Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2013, 06:38 PM

3,401 posts, read 2,284,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
The evidence is there. The earth heats periodically and cools periodically. Fact and evidence.

Medieval warming period, fact. Volcanos caused famine and cooling. Fact. The earth recovered. Fact.

It hasn't warmed in over 15 years. Fact.

All LSD talking points fail since all you have is theory and I have stated fact.
It's so strange that you keep trying to convince me that you know anything about this matter after embarrassing yourself so badly.

Old 09-25-2013, 06:39 PM

4,131 posts, read 7,442,101 times
Quote:

It hasn't warmed in over 15 years. Fact.

All LSD talking points fail since all you have is theory and I have stated fact.
There are always big fluctations from year to year, but the trend has been upward... Note that 2010 was the warmest year on record. I don't know where you get this "no warming in 15 years" thing.

http://data.giss.nasa.gov/gistemp/graphs_v3/

Old 09-25-2013, 06:40 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,217,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
It's so strange that you keep trying to convince me that you know anything about this matter after embarrassing yourself so badly.
And your LSD talking points you regurgitated are getting old.

Old 09-25-2013, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkosmosis View Post
Every climate scientist knows about these things. But man made global warming is overlaid on top of the natural cycle, and is happening at a much faster rate. How do you not know this yet? I guess the education system just failed you?
Facts that contradict what denialists have been told to believe don't count. I'm not sure why they think past natural driving forces eliminate the possibility of anthropogenic driving forces today. The logic of the statement is flawed. It's like arguing that people have died of old age in the past, so the guy with the broken spine lying on the sidewalk under the busted piano must have died of old age as well.

If past temperature variations tell us anything at all, they tell us how delicately balanced and easily upset the planet's climate can be.

Old 09-25-2013, 06:45 PM

Quote:
And your LSD talking points you regurgitated are getting old.
I haven't dropped acid since the late nineties, I don't know what you're talking about.

And as I showed a few weeks back, neither do you.

Old 09-25-2013, 06:52 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,960,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
well I guess the best way to prevent another ice age is to ramp up spewing co2 in to the atmosphere, we seem to be pretty good at that
All the little green plants will thank us for it. No co2 no plants. So called modern peoples the urban ones are very bad for the planet. The little male hero's kill the bee's, and the rest of you confuse the bees with cell phones.

Ten they come to where I live and hug the trees at the same time pooping and peeing into and or bvery near the water and like the dogs they are just leave the waste sitting on the topsoil.

All this with in just a few feet of water you can see trout in.

I don't buy this BS line about saving the planet. To them it all boils down to cars I suppose no one is going to have heat in their homes and places of work either

These people are so far removed from 'Reality that if reality bit them they would know what it was. The effect would be to call some official.

I would welcome a next ice age..... Too bad i can't live 10,000 to 25,000 years to see it........ MAYBE...

Old 09-25-2013, 06:54 PM

The thing is, all you have to do is say "You know what? I was wrong. Someone has measured volcanic CO2 emissions and compared them to industrial emissions after all!" I'm not sure what you think you gain by insisting that 2+2=hippopotamus when it's been demonstrated to all that it is, in fact, 4.

Old 09-25-2013, 10:21 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,830,354 times
Quote:
Yes, like when a freaking meteor crashed into the earth and killed the dinosaurs. That's your benchmark for human impact on the earth?
actually the last time it happened was about 15,000 years ago when we came out of the last ice age. the globale mean temperature rose 15 degrees in one decade. and i wasnt arguing that it was a benchmark for human impact, i WAS arguing the natural changes can be very small to very large, and that if you are using the last 150 years as the benchmark for human impact, then you have to understand that a two degree rise in global mean temperature in that period of time is a glacial pace compared to what nature can do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
I'm not sure how this proves the current temperature increase is naturally driven. Right-wing fail.

We aren't in one right now though. Right-wing fail.

. I'm not sure how this proves the current temperature increase is naturally driven. Right-wing fail.

I'm not sure how this proves the current temperature increase is naturally driven. Right-wing fail.

Such is not the case right now.

I don't care about the top of your head. I'm interested in seeing some evidence that supports the claim, not seeing someone repeat them unsupported. . If I wanted a denialist to write a post explaining what he's been instructed to believe and whining about Al Gore some more, I'd have let you know.
actually you are the one that is full of failure. the facts are that the earth wobbles on it axis, it has been measured at 23 degrees and is constant.

the fact is that the earth has an elliptical orbit around our local star, the distance the earth is from the sun varies from 88 million miles to 93 million miles, that has been a fact for centuries, yes htem old astronomers knew their stuff.

as for the current temperature increase, it really isnt known if it is a natural increase, or if it is mand driven, but i can tell you a few things;

1: nature is a *****

2: we are only about 15,000 years out of the last ice age and we are in a warming period, one just like the era between the last ice and and the ice age that came before that. for the last two million years, anther proven fact by the way, ice ages, and the post ice age warming period usually last about 20,000 years

3: it is only the arrogance of man that some believe that man can have a huge effect on the planets climate, we are an insignificant species in the overall scheme of things. we have limited powers and capabilities currently. yes we have done a lot of fantastic things over the last 150 years, but again they are nothing in the large scheme of things.

Old 09-26-2013, 04:14 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,380,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Do you seriously have so little ability to refute any of the facts at their site that you can only attack the source?

Seriously?
Well seriously, it's kind of like linking to creation.org or answersingenesis.org to 'refute' evolution.

Old 09-26-2013, 04:43 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,447,554 times
Quote:
There are always big fluctations from year to year, but the trend has been upward... Note that 2010 was the warmest year on record. I don't know where you get this "no warming in 15 years" thing.

http://data.giss.nasa.gov/gistemp/graphs_v3/
Actually, what those graphs show is that there are 30 to 35 year cooling and warming cycles. From 1880 to 1915 was a cooling trend. From 1915 to 1945 was a warming trend. From 1945 to 1980 was another cooling trend. From 1980 to 2010 was another warming trend.

If the past 150 years are any indication we should be beginning another cooling trend, from 2010 to 2040 or 2045.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies