Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2013, 12:59 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,193,867 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Its not a dam subsidy because at the end of the year, if you spent $1200 on rent, and your business loses $1200, the government isnt going to reinburse you the dam $1200

There is a HUGE difference between a subsidy, and a deduction.. You have proven time and time again you dont know a dam thing about taxes, which discredits every other posting you make, discussing tax policies.

If you dont think there is a difference between getting $1200 back at the end of the year, vs not getting $1200 back at the end of the year.. then I'm going to call you stupid to your face...
Sad, now you are just making up a completely different scenario.

Old 10-02-2013, 01:00 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,128,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
No, its sad you think a deduction is a subsidy..

Old 10-02-2013, 01:02 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,299,061 times
Quote:
I wonder when the landlord is going to marry the renter? I mean this dude has taken my simple example and wow I don't know what he read, but he is way off.

46,001 posts, read 35,193,867 times
Quote:
What is the difference between getting a deduction from your rent and receiving a check at the end of the year for the exact same amount of the deduction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
Whoo you are are really kind of s... I try to explain again.
In my example,

the landlord is the government

the renter is the taxpayers.

The deduction is the $100 dollars taken off the rent per month for the renter doing x, y, z around the property.

I was using a simplistic story to show how deductions(the landlord taking off $100 a month in rent for the renter doing x, y, z around the property) offered to renters( taxpayers)results in the landlord( the government) spending $1200 whether the landlord mails a check or just doesn't collect the $100 a month.
Oh my fn god.. how dumb can you be?

If the landlord is the government
tenant pays $1200 for rent, government spends $100 for repairs.. net proceed to the government $1100
Under your change, tenant pays $1100 for rent, another $100 for repairs, net proceed to the govenrment. $1100

the same dam amount goes to the government..

Old 10-02-2013, 01:05 PM

Quote:
What is the difference between getting a deduction from your rent and receiving a check at the end of the year for the exact same amount of the deduction?
You cant be this dumb...

Name for me a company that receives a check at the end of the year for the amount of their employee health insurance costs..

In order to argue that its a subsidy, you'd have to be writing a check TO THE GOVERNMENT, and having the GOVERNMENT reinburse you 100% of the costs.. Neither is true.. You might owe less at the end of the year, but the government does NOT write businesses a check for their healthcare costs..

Your own argument proves its not a subsidy.. Until now.. because I will receive reinbursements of my cost.. Why arent you upset? In fact you are now applauding the same thing you were just moaning about.. yes, its mind boggling..

Old 10-02-2013, 01:06 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,299,061 times
Quote:
A deduction is a subsidy.

Right now the government could say from now on we will collect all taxes owed. And then we will mail out checks for the deductions you claim on your taxes.

Or the government can say we just won't collect all taxes owed based on the deductions we have given out.

Either way the government is spending for those deductions.

There is no difference.

Old 10-02-2013, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
A deduction is a subsidy.

Right now the government could say from now on we will collect all taxes owed. And then we will mail out checks for the deductions you claim on your taxes.

Or the government can say we just won't collect all taxes owed based on the deductions we have given out.

Either way the government is spending for those deductions.

There is no difference.
No a deduction is not a god dam subsidy

Subsidy:
1. a financial aid supplied by a government, as to industry, for reasons of public welfare, the balance of payments, etc 2. English history a financial grant made originally for special purposes by Parliament to the Crown 3. any monetary contribution, grant, or aid

Government is not giving you aid, they are allowing you to keep what you already have
They are not making you a grant
They are not giving you monetary contributions..

ITS YOUR MONEY you use to cover your employee expenses, NOT THE GOVERNMENTS..

A CREDIT is a subsidy, you know, things like the earned income child CREDIT..

Old 10-02-2013, 01:10 PM

2,226 posts, read 2,103,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Declan's Dad View Post
here is a link to an Obamacare calculator that tells you what you'd be eligible for and the costs.

Subsidy Calculator | The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation

I entered in the info for my family. we currently have helath insurance through my wife's employer which costs roughly 5000 a year. Under Obamacare we'd be eleigible in the state of NH for a plan costing 9500 per year and since we make too much money would not receive a tax credit.

Sooner or later the middle class is going to find out that the only thing Obamacare is going to do to them is screw them and it aint gonna be pretty for the people who devised this plan and forced it upon us.
Wait a minute....didn't you say your wife's employer gives your family healtcare (or partially pays for it). If so, you are not required to get insurance thru the government program.

Old 10-02-2013, 01:14 PM

215 posts, read 297,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 60sfemi View Post
Wait a minute....didn't you say your wife's employer gives your family healtcare (or partially pays for it). If so, you are not required to get insurance thru the government program.
Those of us who don't qualify for the subsidy based on our income are a little peeved at the moment by Obamacare. Please forgive us if we are not in a celebratory mood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.