Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2013, 02:20 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,236,115 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
How universal health coverage for all citizens in the United States is a negative thing is beyond me.
What seems beyond you is Obama care does not cover all citizens
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2013, 02:22 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,233,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
What seems beyond you is Obama care does not cover all citizens
It's a step in the right direction it seems. Again, how this is a negative is beyond me.

It doesn't cover every citizen because certain parties aren't allowing it to do what it's intended to do.

Old 10-02-2013, 02:24 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,145,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
I actually contacted my rep over the weekend and asked them to vote for a clean resolution so voters can experience the full fail of Obamacare.
That's the plan.

These lawmakers know that the young, healthy and "invincible" kids aren't going to buy insurance. Do people actually believe that some 19 year old is going to give up their smartphone so they can buy health insurance - something that they'll probably never use? Of course not! Yet, the program depends entirely on these kids doing exactly that.

It will fail. It was designed to fail.

This is just a stepping stone to single payer. In some amount of time, maybe five years, maybe twenty, the program will be officially declared a failure, and the government will swoop in and proclaim that "free market" health care doesn't work. They'll expect that we'll all have forgotten that it was Obamacare that drove the nails into the coffin of private health insurance - and most will have. They'll declare that the only viable solution is a full blown single payer system.

And people will believe it.

Old 10-02-2013, 02:28 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,236,115 times
Quote:
It's a step in the right direction it seems. Again, how this is a negative is beyond me.

It doesn't cover every citizen because certain parties aren't allowing it to do what it's intended to do.
Oh you mean its republican responsible for the site crashing /because so far that is all I know of what its not doing

Old 10-02-2013, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Oh you mean its republican responsible for the site crashing /because so far that is all I know of what its not doing
Never said that it was republicans responsible. Nice attempt to bate me though.

I've yet to hear how universal health coverage for every American is a negative. We all contribute to national security and fund wars like it's no problem, but health care for the poor and destitute? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPE!

Old 10-02-2013, 02:32 PM

2,635 posts, read 3,515,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
I know why I am opposed to it.. We can't afford it first of all.. The money isn't there... Secondly I get my healthcare from the Veterans administration.. While they treat me very well, I don't get the same level of care that is typically afforded the normal civilian population. It is restricted due to budget. I would hate to see the rest of this nation have to lose the quality health care they now enjoy. They will under the ACA. Decisions will be taken out of your physicians hands and bureaucrats will decide on your care on a cost vs benefit basis.. Not what is good for you but rather can the cost be justified.. I sometimes have to go outside the VA system and pay for a lot of things out of my pocket in order to get them done. Is this what you want? With ACA that is what you will get.
Ironically, the VA is a centralized social medicine scheme, while the core of the ACA is a market driven approach to providing insurance. Many have previously proposed turning the VA medical program into a subsidized voucher system with services provided by the private sector, with fierce opposition from a nominally conservative constituency.

Old 10-02-2013, 02:34 PM

8,637 posts, read 9,154,764 times
Quote:
How universal health coverage for all citizens in the United States is a negative thing is beyond me.
I'm all for a non-profit (no shareholders) single payer with a well regulated private for-profit supplemental coverage just like medicare recipients receive. Also, how many civilized nations go about it also.

Old 10-02-2013, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
I'm all for a non-profit (no shareholders) single payer with a well regulated private for-profit supplemental coverage just like medicare recipients receive. Also, how many civilized nations go about it also.
That wouldn't be too shabby.

Though clarify for me because I keep hearing this term tossed around "single payer". Does that mean everyone collectively pays it or what?

Old 10-02-2013, 02:54 PM

8,637 posts, read 9,154,764 times
Quote:
That wouldn't be too shabby.

Though clarify for me because I keep hearing this term tossed around "single payer". Does that mean everyone collectively pays it or what?
We as Americans who work pay FICA tax, which is medicare and Social Security. Adjust and open up medicare to all, we are all paying for it now. Those who pay taxes pay for medicare, medicaid, VA, Indian Health and most can not access any of these deliverers of healthcare. And that is rationing.

Old 10-02-2013, 02:55 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,268,727 times
Quote:
Never said that it was republicans responsible. Nice attempt to bate me though.

I've yet to hear how universal health coverage for every American is a negative. We all contribute to national security and fund wars like it's no problem, but health care for the poor and destitute? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPE!

You didn't get the memo? You're reading the wrong threads. It's because all Americans without health insurance are lazy, deadbeat bums who are unworthy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies