Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2015, 05:39 PM

2,686 posts, read 1,771,432 times

Advertisements

Uh, no you never said that you disagreed with the curriculum, you said that there were ideas that you did not agree with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
those quotation marks are there for a reason. I dont think it is brainwashing either. I think it is a different way of thinking that I dont agree with.
Since you were not specific, I posted the principles. That is not the curriculum, in fact the curriculum is not even posted on that site. It sounds to me like you have an irrational fear of anything affiliated with the word "Koch".

Old 07-02-2015, 05:40 PM

Quote:
laissez faire economics in general. Its the argument of the economy will fix itself if we stay out of the way.

The problem is, the economy fixing itself by laissez faire standards are not the same as the economy being sustainable for 160 million workers.
If that is the case, it sounds like you have a problem with Adam Smith, not the Charles Koch Institute. Did you know that Keynes only advocated for a short term action by government to stimulate a sluggish economy? He would not agree with current Keynesian theorists that government action is the lifeblood of an economy.

Old 07-02-2015, 05:44 PM

I got it, we can now call all the Koch Brothers alarmists Kochphobes!

Old 07-02-2015, 05:59 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,558 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.C. Ogilvy View Post
If that is the case, it sounds like you have a problem with Adam Smith, not the Charles Koch Institute.
The Koch Brothers choose to pay for multiple departments at universities and specify that to keep that money, they have to teach those economic ideals and those only. so no, my problem isnt with Smith as Smith would have said teach economics and let people pick which school or philosophy is best for themselves.

Quote:
Did you know that Keynes only advocated for a short term action by government to stimulate a sluggish economy? He would not agree with current Keynesian theorists that government action is the lifeblood of an economy.
Keynes' argument was that when you do a stimulus, you do it right because half$^%# it only results in half$^% results.He obviously put it more elegantly.

Old 07-02-2015, 06:07 PM

Quote:
The Koch Brothers choose to pay for multiple departments at universities and specify that to keep that money, they have to teach those economic ideals and those only.
Seeing as many of those schools on the list are public universities, it shouldn't be too hard for you to locate a public record which proves your conspiracy theory.

I would like to see an actual document, not a hit piece by leftist blogs and "news" sites like Daily Kos, HuffPo, or Mother Jones which is all that came up on the first page when I searched for your sentence.

Old 07-02-2015, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Seeing as many of those schools on the list are public universities, it shouldn't be too hard for you to locate a public record which proves your conspiracy theory.

I would like to see an actual document, not a hit piece by leftist blogs and "news" sites like Daily Kos, HuffPo, or Mother Jones which is all that came up on the first page when I searched for your sentence.
Public record for what, we already agree that it happens, its on the Koch Brothers own website(that certainly isnt some left blog or "news" site) .

Old 07-02-2015, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Uh, no you never said that you disagreed with the curriculum, you said that there were ideas that you did not agree with.
The idea is a conservative form of economic policies, which is the curriculum.

Quote:
Since you were not specific, I posted the principles. That is not the curriculum, in fact the curriculum is not even posted on that site. It sounds to me like you have an irrational fear of anything affiliated with the word "Koch".
the principles are not the curriculum, so even in your twisted attempt to side step the debate, you would still be wrong.

Quote:
in fact the curriculum is not even posted on that site.
This is where research and hiring practices were mentioned earlier.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies