Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2013, 10:22 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,654,438 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Wow. Then they must be Obama supporters. He's the best friend large corporations have. They are his buddies. And he hates the poor and middle class. Under his watch, the rich have gotten richer and the poor have been screwed.

So, is Obama a Tea Party guy?
You said Obama is the best friend corporations have. If that were true you would be able to show Obama giving corporations more money than this,

Romney's Economic Plan Includes $6.6 Trillion Tax Cut For The Rich And Corporations | ThinkProgress

Can you show me how Obama gives corporations trillions of dollars?
Answer: No you can't (because republicans are the best friend that corporations have.)

Then you say Obama hates the poor and middle class. The following shows how republicans hate the poor and middle class.

1. republicans are against welfare for the poor.
2. republicans are against raising the min wage.
3. they are against earned income tax credits for poor workers.
4. They are against health care for all.
5. they are against helping middle class home foreclosure victims.
ex.ex.

Please explain to me how Obama hates the poor and middle class.

What did Obama do to show that he hates the poor and middle class?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2013, 10:29 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,762,061 times
Because they are whiners and phoneys, and they have the brass to claim to be patriots. They have basically done everything in their power to root against America since Obama came into office.

Old 10-10-2013, 10:30 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,156,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Minded View Post
Because they're big meanies and want America to live within it's means! (sarcasm)
Really, so they support raising taxes? Did I miss that?

7,359 posts, read 5,463,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
Because their commitment to fiscal responsibility is a fraud, never having been expressed prior to January 20, 2009.
Why does that make it a fraud? Because they didn't protest Bush as much as Obama that makes them frauds? What kind of logic is that?

1,378 posts, read 1,392,148 times
Because they are a bunch of selfish, self-righteous, self-serving ideological hacks.

The casual racism doesn't help, either.

Old 10-10-2013, 11:37 PM

4,911 posts, read 3,429,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
Heres a link to an article in Forbes from 2009 about how Medicare Part D was passed. Republican Deficit Hypocrisy - Forbes

If Republicans are able to re-write history they will blame 9-11 on Clinton, credit Bush with Bin Ladens death and Obama being at the watch when hurricane Katrina hit. By the way how about all the birtherism non-sense from the Tea Party.
They already do blame Clinton for 9/11. Another example, ask a conservative about Ruby Ridge and some of then will blame Clinton

Old 10-11-2013, 12:00 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,227,349 times
Rick Scott.

'nuff said.

Old 10-11-2013, 06:36 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,479,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
Why does that make it a fraud? Because they didn't protest Bush as much as Obama that makes them frauds?
Yes.

Old 10-11-2013, 07:22 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
Boy, where do I start?

1. They are hateful and mean. I really do think they're fueled by some kind of psychotic hatred for anyone who's different from them.
2. They eat their own--even other Republicans--with names like RINO, with constant primary challenges. These people would have been perfectly at home in Revolutionary France. #jacobins.
3. They live in a completely different reality from the rest of us, including other Republicans--with their own media, their own mouthpieces, their own talking points. Talking to them (and I have Tea Party relatives) is like talking to a cult member. There is literally NO convincing them of anything that contradicts, Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck, Fox News or Townhall. I don't even talk politics with my tea party relatives because it's pointless. Won't even bother. I will talk politics with plenty of Republicans though.
4. They have no respect for the will of the American people or the rule of law. In 2012, they lost the election and failed to gain the Senate (after their second attempt). Now they're staging a coup against the government in order to get rid of a law that was passed by congress, signed by the president, ratified by the Supreme Court and essentially voted on by the American people. And STILL, they will not respect that basic Constitutionally prescribed procedure.

Let's just say that I look forward to the day, 25 years from now, when I teach my students about American history, and I will tell them about a group of fanatics named the Tea Party, who nearly destroyed the country, who tried to undermine our sacred governmental institutions and our economy, and how moderate Republicans and Democrats stepped in and rescued the nation from plunging into that madness.

Trust me, these people will NOT be remembered well--even by other Republicans.
This.
The alternate universe thing particularly. I find it terrifying.

Old 10-11-2013, 07:24 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
1) Total hypocrites. Railing against government while suckling at its teat rings a bit hollow.
2) Incredibly low information. We're talking an inability to do even basic arithmetic, much less understand the complex issues that face the country.
3) Anti-freedom. Sorry, but you can't claim you're for limited government and personal freedom while at the same time pursuing a radical religiously-driven agenda of denying people their rights and invading people's private lives.
4) Irrational. The whole thing seems to be driven by nothing more than a heavy dose of hate and a total rejection of reality.
^^^ This.

And an alarming misunderstanding of the female reproductive system.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies