Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2013, 03:49 PM

2,362 posts, read 3,000,398 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
thats like saying...You got to cut off you foot to save your toe. Nonsence.
No kidding. Yeesh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2013, 03:51 PM

577 posts, read 513,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapheap View Post
This is what they want(TP). I don't think they want to be a part of a Country were all can make it. So they have decided that they will destroy this Nation and rebuild the Confederacy.
Their ideology does not fit in with reality.

Old 10-08-2013, 03:56 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,955,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapheap View Post
This is what they want(TP). I don't think they want to be a part of a Country were all can make it. So they have decided that they will destroy this Nation and rebuild the Confederacy.
they sure do want to decentralize the federal government and each state become it little nation to rule the people as they see fit...

The Tea party the world's largest HOA.

Each state will become like a gated community with a lot of little George Zimmermans running around.

Old 10-08-2013, 03:57 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,270,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctk0p7 View Post
I don't think anyone on the left loves McCain, but they do respect that he has enough sense to do what is right for the country instead of following along the lines of a Tea Party idea.
This.

While I'm definitely no McCain fan (I've never forgiven him for unleashing Palin on us), he does often speak with common sense and reasonableness and this is definitely one of those times.
There are others, as well, with 'R' by their names who are also pretty disgusted with what's been going on.

I do believe the republican party is in chaos right now and it will be interesting to see how it plays out - hopefully the country doesn't end up suffering for it (may already be too late).

Old 10-08-2013, 04:04 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,246,833 times
McCain lost all credibility with this voter when he salivated all over the immigration reform bill which did nothing to fix the problems with immigration and was nothing more than a porksters dream come true. He further destroyed his Credibility when he supported attacking Syria when the rest of the world said no.
In this case. Most americans are against the ACA as it is written. Obama and Reid both know this and don't care. I suspect the GOP doesn't either and are using it as their excuse.
Reid and Obama can end this shutdown just as easily as the GOP. All they have to do is meet them half way.
As far as I am concerned every politician playing my way or the high way should be fired. That pretty much would be 90% of our elected reps.

Old 10-08-2013, 04:05 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,925,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafferty Daniel View Post
John McCain, the guy that most on the right voted for in 2008, admitted that Republicans started the shutdown fight with the false premise that Obamacare would be repealed.

“We started out with a false premise here on this side of the aisle and that’s that we were somehow going to repeal ObamaCare,†McCain said. “To think that we’re going to repeal ObamaCare … was a false premise, and I think did the American people a great disservice by telling them that we could.â€

McCain: Deal could be reached if lawmakers stopped

It's time for other Republicans to admit the same thing. The ACA is here to stay so it's time for Republicans to pass a clean CR and govern for a change.
If this McCain had been the one running for President in 2008, Obama may never have been elected and this whole GOP temper tantrum might have been moot.

But, we got teabagger McCain and his sidekick Caribou Barbie instead. This is the danger of living in a country in which one of the two major political parties has gone collectively insane after a steady diet of hate radio and Fox News.

Old 10-08-2013, 04:09 PM

82 posts, read 48,555 times
Quote:
they sure do want to decentralize the federal government and each state become it little nation to rule the people as they see fit...

The Tea party the world's largest HOA.

Each state will become like a gated community with a lot of little George Zimmermans running around.
I believe this is exactly what they want. What chance do you think anyone who is not a certified WASP have in these Nations? Also LGBT people. What will places like AL and SC be like if they are cut off and the TP can do what they want to do now?

Old 10-08-2013, 04:11 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,955,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
If this McCain had been the one running for President in 2008, Obama may never have been elected and this whole GOP temper tantrum might have been moot.

But, we got teabagger McCain and his sidekick Caribou Barbie instead. This is the danger of living in a country in which one of the two major political parties has gone collectively insane after a steady diet of hate radio and Fox News.
I agree with you, and I most likely would have voted for him[depending on his VP], but his acceptance of palin was the deal breaker.

Old 10-08-2013, 04:14 PM

490 posts, read 651,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by restoring classic68 View Post
The man has become senile.... the left loves him all of a sudden though
How is it senile to want think outside the box and try to get things moving? That's a troubling evaluation.

Old 10-08-2013, 04:17 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,925,737 times
Quote:
I agree with you, and I most likely would have voted for him[depending on his VP], but his acceptance of palin was the deal breaker.
I wanted to vote for McCain, but his lame attempt to act like a hardcore bible thumping right winger and his selection of a clearly unqualified Palin were enough to change my mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies