Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2013, 04:37 PM

63 posts, read 47,692 times

Advertisements

I'm a little confused by the interviews I've seen with the GOP as of late. I get the feeling that a lot of GOP members believe that some site glitches are tantamount to the entire ACA being a dismal failure.

Old 10-21-2013, 04:39 PM

37,982 posts, read 22,163,168 times
It's just in keeping with the 0bama admin's running themes of incompetence at everything they touch

Old 10-21-2013, 04:47 PM

63 posts, read 47,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
It's just in keeping with the 0bama admin's running themes of incompetence at everything they touch
Objectively the key economic indicators in the US don't look that bad...so I'm not sure what you mean exactly? Obviously the debt is high, but the deficit and subsequent debt aren't urgently pressing issues at this time. They will be more pressing as we go on but I think jobs are the bigger issue and we're moving in the right direction on that front.

Old 10-21-2013, 04:52 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,315,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wkennyn View Post
I'm a little confused by the interviews I've seen with the GOP as of late. I get the feeling that a lot of GOP members believe that some site glitches are tantamount to the entire ACA being a dismal failure.
"Some site 'glitches'?" You're a Democrat operative, right. Are you an OFA volunteer too? Because it sounds like you are repeating the administration rhetoric.

These aren't "glitches." And, many experts have said so. It is a collosal failure. Period

Old 10-21-2013, 04:54 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,038,973 times
And this is just the beginning. Yippee. :/

Old 10-21-2013, 04:57 PM

148 posts, read 296,839 times
It doesn't matter what political party you believe in, the site should have worked. It hasn't and everyone has said it is a colossal failure. It doesn't relate to whether Obamacare works or not, but I think at the very least, it does reflect poorly on the administration when that is the foundation of the program. Ease of signing up is one of the huge arguments for it. If you can't sign up because the website sucks, that is a problem and should have some attention. Many people with all different political beliefs don't agree with Obamacare and feel that it isn't a good idea.

Old 10-21-2013, 05:02 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,952,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wkennyn View Post
Please. Just wait for it to really get going. It's going to be a colossal FAILURE that's going to plague us all for years to come.

Old 10-21-2013, 05:06 PM

7,542 posts, read 11,578,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BT Lover View Post
It doesn't matter what political party you believe in, the site should have worked. It hasn't and everyone has said it is a colossal failure. It doesn't relate to whether Obamacare works or not, but I think at the very least, it does reflect poorly on the administration when that is the foundation of the program. Ease of signing up is one of the huge arguments for it. If you can't sign up because the website sucks, that is a problem and should have some attention. Many people with all different political beliefs don't agree with Obamacare and feel that it isn't a good idea.
No super big site works 100% the first week to 10 days it is up if you think it should your disillusion the bugs should have been worked out by now

Old 10-21-2013, 05:09 PM

148 posts, read 296,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
No super big site works 100% the first week to 10 days it is up if you think it should your disillusion the bugs should have been worked out by now
Really? For a site like this, it should have been tested enough to know if it works. But, the problem isn't just the website, it is the enrolling by phone and chatting with representatives. It takes hours and hours. How does anyone have time to deal with that? It is a total embarrassment. Your explanation is far from acceptable. No one should have to give a site 10 days to finally work the way it should. This isn't Netflix. People are depending on this.

Old 10-21-2013, 05:12 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,716,559 times
How will obamacare work if 50 million uninsured can't sign up for it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies