Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2013, 06:04 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,731,520 times

Advertisements

This will make your blood boil. Thankfully, there were some observers who did the right thing.

Drunk Off-Duty Deputy Filmed Assaulting Woman He Handcuffed At Bar Over Argument - informationliberation
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2013, 04:11 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,165,976 times
What is missing from this video, is what led up to the incident. While I don't approve of how it appears to be handled, I cannot ascertain why she was cuffed in the first place. Additionally. it appears as if she is causing some of this herself. He keeps telling her to stand up, trying to hold her up, she appears to be trying to fall down on purpose. I cannot tell for sure if she tried to twist away, or if he twisted her arms, if he twisted her arms, then he did wrong here. Further video shows, he tries to get her to sit, and she keeps screaming, but he doesn't appear to be doing anything other than trying to maintain her in place, telling someone else, that she isn't under arrest. Another girls appears to be saying that he's hurting her, but all that is happening is he's got a hand on her arm, and doesn't appear to be using any force. App, 4:00 in incident is the most telling. I really would like to see or know what led up to the incident, and see a better angle, it almost appears that she tries to twist away, and then resist by not standing, or he twists and forces her to go down, pulling her, it can really go both ways. Without more info, I cannot tell for sure, but really need to see what led up to this.

Old 10-17-2013, 04:13 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,044,413 times
But we don't need no stinkin' 2nd amendment!

Our "Well regulated Militias" are benign!

Old 10-17-2013, 04:34 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,827,945 times
Stupid cops!!!!!!

Old 10-17-2013, 05:46 AM

4,738 posts, read 4,433,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
But we don't need no stinkin' 2nd amendment!

Our "Well regulated Militias" are benign!
yeah this incident needed random people with guns

Old 10-17-2013, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
What is missing from this video, is what led up to the incident. While I don't approve of how it appears to be handled, I cannot ascertain why she was cuffed in the first place. Additionally. it appears as if she is causing some of this herself. He keeps telling her to stand up, trying to hold her up, she appears to be trying to fall down on purpose. I cannot tell for sure if she tried to twist away, or if he twisted her arms, if he twisted her arms, then he did wrong here. Further video shows, he tries to get her to sit, and she keeps screaming, but he doesn't appear to be doing anything other than trying to maintain her in place, telling someone else, that she isn't under arrest. Another girls appears to be saying that he's hurting her, but all that is happening is he's got a hand on her arm, and doesn't appear to be using any force. App, 4:00 in incident is the most telling. I really would like to see or know what led up to the incident, and see a better angle, it almost appears that she tries to twist away, and then resist by not standing, or he twists and forces her to go down, pulling her, it can really go both ways. Without more info, I cannot tell for sure, but really need to see what led up to this.
If a cop is drinking in a bar, he shouldn't arrest anybody. That's a recipe for disaster. The atmosphere appeared to be rather calm, so it's doubtful that this woman was causing too much of a ruccas.

It would be helpful to see what led up to the drunk cops actions.

Old 10-17-2013, 06:16 AM

Here is more info;

According to a Columbia Police Department incident report, around 11 p.m. Derrick approached a female soldier from Fort Jackson who appeared to be upset. The report states 23-year-old Brittany Ball showed no interest in Derrick and the two started arguing.

Police say Derrick, who was not in uniform and was drinking alcohol, left the restaurant and returned with handcuffs he retrieved from his vehicle.

Derrick overpowered Ball, handcuffed her, pulled her to her feet, and slammed her head into a metal table, the report states. Ball, according to the report, was also drinking alcohol.

Cell phone video recorded by a bar patron Steven Hughes details the events as they unfolded on the patio of the restaurant.

"I said, 'I'm going to start videoing this, because I think something is about to get out of hand,'" said Hughes. "And about the time I got my video out, he had her turned around and was putting her in handcuffs. I mean she never yelled at him. She never resisted. She was as calm as she could be. Obviously she was scared, I mean when you get arrested, especially if it's your first time you're going to be scared."

Cell phone video shows off-duty deputy attempt to arrest soldier - FOX Carolina 21

Old 10-17-2013, 06:48 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,165,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
If a cop is drinking in a bar, he shouldn't arrest anybody. That's a recipe for disaster. The atmosphere appeared to be rather calm, so it's doubtful that this woman was causing too much of a ruccas.

It would be helpful to see what led up to the drunk cops actions.
Agreed, with one exception, you can clearly hear him stating, she isn't under arrest.

Old 10-17-2013, 06:51 AM

229 posts, read 163,669 times
She turned down his advances!
That is what started this. She insulted him, when he would not take no for an answer.

Old 10-17-2013, 06:57 AM

And then he got fired.

Deputy fired after trying to arrest soldier at bar - KCTV5
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies