Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2013, 10:59 PM

21,475 posts, read 10,575,891 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
The Republicans stance on abortion. I don't think abortions should be used as a form of birth-control but clearly we would be further up Crap Creek if every child conceived was born.

The continuing shift by some on the Right to appease illegals pisses me off as well. The Left wants the votes and the Right wants the cheap labor. Neither give a damn about the consequences of their desires.
Don't be naïve, the right wants their votes too.

Old 10-22-2013, 11:01 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,486,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
No. It's the government doesn't belong in my bedroom mentality.
Thats a good mentality.

Old 10-22-2013, 11:02 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,465,032 times
Quote:
What do you hate most about your side of the political aisle?
Sometimes I get tired of the free sex, the marijuana, and the constant ringing of my Obamaphone, and just want to get away from it all as far as my welfare check will take me.

Old 10-22-2013, 11:02 PM

3,702 posts, read 4,851,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamihurricane555 View Post
none of that sounds very conservative.
Ahh, but I am conservative. I just don't fit the mold that because I belong to one party I have to follow with everything that party goes with. I can think on my own.

Old 10-22-2013, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlinfshr View Post
Ahh, but I am conservative. I just don't fit the mold that because I belong to one party I have to follow with everything that party goes with. I can think on my own.
See, that's how I am too. Its nice to be able to use your head and be able to think your own thoughts and form your own opinions in different matters. More people should try it

Old 10-22-2013, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Sometimes I get tired of the free sex, the marijuana, and the constant ringing of my Obamaphone, and just want to get away from it all as far as my welfare check will take me.

Basically, leave me the hell alone I have my own life to live.
I totally agree.

Old 10-22-2013, 11:18 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
That is a horrible thought. You think people dislike the Tea Party just because.... NO, it is because we dont think your policies will work. in fact we know they wont work, and so do you(in a sense).

Some of you do not just want to privatize social security,medicare and medicaid, you want to completely eliminate them.

this doesnt solve the problem,it just means its now societies problem and not the government.

Which of the current non-Tea Party policies are working?

Old 10-23-2013, 12:07 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlightAttendant View Post
I agree with Stan4. Far too much focus on birth control etc. Sure, I get it. Many feel birth control is wrong..ditto abortion. So how about dealing with that in your OWN life and keep your moral judgements out of politics. I am a registered Independent but I lean toward a conservative approach to government. Guess you could call me a somewhat social liberal (OK with gay marriage, abortion etc) but a fiscal conservative (fix the tax policy and stop this insane spending). Just a thought.

Who is leading the charge against birth control?

Ted Cruz?

Marco Rubio?

Sarah Palin?

I'm not sure the Pope qualifies as a Tea Party activist, but implying his views on BC are reflected by Tea Party participants does move the discussion away from the decades-long raid on the treasury that is the primary issue of the movement.

For the people who don't want to discuss spending or the size and scope of the federal government, the made up birth control issue is a misdirection masterpiece.

As for abortion, more Americans, to include women, identify as pro-life and favor common sense restrictions on abortion than favor abortion on demand which has become the holy grail of conventional liberalism.

Gallup: More Americans Are Pro-Life than Pro-Choice | The Weekly Standard

Common State Abortion Restrictions Spark Mixed Reviews

Should the majority of Americans who are pro-life suck it up so that a minority group opposed to them can interject their own moral judgments into politics?

Old 10-23-2013, 06:49 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,975,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Evidence? I have heard that the wait with the elevator music is less than a minute and it takes less than half an hour to get your application complete as long as you have your personal info ready. You can spend hours though thinking about the various plans you can choose from once your app is done, though. Choice in health insurance is something many Americans have never had before.
Choice is something we HAVE had. Now, the choice may have been to buy insurance or that new TV, or stay in a job that doesn't provide healthcare or attain a skill that gets that job that does, or to only have as many children as a parent can provide for.

You're seriously saying that NOW we have a choice? You couldn't be further from the truth. All choice has been taken away. Now, you WILL buy insurance.

Old 10-23-2013, 07:02 AM

23,559 posts, read 17,227,205 times
So basically Obama thinks we are not far above the intelligence level of animals. Taking the adage, you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink' is the motto of Obama admin.

Here is a wonderful opportunity for affordable healthcare that is revolutionary and life saving and yet the administration has to force it down our throats, hire celebrities, lie about it and hide information in order to not frighten people away.

Not bad for complex legislation passed by partisan vote, approved by those who had no clue as to its ramifications.

Not bad for a prez who had no idea of the rollout problems as he makes a rock solid case for his incompetence and mandatory removal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies