Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2013, 08:55 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
I'm confused.

Was the Suv driver trying to get away because he hit one of the bikers?

If he did,he actually provoked it.
Next,he lost the fight.

Not sure why some are mentioning guns???
Why? Because he lost?
It isn't that simple. We do not have film of what was going on before but in the past, and what has happened before doesn't mean it happened here but in the past these groups have got together and acted like complete asses on the road ways. Getting in people's way, slowing down and stopping traffic to do tricks on the roads, so maybe the driver was careless or maybe it wasn't his fault.

I've rode for around 36 and I have been cut off many times and I've wanted to take my helmet and use it to beat the car that cut me off but those who act like idiots while riding need their right to ride taken from them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2013, 08:57 AM

78,432 posts, read 60,628,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
Exactly, you can clearly see the bikers attempting to prevent any other vehicles from entering the freeway. During the chase, they passed by several on ramps which had other bikers stopped on them waiting to do the same thing to other drivers. It looked like they were trying to do a freeway version of what the hipster bicyclist dbags call corking.
Yep, I am looking forward to a whole pile of felony charges and other lesser charges against all of the motorcyclists involved.

Old 10-01-2013, 09:01 AM

13,714 posts, read 31,184,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigr View Post
Glad to see they were not Harley riders.

But then who would be stupid enough to play games with an SUV while riding a motorcycle. Just run them over.
Harley riders are too old to do stuff like that. They ride slow and they have bad knees. No way they would brake check in front of a Range Rover.

Old 10-01-2013, 09:05 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,972,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
Caught on video: Father with family in SUV chased, beaten by speed-demon bikers - U.S. News

I would have done the mad max on these freakin looser bikers..
The SUV driver made the first hit. He wasn't paying attention and bumped a bike. You don't bump a moving biker because that causes a crash. Then and there, he should have stopped the SUV. What he did was criminal hit and run and he continued to hit and run, using his SUV as a weapon. I have seen the video, and it is clear he was going to fast over taking a rider where there was no room. Then his sissy ass paniced and he ran instead of pulling over to render any assistance possible.

We riders are legally ignored everyday and we are killed by soccer moms every day and nothing ever happens. We are killed by politians drunk and speeding too. All that SUV driver needed to do to render the whole thing harmless was stop at the scene of the first crash.

Old 10-01-2013, 09:05 AM

13,714 posts, read 31,184,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
I'm confused.

Was the Suv driver trying to get away because he hit one of the bikers?

If he did,he actually provoked it.
Next,he lost the fight.

Not sure why some are mentioning guns???
Why? Because he lost?
Watch the video carefully in the beginning. The bikers clearly put on their brakes in front of the Range Rover. Why? Probably to get it off the road so they could have all three lanes to themselves. The Ranger Rover hit the bike in front of it. They all stopped. The RR decided to get out of there and drove over the bike it hit.

It escalated from there.

The Range Rover had no trouble rolling over motorcycles. I guess RR can add that to their advertising.

Old 10-01-2013, 09:06 AM

545 posts, read 451,953 times
Some of these locations are going to need to get way tougher law and order or there is no chance. A drone patrol may be helpful.

Last edited by macpherson; 10-01-2013 at 09:25 AM..

Old 10-01-2013, 09:12 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,037,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
The SUV driver made the first hit. He wasn't paying attention and bumped a bike. You don't bump a moving biker because that causes a crash. Then and there, he should have stopped the SUV. What he did was criminal hit and run and he continued to hit and run, using his SUV as a weapon. I have seen the video, and it is clear he was going to fast over taking a rider where there was no room. Then his sissy ass paniced and he ran instead of pulling over to render any assistance possible.

We riders are legally ignored everyday and we are killed by soccer moms every day and nothing ever happens. We are killed by politians drunk and speeding too. All that SUV driver needed to do to render the whole thing harmless was stop at the scene of the first crash.
He did stop, it's on the video. The driver was surrounded when he stopped, they began to slice the tires on his SUV and beat their helmets against the sides. Riders like the ones in the video should expect to get run over and killed. You play stupid games, you win stupid prizes.

Old 10-01-2013, 09:19 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,572,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
You play stupid games, you win stupid prizes.
....th-th-th-that's all, folks!

Old 10-01-2013, 09:21 AM

4,300 posts, read 4,410,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
He did stop, it's on the video. The driver was surrounded when he stopped, they began to slice the tires on his SUV and beat their helmets against the sides. Riders like the ones in the video should expect to get run over and killed. You play stupid games, you win stupid prizes.
These bikers are all going to jail - and they should. They give the rest of us bikers a bad rep. There is absolutely no way anyone can justify what they did. They purposely blocked traffic (while many didn't even have license plates on their bikes) and when this SUV tried to pass, they got in front and slammed their brakes (it's on the video and in the testimonies of several eye witnesses). The driver tapped into the bike who slammed his brakes and then got out to make sure he was ok (at least, attempted to) and was met with a beating. He did what anyone would do when surrounded by an angry and bullying crowd. He has his wife and child in the SUV and did the right thing - floor it and get out of there. This man did nothing wrong and many of us bikers agree with decision/actions. Nuff said . . .

Old 10-01-2013, 09:24 AM

2,908 posts, read 3,874,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Lots of ITGs around in this thread...
It's expected, but the bikers were the real pu$$ies here. It's easy to be a tough guy when 50 of your buddies are with you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies