Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2013, 08:36 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,733,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
But the main reason why I don't like the Tea Party is because while they fight for large corporations and the rich, they fight against the poor and middle class.
Wow. Then they must be Obama supporters. He's the best friend large corporations have. They are his buddies. And he hates the poor and middle class. Under his watch, the rich have gotten richer and the poor have been screwed.

So, is Obama a Tea Party guy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2013, 08:39 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
1) Total hypocrites. Railing against government while suckling at its teat rings a bit hollow.
2) Incredibly low information. We're talking an inability to do even basic arithmetic, much less understand the complex issues that face the country.
3) Anti-freedom. Sorry, but you can't claim you're for limited government and personal freedom while at the same time pursuing a radical religiously-driven agenda of denying people their rights and invading people's private lives.
4) Irrational. The whole thing seems to be driven by nothing more than a heavy dose of hate and a total rejection of reality.

Old 10-10-2013, 08:43 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,407,185 times
Political malpractice, in the case of Ted Cruz and the kamikaze 'defund' fiasco. He set the cause of fiscal responsibility back immensely.

Old 10-10-2013, 08:45 PM

18,801 posts, read 8,466,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycaddict View Post
why don't you like the tea party?

RULES! NO NAME CALLING OR PERSONAL ATTACKS! strictly politics.
It's not so much I don't like the Party, but why do they all have to ride Hardleys?

<LOL>

Old 10-10-2013, 08:47 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,479,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycaddict View Post
why don't you like the tea party?

RULES! NO NAME CALLING OR PERSONAL ATTACKS! strictly politics.
Boy, where do I start?

1. They are hateful and mean. I really do think they're fueled by some kind of psychotic hatred for anyone who's different from them.
2. They eat their own--even other Republicans--with names like RINO, with constant primary challenges. These people would have been perfectly at home in Revolutionary France. #jacobins.
3. They live in a completely different reality from the rest of us, including other Republicans--with their own media, their own mouthpieces, their own talking points. Talking to them (and I have Tea Party relatives) is like talking to a cult member. There is literally NO convincing them of anything that contradicts, Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck, Fox News or Townhall. I don't even talk politics with my tea party relatives because it's pointless. Won't even bother. I will talk politics with plenty of Republicans though.
4. They have no respect for the will of the American people or the rule of law. In 2012, they lost the election and failed to gain the Senate (after their second attempt). Now they're staging a coup against the government in order to get rid of a law that was passed by congress, signed by the president, ratified by the Supreme Court and essentially voted on by the American people. And STILL, they will not respect that basic Constitutionally prescribed procedure.

Let's just say that I look forward to the day, 25 years from now, when I teach my students about American history, and I will tell them about a group of fanatics named the Tea Party, who nearly destroyed the country, who tried to undermine our sacred governmental institutions and our economy, and how moderate Republicans and Democrats stepped in and rescued the nation from plunging into that madness.

Trust me, these people will NOT be remembered well--even by other Republicans.

Old 10-10-2013, 08:50 PM

18,801 posts, read 8,466,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
Because the Tea Party was created by large corporations, and its only purpose is to increase corporate and CEO profits. But the people who join the Tea Party are unable to realize that they are being manipulated by these corporations.

Americas Tea Party wants the following,

They want corporate tax cuts.
They want 0% tax rates on capital gains so corporate CEO's get 0% federal tax rates.
They want corporate deregulation to increase corporate profits.
They want to abolish the EPA, FDA, IRS, FCC, ex.ex., because these agencies fine large corporations.
They want to privatize Social Security so Wall Street CEO's can get $750 billion dollars in transfer fees.
ex.ex.

The corporate leaders of the Tea Party also lie to the Tea Party and tell them "tax cuts for large corporations and the rich increase government revenues." (but 100% of respected economists say tax cuts don't increase revenues.)

The Tea Party leaders lie and say "man made global warming is not happening." This lie is a favor for corporations like ExxonMobile, because if we combat global warming these corporations will make less money.
(note: 97% of all climate scientists say man made global warming is happening.)

But the main reason why I don't like the Tea Party is because while they fight for large corporations and the rich, they fight against the poor and middle class. The Tea Party is against welfare, against raising the min wage, against tax credits for poor workers, against health care for all, against workers unions, against helping home foreclosure victims, ex.ex.
Tea Partiers are by their nature perennial and inveterate trickle down supply siders. And as such they work against their own constituency.

Old 10-10-2013, 08:51 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,967,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazerunner View Post
Here's my serious response with no flames or trolling:

1. I find them unnecessarily rude and abrasive in their media interviews. Allen West, Joe Walsh, Sean Duffy, etc. are jerks.
What, no criticism of the elected people who call them 'terrorists' and such?

No, just attacking them for being blunt.

Old 10-10-2013, 08:59 PM

6,512 posts, read 7,546,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Minded View Post
Because they're big meanies and want America to live within it's means! (sarcasm)
Your grammar is excellent (sarcasm).

Old 10-10-2013, 09:10 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,917,879 times
The tea party's whole platform SOUNDS reasonable, but the way they go about things is the wrong way and it's unrealistic...
Plus there's a tinge of hypocrisy in the air, seeing as how many of these people were the ones who voted for bush and all his spending on wars..yet now all of the sudden there's a black man in office, he's "spending us into oblivion."..
Let us not forget, bush was handed a budget SURPLUS, by Clinton a democrat.. to which he totally annihilated.. obama has reduced THAT deficit by half of bush's WHILE managing a global financial crisis.. and some how he's the anti-christ of setting a national budget?
I don't think these tea party people have any real constructive motives or integrity for that matter..
And that is the simple reason why I don't like them..

Last edited by boiseguy; 10-10-2013 at 10:09 PM..

Old 10-10-2013, 09:16 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,967,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
what you consider fiction? reality?
Nope. EVERY LAST THING they are arguing that "the tea party" is is false.

Amazing how all of them have been manipulated into hating other people, based solely on falsehood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies