountable for civil liberties violations? | WashingtonExaminer.com

Old 09-24-2013, 11:22 AM

Counting the casualties of Barack Obama's drone wars - POLITICO.com

Old 09-24-2013, 11:23 AM

Liberals stay quiet on silent drone war - theday.com Mobile Edition

Old 09-24-2013, 12:05 PM

45,231 posts, read 26,457,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
No but sounds like you are suggesting we let them be to kill women and children over there.
im okay with what they do has nothing to do with what we do.

Sounds like you are okay with obama killing women and children over there.

Old 09-24-2013, 12:13 PM

5,252 posts, read 4,678,784 times
Again, the speculation that "liburrals" and "cons" are two distinctive groups of idiots that love to argue on the web gains ground as the proof manifests itself here on CD. I'm a liberal I guess, I didn't vote Republican, I didn't love GWB, and I voted for Obama in 08. So, do I think Obama has done a lot for America? No I don't, same for GWB, or the decades long parade of lackeys that have passed through the White House.

I'm now left wondering how much longer America will continue this to and fro over party politics, the fact is that both parties are now so corporatized, so beholden to those who control the nations wealth that we'll never see much benefit from the two parties work or lack of it in D.C. This latest round of nonsense in Syria speaks to the fact that OUR problems here at home have been derailed by a phony set-up in the middle east, pumped by media and carried like a torch by the party faithful in order to deflect the obvious lack of concern by both parties about our domestic economic debacle.

Whether you consider yourself a liberal or a conservative has little bearing on the fact that Syria is just another piece of the puzzle in the American hegemonic scheme that is fully supported by both parties. Syria is in the middle east, so it will need to be dealt with, just as all of the nation states of that region will be asked to support American policies or face the prospect of military action carried out on their soil. Gas attacks aside, this kind of political theatre will continue in some form, drones, CIA hit squads, direct boots on the ground activity, and anything else that is required to facilitate the taming of the region in preparedness for resource extraction. Quite simple really, it's about money.

Old 09-24-2013, 12:26 PM

4 posts, read 2,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
So now we blame GWB for Obama's foreign policy? Is that where you're going with this? That GWB used drones occasionally, so Obama is free and clear from the liberal standpoint?

Liberals don't see anything wrong with Obama blaming GWB for all that was and is wrong with the US. Obama played "victim" when he first got into office whining about having to get US out of the mess George Bush "created" ....BS... Obama's official campaign was a crock and now we are stuck with a sitting duck that asks Soviet Russia for advice.

Old 09-24-2013, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosanna2020 View Post
Liberals don't see anything wrong with Obama blaming GWB for all that was and is wrong with the US. Obama played "victim" when he first got into office whining about having to get US out of the mess George Bush "created" ....BS... Obama's official campaign was a crock and now we are stuck with a sitting duck that asks Soviet Russia for advice.
That's right! You nailed it!

Welcome to the forum!

Old 09-24-2013, 12:58 PM

4 posts, read 2,451 times
Thanks for welcoming me here, AeroGuyDC! I feel right at home..haha
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies