Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2013, 03:04 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,969,876 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
If you do not have a distributor before the government buys your cow, you simply dont milk the cow. The milk is then never produced.

Seriously, what is going on with this site, are people just deliberately making bad arguments or are we all just misunderstanding each other that much ?
No, you're desperately struggling to salvage some really, REALLY bad arguments, by trying to make everyone else to blame for having sensible assumptions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2013, 03:10 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,556 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
Like I said. It is assumed, for purposes of dishonest argument - that private ownership is always unproductive, and that public ownership creates productivity.

Really, there's only one reason to own cows. To produce food. Whether it's meat or milk.

Of course, nobody actually BELIEVED that I meant that the government took away the cow, bred it, and hired the former owner to milk it SOLELY BECAUSE THE OWNER REFUSED TO.

When you've been caught saying something amazingly stupid, don't try to deflect by calling someone else stupid... with argument even more stupid than the assumption you're arguing from.
WOW.

First off, you destroyed your own argument by saying that there is more than one use for a cow. Meat.

second, many farmers own cows because they use their dung for compost. The chemical composition in it pulls certain minerals to the surface and releases others. They mix it in with the soil and then seed over it.

Living in the country around farms, you find these things out. Again you used a horrible analogy and your argument got destroyed.

the only person being caught saying something and then deflecting was YOU. But you can continue to dig that hole as deep as you want.

Old 09-29-2013, 03:12 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,556 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
No, you're desperately struggling to salvage some really, REALLY bad arguments, by trying to make everyone else to blame for having sensible assumptions.
Already addressed your failing argument.

Old 09-29-2013, 03:14 PM

18,802 posts, read 8,471,648 times
Quote:
And it isn't working.

Not one iota of it due to government involvement, rather "in spite of".

China cannot and will not have any fundamental change until capitalism

The real issue is that our government costs us, collectively, about 5.5 TRILLION dollars per year.
China is now suddenly passing the US in total output and that 'isn't working'?

Like it or not or Gov'ts, central and otherwise, are our nations largest consumers.

What you and I don't like is high taxes. And in a weak economy there is no reason for such high taxes. In any monetarily sovereign nation, central taxes are not necessary to operate the Gov't. They are certainly not needed for any Federal program like Food Stamps. So right now taxes need to be lowered. Right now Gov't should not cost us $5.5T if that's the correct number.

Old 09-29-2013, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Christ.......others have been asked this over and over with no valid answers. If this was true why not just go 100 trillion in debt? We would then be swimming in prosperity right?

Luckily for us right now they are but the reason we would have deflation is because the bubbles that created the earlier inflation popped. At some point that has to stop.

QE has only reinflated the bubbles.
No one is asking for $100T today. (strawman) Today that would simply be inflationary.

But in 100 years, $100T might be just about right. Today if we had a sudden national catastrophe, we could create the money if $100T were needed. But remember, if we don't drastically increase our output to meet that sort of money, we will inflate. Look at WW2 and the funding of our war effort. All from new money creation. We doubled our GDP in just 2 years to meet the needs of the war and our people. We rationed and had price and wage controls to help avoid inflation.

Most liberal economic policy tends to incite bubble formation. Including QE. Investors simply need to be wary and understand the nature of our money.

Old 09-29-2013, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
WOW.

First off, you destroyed your own argument by saying that there is more than one use for a cow. Meat.

second, many farmers own cows because they use their dung for compost. The chemical composition in it pulls certain minerals to the surface and releases others. They mix it in with the soil and then seed over it.

Living in the country around farms, you find these things out. Again you used a horrible analogy and your argument got destroyed.

the only person being caught saying something and then deflecting was YOU. But you can continue to dig that hole as deep as you want.
LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW, NOBODY owns cows just to get manure.

You've dug even deeper. I'll admit I haven't ever wanted to milk a cow. But that's because I have lived in the country almost all my life and know ranchers who raise beef and the farmers who have cows. A few of them were my customers, and some of them were my friends and neighbors. It's the last thing in the world I want to do.

So, no, I'm not ignorant IN THE SLIGHTEST about cows and their uses.

You've just tried to salvage a really stupid idea by being obnoxiously dishonest.

Old 09-29-2013, 03:25 PM

Quote:
No, it was all federally based.

It was government institutions that spawned all of this.
Banks have Federal authority to what they do. And of course Federal regulations failed us.
But the debt involved/lost was in the private, not public sector.

After all if we 'lost' public debt, then we'd owe LESS today! <LOL>

Old 09-29-2013, 03:29 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
A hell of a lot less? The food stamp program runs about $80 billion a year. The deficit last year was around $1 trillion. Meanwhile, Medicare ran around 10X the food stamp program and relies on government transfers to operate.

Trustees Report Summary
Welfare spending exceeds $1T a year at the moment
http://www.budget.senate.gov/republi...4-2fd5bcedfeb5

Old 09-29-2013, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
China is now suddenly passing the US in total output and that 'isn't working'?

Like it or not or Gov'ts, central and otherwise, are our nations largest consumers.

What you and I don't like is high taxes. And in a weak economy there is no reason for such high taxes. In any monetarily sovereign nation, central taxes are not necessary to operate the Gov't. They are certainly not needed for any Federal program like Food Stamps. So right now taxes need to be lowered. Right now Gov't should not cost us $5.5T if that's the correct number.
China has 4 times our population.

The links to the estimated cost of federal regulations I've posted in another thread. And that's the SBA's estimation, which is likely to be as low as they could figure out how to twist it.

The amount of our taxes is also public knowledge.

The amount of money borrowed is also public information.

If you wish to dispute any of them, feel free to look them up. I'm just posting from memory.

The Chinese per capita product absolutely sucks. And that's even using their own numbers, which are more likely to be fiction than truth.

China's current economy is EXTREMELY dependent upon consumption, which has fallen badly, and the mountain of bad debt and subsidized production to keep the factories looking busy is mind boggling.

So, you want this kind of economy, or think it better than a free market / capitalism economy?

Old 09-29-2013, 03:34 PM

Quote:
I said you could not explain it.

Why don't you try, without blather about "sovereign entities" and just explain what it is you do.

Again, I want to know how the Treasury department pays the notes it owes and interest on them without eventually defaulting because the interest exceeds all the taxes that can be raised.

Just explain it.
If it should come to that, then by the same simple money creation. Congress simply says to create more money and pay the interest. Whatever the number. It takes no more action - since all this means is that the Federal Gov't will use its computers to raise all those private sector accounts by whatever interest they've earned. Whether it be one penny or $1T to each account.

Another way it could be done by the Treasury is through minting coins. By law the Treasury can stamp proof platinum coins in ANY denomination. So if necessary they could stamp one $100T coin and deposit it at the Fed in a sealed vault, so cancelling $100T of National Debt.

Trillion dollar coin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies