Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2013, 06:30 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,730,610 times

Advertisements

Boehner: How about a 6 week debt ceiling increase? That will give us time to negotiate.

Obama: Sounds great, let's get it done.

Reid: No! No! No! I will not agree to anything less than 100% of what I want. Screw the dead military members and kids with cancer.

Obama (in a whiny voice): Harry, I don't give a damn about the American people either. But if we don't get something done, I won't be able to play golf this weekend either. I can't miss 2 weekends in a row. Come one Harry, don't do this to me.

Old 10-10-2013, 06:31 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,337,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
Boehner: How about a 6 week debt ceiling increase? That will give us time to negotiate.

Reid: No! No! No! I will not agree to anything less than 100% of what I want. Screw the dead military members and kids with cancer.

Obama (in a whiny voice): Harry, I don't give a damn about the American people either. But if we don't get something done, I won't be able to play golf this weekend either. I can't miss 2 weekends in a row. Come one Harry, don't do this to me.
Another dumb and pointless post.
*sigh*

Ken

Old 10-10-2013, 06:35 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,271,173 times
So .... It's October 11, 2013 - this was supposed to be the day of the big Discharge Petition that the Democrats were going to bring to the floor of the House of Representatives TODAY, and allow all those poor Captive Republicans to Vote for a Clean CR, and get this country on back on track.

So whatever happened to that "Big Plan" that was all over the Internet AND C-D?
The House Democrats only needed 17 House Republicans (out of 233) to sign their petition and release the entire Country from the 30 "anarchist-terrorist-Traitor (out of 233 House Republicans) that are Tea Party "Hostage Takers". All 30 of them are now controlling the ENTIRE country.

So ...... whatever happened to that "great", "sure fire" plan?
MATH is soooo HARD,

Old 10-10-2013, 06:55 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,664,501 times
I'm starting to think that the Republicans, led by the nose by the tea party, are going for the whole enchilada.

Just like their negotiations with the ACA for over a year.
They said form a committee. They disagreed with every conclusion. they said let us have some input. Obama gave them input. They wanted their ideas included. Obama incorporated many of the republican's ideas in the ACA. Bottom line after all the two stepping and stalling, they reneged on their agreements and not one republican voted for it. Total double cross.

Now they are going to stall and cajole until the clock runs out. They want the clock to run out because then Obama has no choice but to invoke the 14th amendment to keep the nation and the world's economies from going into a tailspin.
As soon as the president invokes the 14th amendment they will say "Gotcha" and start impeachment proceedings. Then you can imagine the rest. Checkmate. By the time this is all over we'll be lucky if they don't hang him from the nearest tree, vigilante style.

Hopefully they're not that smart.

Old 10-10-2013, 07:17 PM

46,307 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Another dumb and pointless post.
*sigh*

Ken
I see you only called out someone who was against the ACA.....what about all those dumb and pointless posts the last 3 pages....

Why are you not saying the same thing about them?

Old 10-10-2013, 07:18 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,956,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
I see you only called out someone who was against the ACA.....what about all those dumb and pointless posts the last 3 pages....

It's what the OFA plants are supposed to do.

Old 10-10-2013, 07:19 PM

35,704 posts, read 21,063,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post

OMG you for real you really believe what you are saying--- please come out of the backwoods,,,

Old 10-10-2013, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post

against the ACA? or againts a comment not fitting to be printed with out any value whatsoever

Old 10-10-2013, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
I'm starting to think that the Republicans, led by the nose by the tea party, are going for the whole enchilada.

Just like their negotiations with the ACA for over a year.
They said form a committee. They disagreed with every conclusion. they said let us have some input. Obama gave them input. They wanted their ideas included. Obama incorporated many of the republican's ideas in the ACA. Bottom line after all the two stepping and stalling, they reneged on their agreements and not one republican voted for it. Total double cross.

Now they are going to stall and cajole until the clock runs out. They want the clock to run out because then Obama has no choice but to invoke the 14th amendment to keep the nation and the world's economies from going into a tailspin.
As soon as the president invokes the 14th amendment they will say "Gotcha" and start impeachment proceedings. Then you can imagine the rest. Checkmate. By the time this is all over we'll be lucky if they don't hang him from the nearest tree, vigilante style.

Hopefully they're not that smart.
They are so desparate,,, it's sad... deal with ACA on the floor not with your own employees on the grill! People are suffering.. really having a hard time.. they are!!! physically mentally emotionally, not all fed employees are rich, some work 2 jobs, have kids, are sick have sick kids or parents.. single moms.. what is wrong with you all? what are you afraid of??? If tomorrow some dumb country did something stupid, guesss what?? we would spend a trillion dollars we dont have.. and go to war!! Three tornadoes and a earth quake could happen causing floods... we still spend money we dont have, and god
forbid a pandemic rises because of lack of good health care, you going down too!

Old 10-10-2013, 07:33 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,977,958 times
SOMEBODY gets it:
NBC/WSJ poll: 60 percent say fire every member of Congress - First Read

Yes, definitely, vote AGAINST ALL INCUMBENTS!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies