Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2013, 10:30 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,232,276 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Perhaps you don't see it as a problem, but it is still unconstitutional... Plain and simple.
How? When your right to purchase and carry firearms still exists? Curious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2013, 10:38 PM

3,040 posts, read 2,581,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Background checks do not violate the Constitution, now back to whatever it was you were doing.
Extending It would NOT have prevented the Navy Yard or any other shooting!!

Old 09-26-2013, 10:39 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,832,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
Your right to carry a gun doesn't exist in LA county just like it doesn't exist for me in Alameda county. In California each county Sheriff decides if you have "good cause" to carry a gun. In many counties in the states, "good cause" means you want to protect yourself and your family. In your county and my county "good cause" means you have been murdered already and this have proven that you are in danger.

You do not have a right to carry. Millions of people in this nation do have the right to self defense.

Old 09-26-2013, 10:42 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,839,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
He's like a broken record.

A badly broken record.
Si...blah blah blah blah...etc.

Old 09-26-2013, 10:47 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,378,134 times
Falling back on "it's for the children" how pathetic of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
"We can't rest until all of our children can go to school or walk down the street free from the fear that they will be struck down by a stray bullet," Obama said in a keynote speech to the Congressional Black Caucus Foundation's annual awards dinner.
Fortunately the vast majority of the country isn't Chicago, most children don't walk the street in fear of being shot. Maybe he should focus on other likely causes for violence in his liberal, diverse, violent, crime ridden neighborhoods.

Quote:
"But it's happening every single day," he said. "We fought a good fight earlier this year, but we came up short and that means we've got to get back up and go back at it because as long as there are those who fight to make it as easy as possible for dangerous people to get their hands on a gun, then we've got to work as hard as possible for the sake of our children. We've got to be ones who are willing to do more work to make it harder."
It isn't happening every single day, but who hasn't come to expect nothing but lies from Obama? What does happen multiple times every single day? Good, honest people using guns to defend themselves or others, but those lives don't count when you have a political agenda to push.

Old 09-26-2013, 11:02 PM

2,075 posts, read 2,139,316 times
Quote:
Ntwrkguy1 had it right. These liberals just keep trying the same failed policy (passing laws that only law-abiding people will obey) over and over, hoping for a different result next time.

Haven't they anything better to do?
Obama's mouth runs 28 hrs. a day. Nothing new there......

Old 09-26-2013, 11:24 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,943,306 times
Quote:
It has nothing to do with the right to purchase a firearm... It is unconstitutional for the president to institute law, any law, by Executive privilege.. It has nothing to do with the second amendment..

Old 09-27-2013, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Your right to carry a gun doesn't exist in LA county just like it doesn't exist for me in Alameda county. In California each county Sheriff decides if you have "good cause" to carry a gun. In many counties in the states, "good cause" means you want to protect yourself and your family. In your county and my county "good cause" means you have been murdered already and this have proven that you are in danger.

You do not have a right to carry. Millions of people in this nation do have the right to self defense.
Yeah that's what a Conceal Carry Permit or whatever it is called is for. I don't own a gun nor do I want to, yet I don't want anyone who wants to be able to purchase one to be hindered in doing so.

I never much cared for the gun laws because I, personally, don't really like guns that much despite doing 4 years in the military. I'm not the typical military guy who loves firearms/knives/etc and wants to keep the 2nd Amendment as pristine as possible.

Old 09-27-2013, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
It has nothing to do with the right to purchase a firearm... It is unconstitutional for the president to institute law, any law, by Executive privilege.. It has nothing to do with the second amendment..
Well if it is, can you point out where it says that? I'm curious to see if you can provide the proof because, honestly, I'm not motivated enough to go out of my way to look it up on Google.

Old 09-27-2013, 08:27 AM

12,287 posts, read 9,832,625 times
Quote:
Yeah that's what a Conceal Carry Permit or whatever it is called is for. I don't own a gun nor do I want to, yet I don't want anyone who wants to be able to purchase one to be hindered in doing so.

I never much cared for the gun laws because I, personally, don't really like guns that much despite doing 4 years in the military. I'm not the typical military guy who loves firearms/knives/etc and wants to keep the 2nd Amendment as pristine as possible.
No, a concealed carry permit should be issued to anyone who can legally own a gun. Politicians should not get to pick and choose who they issue them to, like other politicians, campaign donors, etc.

I do not have to justify my civil rights.

They can have permits, they need to issues them to everyone who wants them that can legally have them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies