Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2013, 02:44 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,232,612 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I thought this, too, but actually, no. When you go to the exchange, you have to set up an account. That account includes the information to qualify you for the subsidies. When you purchase an insurance policy through the exchange, the purchase is through your account as well, and the subsidies are built in to your account, so you don't have to wait until the end of the year.

I had a friend who needed assistance, and we began researching a couple of weeks ago. And at first I got the same impression as you, that it would be a credit on a person's tax returns, but it's been explained to me now as the above.
Fantastic.. so Obamacare insurance, is FREE

Well its a subsidy, that left wing kooks are CELEBRATING.. while moaning about deductions.. I'm baffled why this ones ok...

Old 10-02-2013, 02:46 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,947,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Your stance in this post is vastly different than your previous stance in the previous post. You went from 'you can't take my benefit away from me without compensating me for it' to "...or I will find work elsewhere."

Glad you see the error of your thought process.
Actually, my stance didn't change at all.

The benefit is part of my employment compensation. And just as in any other form of compensation, if it's taken away, it is essentially a paycut. If my employer tries to reduce my compensation, I have options at my disposal. One of the options is to negotiate with my employer, so that the lost benefit will be countered by increased pay (and I believe that union negotiators use this option quite often), or I could sue (in some states this would be a solid strategy, in Arkansas employees have limited legal protection, but nonetheless the employer simply pocketing the money that was previously directed toward my pocket...), or I could quit. I'm an extremely valuable employee, however. So while I might threaten to quit, the threat itself is part of the negotiation process. It only works, though, if I'm prepared to follow through.

Old 10-02-2013, 02:46 PM

1,137 posts, read 1,400,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post

Well its a subsidy, that left wing kooks are CELEBRATING.. while moaning about deductions.. I'm baffled why this ones ok...

Yes the left wing whackdoodles have had plenty of practice at regurigtating the propaganda that was devised to support this abhorrent law.

Old 10-02-2013, 02:47 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,309,657 times
Quote:
You keeping your money, is not the government spending money..

No matter how many times you repeat this nonsense, its not true.

I've disputed every single one of your stupid points, line by line.

See, you still cant even follow along.. I'm going to GET $9500 MORE than I currently get from the federal government due to Obamacare.. THATS a subsidy, since I pay ZERO federal income taxes...

Why again would i be angry about getting MORE money?

And why would I be angry that my money, remains mine, due to tax deductions...

You arent making any sense STILL..
It is not your money. If it is your money than it is not owed. It is just more semantics. Again, as taxpayers we owe taxes. Owing means that the money doesn't belong to you.

You have disputed nothing.

Again, if the government collected all taxes owed and simply mailed out checks for the value of the deduction instead of doing what it does now which is not collect the taxes, how is that not the government spending money.

You have not even touched that.

Here is the federal government all the money from taxes collected. They have the money in hand and then they mail out a check to you for your deductions but the government isn't spending money in that scenario? LOLOLOLOL Insanity.

Until you can deal with that the rest is just nonsense and I am done with it. I have made my point beyond dispute over and over again.

You have explained nothing.

Old 10-02-2013, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
It is not your money. If it is your money than it is not owed..
I stopped here laughing my ass off so hard, that you dont even want to see me right now

ITS NOT OWED.. What part of that dont you understand that a deduction is MONEY YOU DONT OWE, and because YOU DONT OWE IT, its not a subsidy..

Trust me, you dont want to see my face laughing at you right now..

Old 10-02-2013, 02:50 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,947,865 times
Quote:

It's not FREE unless you have a really low income (though higher than the MEDICAID threshold), and you pick a very basic coverage (which usually comes with a high deductible).

I'm not sure how the other side of the equation, the insurance companies, are compensated. If they receive checks from the federal government to balance out the subsidies, or if there is a complicated formula that is followed. I suspect a complicated formula, which would explain why some of the major companies chose not to participate in the exchanges.

Old 10-02-2013, 02:51 PM

1,137 posts, read 1,400,977 times
Quote:
I stopped here laughing my ass off so hard, that you dont even want to see me right now

ITS NOT OWED.. What part of that dont you understand that a deduction is MONEY YOU DONT OWE, and because YOU DONT OWE IT, its not a subsidy..

He's the prototypical left wing fascist. What do you expect? Better just to ignore such people.

Old 10-02-2013, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Declan's Dad View Post
He's the prototypical left wing fascist. What do you expect? Better just to ignore such people.
There is no way these people file their own tax returns.. They probably go to HR Block and pay hundreds of dollars in processing fees, and think they come out ahead because they get some of their money back from the government yearly..

yaaaa, tax refund.. wooo hoooo...

ANYONE who doesnt know the difference betwen a tax credit and a tax deduction, shouldnt be allowed to vote.. no joke..

Old 10-02-2013, 03:04 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,262,288 times
Quote:

I see you are still struggling to comprehend a simple scenario.

Old 10-02-2013, 03:05 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,262,288 times
Quote:
There is no way these people file their own tax returns.. They probably go to HR Block and pay hundreds of dollars in processing fees, and think they come out ahead because they get some of their money back from the government yearly..

yaaaa, tax refund.. wooo hoooo...

ANYONE who doesnt know the difference betwen a tax credit and a tax deduction, shouldnt be allowed to vote.. no joke..
Tell us in your words what is the difference between a credit and a deduction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies