Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2013, 04:30 PM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayid Linus View Post
I posted yesterday asking the op if FOX had also run this story and the post was deleted for being off topic, so I'll ask again.

So I don't get in trouble for being off topic I'll add how strange it is that right wingers are upset about the closing of national parks, something they typically despise. It's just an excuse to complain more. That's it.
Of course the fedguv closing parks as a show of contempt for the people flies right over your partisan head in your desperation to deflect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2013, 04:31 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,701,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Too bad you have not been able to support that childishness with any facts.
The facts are as plain as the nose on your face. Close your LEFT eye and look down with the RIGHT one.

Old 10-10-2013, 04:33 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,872,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
I don't think we'll see the MSM covering these stories, because they are in full spin control trying to polish Obama's rapidly-tarnishing image.
More histrionics from the very people who shut down the parks to begin with...along with the rest of the government.

Cry on, children, cry on...

Old 10-10-2013, 04:34 PM

1,391 posts, read 1,233,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
I've never met a "right winger" who despises parks. Who are you talking about?
umm, a lot of tea party types on here that say the National Parks should be given back to the states. You do realize if that happens the parks more than likely would no longer remain the same way they are now, right? In other words, protected for all to enjoy.

Old 10-10-2013, 04:34 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
It's vindictive because it saves no money. It just irritates the citizens just like Obama wants. He wants people to feel pain. He doesn't care about saving money.
It just happens to be the EASIEST and the LEAST PAINFUL and LEAST VISIBLE way to save money. Does it irritate citizens? Well, government shutdowns tend to irritate people, but park closures causes the minimal irritation compared to other imaginable measures. GOP Congress created temporary laws to pay govt workers for not working and THAT shows they don't give a rats ass about saving money. But then again none of this is about saving money, and everyone knows that. If you want to irritate people, you close the post offices, railways and airports. Closing parks is barely noticeable. Are you kidding me?

Old 10-10-2013, 04:35 PM

1,391 posts, read 1,233,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Of course the fedguv closing parks as a show of contempt for the people flies right over your partisan head in your desperation to deflect.
Nah, I understand.

Old 10-10-2013, 04:36 PM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It just happens to be the EASIEST and the LEAST PAINFUL and LEAST VISIBLE way to save money. Does it irritate citizens? Well, government shutdowns tend to irritate people, but park closures causes the minimal irritation compared to other imaginable measures. GOP Congress created temporary laws to pay govt workers for not working and THAT shows they don't give a rats ass about saving money. But then again none of this is about saving money, and everyone knows that. If you want to irritate people, you close the post offices, railways and airports. Closing parks is barely noticeable. Are you kidding me?
Wrong.
How would ending foreign aid inconvenience joe taxpayer?

Old 10-10-2013, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
The facts are as plain as the nose on your face. Close your LEFT eye and look down with the RIGHT one.
Why are park employees deserving of you disrespect? What have they done to you? You are being very childish, and you know it.

Old 10-10-2013, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Wrong. How would ending foreign aid inconvenience joe taxpayer?
Did Congress make such payments during the shutdown? I would be surprised if they did.

Old 10-10-2013, 04:43 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,740,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayid Linus View Post
umm, a lot of tea party types on here that say the National Parks should be given back to the states. You do realize if that happens the parks more than likely would no longer remain the same way they are now, right? In other words, protected for all to enjoy.
Transferring parks to the states would have no impact whatsoever on their quality or our ability to enjoy them. Maybe you didn't notice but most states already have lots of wonderful parks. So do towns and cities. And guess what? They didn't need the Federal Government to build or conserve those parks. And those parks are open for all to enjoy just like National Parks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies